inf bow possiblity

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by foxin_gs3, Jun 4, 2015.

1. foxin_gs3

all 3 faction need a bow for inful dif pull reles dosee dif damg full pull tacks 2 hit to kill head shot one hit full pull 2 hit body hafe 4 hit
  2. CuteBeaver

I agree with you that the current hunter crossbow feels unrewarding with regards to headshots.

A full out "bow" would be interesting. The problem is silenced sniper rifles already fill this void (as far as primary weapons go.) A bow would require the animations of placing each arrow. Honestly I like the idea because arrows themselves could have more faction flavor. So essentially Daybreak could design an NS bow, and then just offer up faction flavored arrows + the standard basic ones. Very easy solution to keep us all busy and get some extra money.

What I love about the crossbow is the drop. (Lets be honest the projectile velocity sucks.) However that drop is fun to master and I think it defines the weapon type. Learning to use the explosive bolts attachment changes the feel of the crossbow entirely because of the change in drop. This is great because its like owning two crossbows for the price of one.

So what would separate bows from crossbows?

Personally I think it should come down to how the player interacts with the string and arrow. When you fire the crossbow, you just "click" and that's it. However with a bow you could "power" up the shot. Trading time holding down the string for faster projectile velocity. This would make a bow more appealing for longer range work. A more hands on approach would be kinda fun for the player as well. It would allow you to master the timing of pulling the string with different drops and velocities. I would not make this a primary weapon because the time it takes to actually place an arrow, pull the string to lead someone really places it in the lower overall time to kill zone by default. Then again it may be too big for a secondary.

I'm not sure on your numbers but I really like the overall concept and idea of the weapon type and I think it would be pretty fun to have a high tech bow that allowed for people to shoot with more control of the projectile itself.
    • Up x 1
  3. Leivve

Bows are balanced around CQC and precision medium-long range while being silent as a bonus.
    Multiple fire modes that trade power for rapid fire so unlike a bolt action sniper it is still powerful even when not at it's intended ranges. (jack of all trades compared to snipers)
    Different arrows for different functions, like one might reload faster, while another does little damage, but ignores your shield and HA overshield.

If I was making the bow, I would just make it the pinnacle of versatility and adaptability.
    • Up x 1
  4. foxin_gs3

bow are ezto use there notas hard as u say if there made rong in a game tyen there hard to use if there made riht there like any other wepion but a biuns to inf full

sorry for spelling using vita there not ment to take on an army but to take out pissic targets at a supiort item/wepion u need to be carful rember ur an infull u need stealth and suprise on ur side if u are to use this wepion plus if this wepion is made im shere ppl will find other was to use it in a full fruntl assalut
  5. Navron

Wait...what? You could read that?
  6. MisterSlim

The reason I use sniper rifles in video games: I spend hours upon hours around long range ('sniper', if you want to use the media term) rifles, whether it be for competition, hunting (moreso just large pest control), or just fun. I pick up long range rifles in games because I feel more comfortable with them than with other weapons.

The reason I do not use bows in video games (that have a rifle option) : I have tried my hand at archery, twice. I have failed MISERABLY, twice. (My fiance being amazing at it was the only reason I even tried the second time xD).

Normally I like to offer relatively unbiased thoughts on others' suggestions. But for this, I just can't shake the bias. This is probably one of the only, if not the only, weapon I can't see myself ever using if it were added.

Just my two cents, albeit this time, it was far from helpful (If 100% of my posts were helpful, I'd be known as 'that one guy who helps people' on Forumside, and that simply wouldn't stand!) xD

-Stay Frosty
  7. foxin_gs3

my idea was for thous who possible want to do some thing dif like me it a all ternitve use of inful u dont have to use them i just sug a new wepion for the inful to make that clasz feal more completed i would pay to use a bow im good with a sniper but i lov bows it take a lota skill to us on in game on pc maybe hard but ps4 it ez er to use and well with pratic makes perfit right im just tyrd of using snipers for inful i and some other ppl would like to see this happen it a geat idea give the inful a new perspective no one has to use it if they dont want to it you choice
  8. foxin_gs3

compound bow for nc vanu get a bow that laz arrows and tr get a miltary bow and ns bow to :D any bow would be nice