Infil update slated for February, let's discuss the specifics

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

Goal: Add more reconnaissance team play tools and more loadout choices to the Infiltrator class

New weapons
    1 faction unique bolt-action rifle
    TR: This bolt-action features the highest magazine size in its class
    VS: Higher mobility when compared to all other bolt sniper rifles
    NC: Highest damage in its class
    1 shared semi-auto sniper rifle for the aggressive forward snipers

New tools

Recon Drone
    This remote controlled flying drone will allow Infiltrators to safely gather intel and spot enemies from a distance.
    Enemies will be able to shoot the drone down to prevent the intel gathering.
    Motion Sensor
    This tool will give more detailed information when compared to Recon Detect Device, but it can only be placed at the infiltrator’s current location (unlike the Detect Tool, which can be fired to a forward location).

New loadout choices

Stalker Cloak
    When equipped, the Stalker Cloak allows the player to regen their ability meter while cloaked, but the regen will only activate when completely stationary. Moving will cause the cloak meter to be consumed, just like the other two cloak types.
    The player cannot equip a primary weapon when this cloak is equipped

Bolt Attachment
    This attachment will allow the bolt-action rifles to chamber the next round while still scoped

Adrenaline Pump

We’re adding the adrenaline pump (faster sprint speed) cert line to the Infiltrator to match it being a lighter class
  2. ISKNausicaa

For me personally I want to know what uses the recon drone will have, I remember the feedback given when we first saw it and the general consensus was it was a bit useless.

Next up is the stalker cloak, I get the feeling that this one is going to be a bit tricky, will you be able to fire when cloaked? If so I think it may be perceived as borderline op with pistols like the com, underboss, trx1 repeater, and the nc desperado.

If you still have to come out of cloak to fire then it may be underpowered as you are running about with just a pistol after all.

This is assuming the stalker cloak visibility is the same as the other cloaks ofc (which it in all likelihood would)

Next up for me is the adrenalin pump, atm its a bit lackluster, as others before me have said it should have multiple levels to cert into, 1 - 10%, 2 - 15/20%

Now the stationary motion sensors, will they be visible like the ps1 motion sensors, will we be able to see them on radar and how long do they last
  3. Zinus

weps: We need moar scout rifles instead of bolt action snipers :(

tools: all seem useful and interesting, will be a tough call removing my darts for them though (which is a good thing!, all options seem valid and valuable)

cloack: more cloaks = more fun

bolt attachment: :eek:

adrenaline pump :eek: holy emp grenade, grenade bandolier has a serious competitor for my smg inf now
    • Up x 2
  4. Zinus

Stalker cloak + recon drone = ??? :D
  5. ISKNausicaa

Hehe that's true :)
  6. OldMaster80

New BASR: just make sure the nc does not cause so much damage to kill with 1 body shot.

New rcon tool: very interesting in particular if it cannot be seen on minimap.

Stalker: it's the Ps1 cloaking. This is going to be amazing, no other ways to say it.

Drone: meh. Maybe it will be cool for well organized teams but the point is: can be used while cloaked?

Most important: they must take the oportunity to fix our grenades!!!
    • Up x 1
  7. ISKNausicaa

Defo, they have been broken since release
  8. ZeroErrorz

where do you got the info ?

and i think more scout rifle would do for me
    maybe an 2-burst version will do (im looking at you an-94)
    about the damage ill say something between 334-250 will do for me
    also to make this thing a bit more "rifle" can we get a UBGL and UBSL for it, i dont mind for a s version
  9. Tenebrae Aeterna

NS Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle:

I really hope that this is a rifle geared around stealth; the most silent semi-auto sniper rifle even without adding on a suppressor. Adding that latter attachment will make it virtually silent, and provide us with a very lucrative stealth oriented rifle for those close quarters sniping engagements. If it's not based around stealth................I don't know if I'll care about it or not. It's NS...so it'll appeal to the 4th faction.

Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles:

I truly hope that these rifles are geared with a maximum range of 350m even if the Infantry rendering distance isn't increased just yet...prepare them for the future. As for their being faction flavored...I address this in the bolt-action faction specific thread on our forums. It's unlikely my idea will be taken...and while I have absolutely no idea what a VS sniper rifle with mobility means, I know it'll be nerfed judging from ZOE and our Magrider.

Recon Drone:

This is going to be a great tool for long ranged snipers who find themselves in a position where the battle has moved into a position they can't really assault, or just find themselves bored between waiting for the fight to enter into their kill zone. It's going to give us a method of helping our faction out further, thus fully fleshing this facet of the Infiltrator out. If C4 can be attached...oh boy.

Motion Sensor:

I have absolutely no interest in this device, it's just something else that WE have to worry about breaking OUR stealth. The fact that it has to remain stationary just makes it an experience farming device in my opinion...like how many currently use our darts. It'll have it's uses...I'm just a little meh about incorporating yet another intel device of this nature. It's just not very creative or lucrative, surely not as lucrative as the Recon Darts.

Stalker Cloaking:

Well, it'll be an interesting addition to our cloaking devices...but I don't believe it's going to be the infiltration oriented cloaking device we need for hacking and close quarters combat oriented assassinations. This requires mobility and this cloaking device requires patience...turning you into a coiled serpent waiting to strike rather than a stealthy predator skulking amongst the shadows of a base. If it runs off the same graphical effect that our current two cloaking devices use.................it's going to be extremely inconsistent and probably put onto the back burner by most Infiltrators in favor of Hunter.

