[Guide] Infantry Launcher Damages Vs Vehicles

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Bubbalicious, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Bubbalicious

Here are the latest results of VR testing for the Infantry Missile Launchers, Enjoy.

Below denotes the amount of Infantry Missiles required to kill each of the following vehicles:
    Rear/Side/Front

Main Battle Tank*
    2/5/6 = Decimator Launcher (4 missiles per load out)
    2/6/6 = S1 Launcher
    2/5/6 = Phoenix (5 missiles per load out)
    3/7/7 = Hades Launcher
    3/9/10 = Annihilator Launcher
    7/18/20 = T2 Striker (20 missiles per load out / 5 Per Clip)
    7/17/22 = Lancer (24 missiles per load out / 6 Per Clip)

Lighting Tank*
    2/3/4 = Decimator Launcher (4 missiles per load out)
    2/4/4 = S1 Launcher
    2/4/5 = Hades Launcher
    2/4/4 = Phoenix (5 missiles per load out)
    3/5/6 = Annihilator Launcher (5 missiles per load out)
    6/12/14 = T2 Striker (20 missiles per load out / 5 Per Clip)
    6/12/14 = Lancer (24 missiles per load out / 6 Per Clip)

Sunderer
    All sides 5 = Decimator Launcher (4 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 6 = S1 Launcher
    All Sides 5 = Hades Launcher
    All Sides 5 = Phoenix (5 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 7 = Annihilator Launcher (5 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 16 = T2 Striker (20 missiles per load out / 5 Per Clip)
    All Sides 16 = Lancer (24 missiles per load out / 6 Per Clip)

Flash
    All Sides 1 = All Launchers
    All Sides 1 = Phoenix (5 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 2 = T2 Striker (20 missiles per load out / 5 Per Clip)
    All Sides 3 = Lancer (24 missiles per load out / 6 Per Clip)

Liberator
    All sides 2 = Decimator Launcher (4 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 3 = S1 Launcher
    All Sides 7 = Phoenix (5 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 8 = Nemesis Launcher
    All Sides 10 = Annihilator Launcher (5 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 23 = T2 Striker (20 missiles per load out / 5 Per Clip)
    All Sides 21 = Lancer (24 missiles per load out / 6 Per Clip)

ESF
    All sides 1 = Decimator Launcher (4 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 1 = S1 Launcher
    All Sides 2 = Phoenix (5 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 3 = Nemesis Launcher
    All Sides 4 = Annihilator Launcher (5 missiles per load out)
    All Sides 8 = T2 Striker (20 missiles per load out / 5 Per Clip)
    All Sides 8 = Lancer (24 missiles per load out / 6 Per Clip)

Galaxy – Omitted from Test
    • Up x 1
  2. Tar

It takes 2 Annihilator shots to ignite an ESF, 4 to kill is absurd.
  3. Comptonunhh

Many of these are incorrect, you should double check them, i know the phoenix sets an esf on fire with 2 shots and kills with 3 when i shoot them. And so far its been 6 side shots to pop a tank. Im sure theres a few other errors but servers are down so i cant confirm yet.
  4. Makami

More inconsistencies: your main battle tank statistics do not include the fact that the Vanguard has more armor than the Magrider and Prowler.
  5. Ganjis

Only on the front and I believe it makes no difference on shots to kill with some launchers, though reduces shots to set on fire.
  6. Comptonunhh

Good to know the NC got shafted on that front as well as getting a ESRL that cant be used as intended
  7. Frosty The Pyro

actualy it makes a difference with all launchers, and they have improved side armor as of GU2, with their side armor being equivilent of other tanks front armor (55%)

MBT prowler/mag 4000 base health
    8,888 Effective health front
    8,000 effective health side/top
    3,333 effective health rear
    10,000 effective health upgrade

Vanguard 4000 base health
    10,667 effective health front
    8,888 effective health side/top
    3,333 effective health rear
    12,308 effective health front upgraded
    11,429 effective health side/top upgraded

Sundy 4750 base health
    8,636 effective health all sides

Lightning 3000 health base
    6,667 effective health front
    5,454 effectiveh health side/top
    3,000 effective health rear
    8,571 effective health front upgraded
    7,500 effective health side upgraded
    6,667 effective health top upgraded

ESF 1750 base health
    1750 effective health *

Lib 4000 base health
    4000 effective health *

* Air vehicles recive an extra 50% resitance to guided munitions

AV weapons
    RL
    Decimator 2000 damage, 4 ammo (8000 damage)
    Stock rocket 1700 damage, 5 ammo (8500 damage)
    G2A & G2G 1500 damage, 5 ammo (7500 damage)
    Anihilator 1150 damage (or 1050 I cant remember), 5 rockets (5750 or 5250)

I do not have adiquite information on the ESL yet to include them

AV turret
    2000 damage, unlimited ammo, special bonus vs sunderers (havnt pegged downt he bonuses exact value but its between 7 and 44%)

MAX
    Falcon 750 per arm
    Commet 550 per arm
    Pounder 375x2 per arm

you can caluclate hits to kill from this information.
  8. Mekhazzio

Lancer is 300 damage at first charge, 1500 damage at full charge. Presumably 750 at middle charge but I haven't tested that level enough to be certain. 24 ammo per stock loadout, so from 7200 to 12000 damage total. Unlike every other AV weapon, it has damage dropoff over range, but it starts relatively far out (100m-ish) and I haven't measured the curve yet.
  9. Ganjis

Only VS weapon scientists would come up with an "AV sniper" that has CoF, a 1X zoom, spread multiple projectiles and damage drop off. Back to good old rockets methinks.
  10. Mekhazzio

It never did multiple projectiles, that was just a graphical effect. Easy to test, and a moot point now that it has a single 'photon torpedo' graphic. I think people were confusing the damage dropoff for multi-shot shenanigans.

Personally, I consider the Lancer to be a straight upgrade to the Hades. The Hades potentially does better damage past 100m, but its hit rate is so poor and it's so easy for targets to avoid that the Lancer is still far more effective despite dealing less damage. A Prowler could just straddle a tiny rock and render themselves completely immune to lock-on fire. The Lancer is pretty much 'if you can see it, you can hit it'...or rather, it will be, once the promised COF tightening goes in.
  11. Bubbalicious

Actually test the results yourself in the VR. I do love however people who keep posting old health stats and try to debunk results that each player can achieve and verify against the OP list with a simple 2 minute test in the associated VR.

Do the test yourself and see the results. Naturally some of the weapons can vary depending on the way you "Charge: the weapons but we are looking for best case here.

While in the VR on NC try moving out to the back of the map and hide behind a large mountain and practice driving Phoenix missile around the mountain and hitting vehicles. I do note that hitting NPC's in the VR with launchers did not seem to have any effect unless it was from splash damage. Will have to see how this pans out in the game Vs VR.

Bottom line, if you see any Tank class shoot it from behind with any launcher easy kill.
  12. Bubbalicious

Here is a video I found showing a group using the TR striker in action. While this one has a lock on warning just imagine this with the NC Phoenix. Looks like some fun times.

13. bobby_m

Yep - lancer needs updating.
    You need 2 full charges to the back of a lightning, but if you use those 6 shots in singles, you're not even down to half, me thinks. Drop off of the lancer is sad though. My test: Liberator at point blank: 7 2/3 shot (so 7 full, 1 level 2 charge). At 320m you need 10 full charges to get it deeeep into red burning (about a second alive).

Thank you for all the work though! It is much appreciated, when people try to compile this kind of data. It is really hard, when they don't publish the numbers :\. I'd love to have drop off curves, HP values and armour values as well as their effect.