[Suggestion] Infil thoughts & suggestions(?)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NKotegU, Mar 31, 2015.

1. NKotegU

I've been playing planetside 2 for quite a long time right now and I've come to see things I consider are quite unfair. For all of those who read this post, pls bare in mind is just a personal opinion.

Thoughts:

1st of all, infiltrator (common sniper build: long range sniper rifle) is supposed to be able to take down enemies at long distances right? So, what's the point of shooting from 250m+ if some of the sniper rifles cant take down your target even with a headshot? (tested out and not even a foe sniper dies to headshot)

2nd: Damn! Do something to heavy assaults pls >_<" Not being able to kill a heavy assault trooper landing 2 shots on them really pisses me off coz sometimes I have to land 3 if they dont activate their shield, and if they do, 4. That's just too much for a bolt rifle xDD (Must say gauss spr should makemakes it with 5-8 shots depending on shield). People may say: EMP nade'em and they are done, to this people there's just only one thing I can say: "do you really think Imma nade anyone at 200m+?".

3rd: About cloaking. I've read some posts about this topic before and I must say the normal cloak for sniper is a bit ******. It doesnt matter if you are standing still, croaching, frozen, moving. I've come to learn anyway can see you using this cloak. This isn't really a complaint, not being able to beeing seen at all would just be OP.

Suggestions(?):

Well, dreaming is free so here we go xD (must say I haven't read anything about infil's suggestions before, these ones might've been suggested before).

• would it be too much to ask rising a lil bit bolt rifles' dmg at longer ranges? I've come to test at medium distances some other weapons (specially heavy assault ones) can snipe better than infil's weapons.
    • The other day I was testing out some secondary weapons (wanted to change my mag-shot as I consider it to be almost the worst secondary weapon ingame) and I came across the crossbow. While checking them I found the "munition" rune would be nice to have with bolt rifles. For example: piercing bullets that can cause higher dmg to light vehicles and pierce through heavy assault shields or all classes in general (remember its just an example). Another one would be explosive rounds that would be really similar to the crossbow munition one.
    • As I said, the cloak thing is not really a complaint but would be nice to improve infil's cloaking a tiny li'l bit.
    • A lot has been said about the decoy nades too and it would be awesome to have a useful decoy nade (dont know anyone who uses it, at this moment decoy is almost useless compared to EMP).
  2. Vivicector

Things you are writing are debatable, but I want to warn you about sniper rifles. They have different range profiles, trading fire rate for effective OHK headshot range, with the most powerful variant killing enemies on 300m in one headshot. Also, heavies die to 2 bodyshots, 3 bodyshots from higher distance and against nanoweave armour. As any other class. Shield help them, ofk.
  3. Jawarisin

what the guy above said. Also, to be honest, if you're sniping from 250m away, odds are you're not really usefull and could be more productive. But then again, if you like doing it, go for it.
  4. MisterSlim

I recommend you check out the guide linked in my signature, it may help you out a bit. In regards to the cloak, I recommend a max-rank Nano Armor Cloak for long range sniping. It helps to slim the chances of being noticed after taking a stray round, teaches to shorten the between-shot downtime, and allows you to survive a Tier 3 sniper rifle round to the head. Your mobility should also take priority to your stealthiness most of the time. Rather than have the enemy think "Where did that shot come from?", try to make them think "Where will the next shot come from?".

In terms of adding varieties of ammunition, I have no qualms with that, and would support it 100%. As a competitive long-range shooter IRL, I understand fully how vital it is to choose the right ammunition for the job. I think that would add some immersion, and make things a bit more interesting.

-Stay Fr0sty