Infantry on radar.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptCran, Dec 15, 2017.

1. CaptCran

Is there a way to incorporate in the HUD an idiot light that flashes when there is anything in the vicinity that has infantry detection radar. It's annoying creeping along and then have the enemy just whip around with their darklight blazing and toast the #$@! out of you....
  2. FateJH

If you were really moving around at "creeping" speed, it wasn't the radar that spotted you.
    What you're looking for is called Sensor Shield.
    • Up x 1
  3. adamts01

Maybe they heard you uncloak (loud as ****), or heard your footsteps? Any time you're not crouching you can be picked up by movement sensors, even one on an ESF/Valk 200m away. Sensor shield is incredible, it drops your detection range down to 15m.
    • Up x 1
  4. Eternaloptimist

Plus, experienced players or those with high spec computers can be super-aware of cloak distortion or the fact that an infil is in the area because of a recent kill, an unsuppressed shot, an AI mine they've seen or a call out from an ally. They also tend to be aware of the favourite hiding places used by infils and will scan their area regularly.
  5. Insignus

Well, there is a form of that currently. If you here anything like the noise in the following videos, it means there's a Valk in the area. If you see a little dome on top, it's got Scout Radar, which means that its team-mates in the hex can see you if the Valk is within 200m or so of your position. ESFs also have scout radar, but they fly it more for personal usage, whereas the Valk is more likely to orbit a point and maintain coverage. Some flashes/harassers also run SR on occasion.

What a valk sounds like:

What I actually see:

Note the "tick" update that periodically pulses and updates.

As for Darts/Spotters, I believe those show up periodically on your mini-map
    • Up x 1
  6. Prudentia

motion spotters already display as soon as they detect you... which is kinda annoying with sensor shield cause then you know exactly when you moved too close, but never when to avoid an area.