[Suggestion] Infiltrator anti darklight-flashlight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ciider, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Demigan

It actually makes the point even more important. If you have to spend half a second decloaking you are guaranteed to die if you don't act before them. So decloaking before they find you (with/without flashlight) is of the essence.
    Also, picking your fights also means picking your position. A good position is one where you can attack without them spotting you beforehand. If they do spot you beforehand then your enemy picked the fight and you have already lost on both your idea of picking the fights you want and you have lost the battle due to decloaking time+horridly lower DPS compared to primary weapons.

Exactly why you should be the one opening the fight and not your enemy! This is exactly what I keep saying: If you attack after discovery you have already lost the fight. Therefore if you get in a position where you have a high chance of being discovered, you should attack first.

Oh come on! That's one situation that can be avoided in many combat situations. Also if you are in an area with spotters and darts they already know something is coming and you have lost half your battle of surprising them regardless of you showing up on the radar or not.
  2. Cimm0

No, just no.

1) When you are using DL, you actually have to use an accessory slot for something which has a very limited purpose outside hunting down a single class of players. In fact, that's the only use. You can't dazzle people with it, it's a huge "shoot me" sign in dark areas and ruins the effect of surprise near corners when enemy sees the light before your character

2) The range is so short that you get gunned down by snipers, SMG infiltrators, etc. etc. before you can even spot them. Anyone can see YOU using the light, though, especially from far away.

3) Getting killed by invisible boogeymen is annoying and taking away the only way to actively hunt them down would be INCREDIBLY frustrating. Nobody is going to blast a whole base with EMPs (whoever thought of this, shame on you - nobody carries that many nades or wants to resupply them all the time for a single infiltrator) or fire recon darts all over the base, only to see the infiltrator stop moving for a while. You need a way to find and kill them without the need to resupply every 30 seconds.
  3. Savadrin

Your points are all valid, but I will take some small exception to this one. Here's the reasoning:

1) Short attention spans.
    2) Overconfidence that an INF will bug out due to darts or spotter.
    3) Darts are easy, but by the time you can see the spotter, you're already well in its range of detection.
    4) You are NOT the only INF in the area, almost ever.

The game is literally filled with uneven surfaces. Also, people typically relax their guard after one INF dies, though for the life of me I don't know why. I make bank on this every time I play, because the kamikaze buys it and the darklights go away in about 10 seconds.

It's always more risky if they know you're coming but let's face it, +80% of the time after the first shot goes out, unless it's complete chaos, they now know you're there and that's only good for one kill. That spotter means you can't jump off a console, a crate, the tower wall, the actual capture point mechanism thing (one of my favorites) or a myriad other places that are NOT THE FLOOR, which is the most dangerous place for a stalker to be imho.

Other than that, we almost universally agree ;)
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

if someone came with flashlight - it's your fault.