Bolt Attachment:

Awesome, I hope it's a rail attachment.

Adrenaline Pump:

Awesome, CuteBeaver is bouncing with a giddy cackle, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to it, might be my primary suit slot depending upon how well it works and if they buff it or not.
  10. Zagareth

You won't hear any cloak sounds when you start cloakingat a point where no one hears you.
    And you'll be cloaked forever when you manage to rest and recharge on your way regulary.
    You only come out of the cloak, when you need to attack or interact with an object (hacking, entering vehicles, etc...), the the cloak sound will be heared.
    Infiltrators in PS1 with only wearing their 2nd gun were pretty impressive assassins and hackers. The use in PS2 will show if it is useful...
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

Like I said, I see it more ambush oriented...like a snake lying in wait for prey to waltz by. It's very unlikely that this cloaking device is going to permit much mobility...and with how easily people can spot us up close while cloaked, you're not likely to escape if you're spotted either...because it'll run out as you run.

Not saying it won't be useful, it's just not mobile.
  12. ISKNausicaa

I'm hoping that given we are not able to use rifles they might throw us a bone in reguards to stalker cloak length, at least the same as the hunter cloak, hopefully longer.

it'd be too much to hope for for less visibilty on this cloak compared to the others
  13. Tenebrae Aeterna

I honestly have no idea. Would be nice...but I have a feeling that they're setting it up specifically for a ambush oriented cloaking device and their main focus of balance is going to be in the nanite depletion while moving. This is partially to blame for why I came up with Banshee cloaking...

Need something more...consistent and reliable.
  14. VVereVVulf

Useless. You don't need a drone to realize what's happening around you.

Not sure about this one. It depends on what the "detailed informations" are

No perfect cloak? Useless.

Interesting. I wonder if there's any downside.

What? People use adrenaline pump?

As for the sniper rifles. They're very tricky to implement. Anything that doesn't ohk with a head shot I won't use. Anything that does more damage than the current bolt actions will be a direct upgrade.

I'd rather they'd add empire specific scout rifles instead of sniper rifles.
    • Up x 1
  15. John_Aitc

I believe the Recon Drone will still be able to carry an unlimited quantity of C-4. I predict that this ***** drone will become such a nuisance item so quickly, it will be the first thing nerfed. If people thought a Wraith Flash was bad, wait until they see a recon drone with a platoon's worth of C-4 piled on it.

I will cert into it immediately so I can enjoy the havoc and chaos. I was late in creating a Vulcan-Harasser so don't want to miss out on the next fun torture device. At least all factions will have this.
  16. LordDethir

Really wish we could a few more CQC scout rifles (ASR Is nice but only as ambush wep) Like more close quarter weapons that suck at long range but are awesome up close (like smgs but weaker as in only works if you use them right) Like stalker paired with commisioner as you can kill fast but still remain hidden.

Truthfully we need more CQC weapons. we have 5 weapons that can fit that role and 2 (SRs) Barely even fit in that standard and the other 3 are smgs that all classes can use. The rest of the weps are sniper rifles. We need more CQC ambush weapons that we can use and do what we are supposed to do INFILTRATE.
    • Up x 1
  17. Tenebrae Aeterna

I think that the reason they're going with bolt-action rifles is because they already worked up the models. They were tweeted a while back along with questions about what the names should be. Then, they changed the system...and I think they're trying to figure out how to use the models.

They're blatantly bolt-action rifles...the NC's looks like a actual railgun.
  18. Amouris

While I will both enjoy and use the motion sensor, we really need tools to hide our selves not more ways to reveal us. Any chance of a radar jamming tool or suit slot, or at the very least something to indicate when we are appearing as a dot on the minimap?
    Personally I'm happy and concerned with Stalker cloak. While I enjoy the fact that the game designers are looking at other play styles for an infiltrator I feel that some key features of Stalker cloak will end up relegating it a toy and not a tool.
    • One such features is the recharge mechanic. Having the cloak recharge while stationary is a good idea, however I think we will run into problems of an excess of downtime in terms of movement while waiting for the cloak to recharge. I'd be interested to see how the cloak would function if while crouch walking there was no energy drain, so you could retain a very slow movement speed even at low levels of energy.
    • Visibility is another element I'm concerned with, it is possible the nature of the current hunter cloak is to blame for this. It simply does not seem like the visual cloaking effect is that great at hiding your avatar while stationary. I'd suggest decreasing the visibility of an infil who is using stalker cloak and stationary.
    • Furthermore using the current stationary visibility for when the infil is moving slowly would put another element of risk vs reward in for both the infil and the hunter. Gives moments of tension that could really make an infil a psychological game as well. "Can I get away with moving a bit here in front of these guys or do I need to stay perfectly still?", or for the infil hunter "Is that infil here invisible or did he move on, do I wait for him to make a mistake or do I continue searching?"
  19. BloodyPuma

Do you have a link perhaps ? Would be great.
  20. KnightCole

How fast is Adrenaline pump going to be? dudes going to berunning around like Hammie from over the hedge after taking an energy drink?

Stalker cloak is going ot be annoyingly OP. Infils sitting afk in a base and you stop for a second...Commisioner to the brain bucket...cloak.....and it never runs out......so infils will be perma invis now. Ugh.