Infantry Armor/Health

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexanor, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Alexanor

I have a fairly general question:

Do infantry all have the same health and shield strength, and/or do any classes have any damage reduction through armor? i.e. does HA take less damage per shot than LA? What is the exact health amounts, etc.?

Thanks.
  2. HerpTheDerp

IIRC only the Infiltrator has actually less health(400/400?)

Everyone else is identical.
  3. Alexanor

4. Morpholine

All classes save infiltrator (and Maxes, but they're kind of a vehicle-infantry hybrid anyway) have the same health, shield levels, and damage taken, with no certifications used. Infiltrators have (very slightly) less armor.
  5. Frosty The Pyro

From what i have gathered HA have 600/500 sheilds healths, infiltrators have 400/500, everyone else has 500/500. Except maxes which just have a lot of health.
  6. Xind

HA has more shields? I didn't know that.
  7. Frosty The Pyro

I could be wrong (its happened before), but I have heard 600/500 enouph times, and it seams specific enouph, that i think its right.
  8. Morpholine

FWIW: Nanoweave 4 (or whatever the level just shy of max certification is) allows my HA to survive a bolt-action head shot with ~3 ticks of health remaining.
  9. Th3 R34v3r

The Heavy can unlock an special that mitigates a percentage of damage and his overshield can grant a very significant temporary boost to effective HP and all classes can unlock an nanoweave armour that can grant up to 25% more HP above the base or a different armour that shortens the delay before shields start to regen.

Personally, I think a battle medic with maxed nanoweve armour might have the highest effective HP due to his AOE heal but I don't know where to look up the specific numbers.

Of course my favorite upgrade bar none is the adrenaline pump on Light Assault because if you're not there they can't hit you.
  10. Littleman

As far as I know, Infiltrators have 400 shields, 500 health. Everyone else is 500/500. This is just what I've been told, as it's all conjecture based on the numbers found on the data sheet vs. # of rounds to kill. One will note all automatics start off with damage equal to 1000 / # of rounds to kill rounded up to the nearest whole point. 7 cycler/pulsar rounds = 1001 damage, 6 gauss = 1002 on average (gun statistics may vary.) When one mentions "tiers" in terms of damage, that's the next point in the equation. 125 = 8 bullets. 112 = 9 bullets, etc.

HA are made artificially tougher through their power shields. That bulky armor is mostly just for show unfortunately. I'd personally had rather HA simply have 600/600 so I don't have to bore through their shield, but alternatively that shield has to recharge between uses so the next guy isn't so screwed over. Maybe if SOE ever does away with the class system and just goes with a light/medium/heavy setup we'll see some variation. It should be noted heavies move slower with their shields up, almost as if an intentional throw back to PS1's rexo.

Medics effectively get an extra round worth of life popping their AOE heal. 1 or 2 points of damage is very easily covered. Rank 5 nanoweave brings health up to 625. It will always amount to one extra round <@10m regardless of rank, but on top of the AoE regen, a medic might be able to pull off an additional round of life. Over greater distances, even as short as 15m, where higher ranks of nanoweave compound the damage fall off over distance every automatic experiences, the chances of working in an extra round of life grow almost exponentially considering the additional factor of the assailant's accuracy. In short, medics and HA are the sturdiest bastards in the field in their own ways.

As for Morpholine. If what he said is true and he wasn't using his shield, either yes, HA have more effective health, or sniper rifles only deal about 1.35x damage on head shots.

Average bolt action rifle does 750 damage. His effective HP should be 1100 with NW4. 600 actual health, 20 bars = 30 hp to a bar. 750*1.35 = 1012.75 (we'll round that.) Life after successful headshot: 1100 - 1013 = 87. Not going to say my numbers are entirely accurate. Using that number, that would mean NW rank 1 is good enough to survive a head shot. Haven't heard any claims as to that being the case.
  11. Morpholine

Situation: Defending the crown, on the east cliff, spamming Lasher orbs at the enemy swarm for mad assist xp (and the general slaughter of my enemy).

Single shot hits me, drops me to ~3 bars of health. I'm assuming it's a sniper shot, as they've been dropping friendlies all around me, and vehicle participation is nonexistant.

I have resist shield maxed, but it was off, and nanoweave up to (but short of) the 1000 cert level.

It's happened enough times that I'm confident it is repeatable.

I have heard nanoweave 1 is good enough to (barely) survive a head shot.
  12. Frosty The Pyro

the headshot multiplier is somewhere between 1.5 and 2x acording to the infiltrators forum, however there is damage fall off at range, which is where i suspect the "I survived a bolt action headshot" comes from.
  13. Morpholine

That may be the case. Any sniper would have to have been 100 meters + out.
  14. Littleman

This. I know the datasheet isn't 100% conclusive, as I suspect the numbers may have had to been punched in manually for that online document, but there is no indication of sniper rifles losing damage over distance. I'd think SOE would put in enjoyable and compensatory mechanics, like wind blowing the bullet off center (probably with the addition of weather?) Snipers can learn to work with that. Lower damage is just lower damage, one can't fix that with better aim.
  15. TheEvilBlight

The sheets are fairly accurate when it comes to raw damage values, but I suspect the @ 10m @85 m stuff is empirical. What's in the .pack files is a txt file that lists weaponID and some damage parameters, along with magazine size, quick and slow reload speeds and some COF properties.
  16. Frosty The Pyro

17. Morpholine

His opening post exactly describes what I experience while eating sniper shots as HA. (It's extremely rare for me to be head-shot at ranges less than 10 meters.)

So it appears it's 500/500 un-certed, for everyone except infiltrators.

Also, that 1 cert point into nanoweave 1 can literally be a life saver. Bargain basement prices, y'all.
  18. Alexanor

Thanks guys. Very helpful!