[Suggestion] Infantry Resource Charged on Use

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deezy, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Deezy

I suggest that when you resupply a loadout with a consumable (c4, mines, grenades, medkits, etc), the cost of the item be automatically debited from your Infantry Resource pool. I find it a bit cumbersome to have to "restock" my consumable pool every time. If you don't have enough resources, you simply get a message that tells you that you don't have enough resources for the selected consumable and are not equipped w/ that consumable on that resupply.

It would work similar to the way it currently does, as in you won't be able to "spam" grenades or c4. You will still only get a set amount of consumbales (1 grenade, 2 mines, etc) when you resupply at a terminal. However, you won't have to take the extra steps to go to each different class to restock your consumables. I use medic, engineer, and HA, for example, so I constantly have to manually resupply revive grenades, frag grenades, mines, and anti tank grenades.
  2. Darlith

Only real issue I can see with this is that with the current system it's easy to save some infantry resources aside for pulling say a max suit, with that change it would be easy in a meatgrinder to accidently use them all up since every loadout pretty much has at least 1 consumable.

Also under the current method of gaining resources it can be nice to use them up stockpiling items when you aren't in a situation where you keep respawning constantly.