Infiltrator - Anti-Material Sniper Rifle

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hellhammer, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Makora

I can't decide if this idea is completely bonkers or just crazy enough to work. 1 shot on vehicles? No, back armor on MBTs? Maybe, IF such restrictions are in place. Just a simple "Win at tank fights" button would not be acceptable by the rest of community, no mater what restrictions you put in place.

If such a weapon is to be implemented, you have my idea or vision of it. Then it should first be implemented on a test server. No one will ever know how something handles until it's been let loose on the masses. Maybe leave it a bit OP at the start and start reigning it in from there until a balance has been reached.

I also can't quite agree with the idea of being tied to medals. I'm not seeing myself using anything but the M-77. I just feel that if a class requirement is to be reached it should be tied to score earned by class, time spent with class or number of certs invested in a class. Or all of the above, more likely. In the cert case, weapons should not count.
  2. Elaqure

I'm going to further outline the idea tonight in a new thread in suggestions and ideas. I'd love to see how a larger group of people would respond to this idea.
  3. Hellhammer

Elaqure - as much as I'm all for an "I win button" against tanks (I personally hate them as an Infiltrator), I can't, in all good consciousness, support a 1 hit explode tank weapon :)

C4 costs 100 materials a pop, and it takes 2. Let's say the special ammo type costs 10 materials a piece, that means 10 shots. 10 shots sounds very fail in my opinion. It gives them a chance to bug out, and who knows what else is being shot at them. Just trying to balance the playing field, not give the advantage to any one side.