Infiltrator best build order?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Shadoroth, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Shadoroth

Lets have a discussion on where I should spend my cert points next! I just started playing this game (BR 10). I am a VS infiltrator for the most part. My favourite type of gameplay is finding an amp station or tech facility, and either sneaking to a vantage point to do some sniping, or sneaking into their AA battery and killing the enemy vehicles with their own guns. On to the discussion!

I bought with my first 160 cert points: a 12x zoom for the starter rifle(mistakenly). Then the XM98, then the 12x zoom for that.

What should I save up for next? I was thinking ammo pouch and med kits. I would also like some anti-vehicle capabilites. I heard bouncing betties were good? Also how do the different cloaking armors work? I seem to be doing perfectly fine with the default armor.
  2. grin

Med kit first is my recommendation. 50 certs gets you near instant full health. It will keep you going in the field. Get nanoweave rank 1 for 1 cert point until you get something better. That's 10% more health for 1 cert point. I'd use that until I save up 200 for the proximity mine or your ammo belt. Keep in mind that 150 certs for ammo belt 1 gives you 5 more rounds, that's 30 certs per extra bullet.

Proximity mine can be placed to 1 shot kill infantry(any number in range). If you see an enemy somewhere you can place the mine, like over a small wall or down some stairs or railings, you can "place" the mine there and it will instantly detonate. This makes it function somewhat like really fast C4. There are no anti-vehicle abilities or weapons for the infiltrator that I know of, other than hacking turrets.

Hunter cloak lasts 12 seconds and takes 12 seconds to regenerate(6 sec at max rank)
    Armor cloak I believe lasts 6 seconds and takes at least that to regenerate. Last time I tested it, it was a 38% damage reduction(61% more effective health. That will get you 4 more shots before dieing. Maxes out at 10 seconds, and 48% reduction(92% more effective health) so 6-7 extra shots.

I just use the hunter cloak as that lasts longer by default, but the maxed out armor cloak actually looks pretty good.

Emp grenade seems pretty interesting but its debatable whether or not it's better to have that than the grenade.
  3. PeterLawford

I like the default (6x) scope. It's functional out to the max draw distance (about 350m), and it's useable in close quarters. Plus, it's free.

The first thing you should get, after your bolt action rifle (which you already have) is the restoration pack. It's a universal cert so it's nice for your other classes too. Then you probably want to work on your hunter's cloak ability. That increases your cloak regeneration, which I find extremely useful. At the same time you'll want to also work on your suit ability. I like the nanoweave armor personally, because it makes up a bit for the squishy-ness of the infiltrator armor. But I can see the benefit of going with more ammo too. I think eventually I'll have two loadouts, with nanoweave for situations where I'll have access to an equipment terminal and extra ammo for when I want to wander off by myself. But the times where it's been a real disadvantage to only have 30 rounds have been few and far between, so I'm definitely doing nanoweave armor first.

Some people like the suppressor, but I don't. Yes, the sound of the rifle can make you show up on a minimap or let people close to you hone in on your position, but I think that can be compensated for by staying on the move and cloaking frequently. Plus, it's 100 cert points, and that's a lot. Oh, and the forward grip is completely useless. So, to summarize here, I don't use any attachments on my rifle, and I don't plan to unless some new, useful ones are added.

I don't think you'll be able to have anti-vehicle capabilities as a sniper. There was some discussion of perhaps giving them access to C4, but I don't think that's currently in the game. Bouncing betties are anti-personnel mines, which can be good in some circumstances, but they take up your restoration pack spot, so I don't think they're worthwhile.