Indescriminate fire will not be tolerated...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Unadude, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Unadude

I got this silly message....it was not me firing indiscriminately.....it's dumb people on my team running in front
    of my weapon fire...

I came around a corner as a Heavy, and a Light was firing at a Max about 100 feet away near the
    corner of a building..I aimed and set off a couple of shots myself and the Max ducked behind
    the building. The Light through a grenade and kept his aim so I figured I'd help him out and kept my aim..
    sure enough the Max came back around the corner and I setup 4 shots with my Gauss S and the Light also fired and one of our own guys just ran across our fire like we were not even there...

Yeah, the Max went down but my own guy got shot in the head by my Guess S.

And immediately got the message flashed about Indiscriminate Fire.....like..it was indiscriminate...

I checked my kill board and the person I shot was not even on there....just damaged him.

Last night I got some messages too.....it's to the point where I log in and I don't want to fire at anyone..
    woopeee..fun for all.

Now, I did see earlier one of my own guys, on my kill board, got killed by one of my Bouncing Bettys (I'm NC).
    How does one of my own guys get killed by a Bouncing Betty? Did he shoot at it? Were there referring to that??? I dunno.
  2. tijolo

Either you're in a bad position in which friendlies get in front of you or you've just encountered several bad players. Either way, you have to readjust, this is all about you buddy.

About the betty, a friendly could have been around the betty when an enemy passed nearby and activated it or it just got damaged. But in case of damage I guess whoever damaged it would get the kill.
  3. Unadude

It's possible they were yelling at me because of something dumb I did 24 hours earlier.

But, they yelled at me then, too. Why would they wait 24 hours to yell at me again?

It's not easy to tell the Extra Ammo pack from the Tank Mines especially when you are playing in a hurry and
    trying to help the most people as quickly as you can

I am not sure if SOE people sat around a table one afternoon, sipping coffee, asking just how difficult can we design it
    so they won't be able to tell these two items apart. Well, they did a hell of a job. It's not just me, my wife plays on PS4 and she says she is always throwing down Extra Ammo thinking it's Tank Mines and it is confusing.

Anyhoo, I was fighting on some level of some floor in some building and we had some bad guys coming at us and I decided to throw down some extra ammo but through down tank mines by mistake. I did not really think anything of it I just switched back to extra ammo and left the tank mines there.

Well, later on I guess the bad guys came back and I guess a Max ran over the tank mine and it blew him up and 5 of my own guys, and other tank mine blew up someone else and 3 of my own guys.

When I got the nasty message from the OPS I was clueless of what they were talking about until later I went in and looked at my killboard and saw where I killed 8 of my own guys with 2 tank mines. I assumed it was the tank mines I accidentally threw down.

I am stopping and taking an extra few seconds now (that many times really don't have) to make sure I am throwing down the right item and I guess if this happens again I need to figure out how to un-throw down the tank mines. You think they would write the words AMMO or TANK MINES on these items so we can easier tell what they are.

Sorry to my guys I blew up. Wasn't my intention!
  4. Navron

I was in a bad mood until I read this post. Thank you.
  5. Unadude

You're welcome :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I just don't want to get on anyone's bad side here. Especially the powers that be.