Indar Warpgates Need To Rotate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kitlo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Tailhook

YAY! Central position on Indar!
  2. DeadLamb

yeah on Connery the TR hold Indar in such a lock that I have only had to fight near the lower NC warp gate once..

I'm not sure a warp gate move is going to help the fight on Esamir or Amerish on the server or not.. The VS seem to hold Esamir to the point of keeping 60-80% pop over there, even when they own the continent. Amerish might as well be called "ghost cap land" for the level of fighting I've run into over there. NC tend to hold it and only put up a fight when one gets close to locking it down..

To be fair, this is of course based off logging in around 8-9pm west coast time so for all know it's compleatly different at say 5pm.

still, should be interesting to see.. throw in the new bonus based off map population vs world pop and it might keep things feeling a little new for a while. That being said, if they keep rotating them it should only be every month or every couple of weeks, IMO.
  3. Revanmug

Never been in beta hein? They simply switch the allegiance of the each warpgate and nothing else.

Now, I'm wondering how long it will take before, like in beta, we get mass forum spam that NC is OP and VS UP.
    And maybe this time, Devs will really get the message that the South-East section of Indar is just the worst section of map they ever made. Cool design but horrible for a faction stuck there.
    • Up x 1
  4. HvcTerr

What? VS was in the south-east canyons on the server I ended up on...
    • Up x 1
  5. ScrapyardBob

Not sure how you'd fix SE Indar, other then adding more bridges connecting the tops of the bluffs which would make it more of a maze (and somewhat more amazing).

The per-continent XP boosts, however, will hopefully mean that you see more balanced populations and more people sticking around to do hit-and-run tactics on the zerg. On Mattherson, Indar is almost always balanced, maybe tipping to 40% of a particular faction at times but rarely is any of the three factions below 15-20%. Esamir is typically a 2-way battle between two factions attempting to take it (usually TR or NC) and Amerish is almost always dominated by the NC.

I just hope they make the continent bonuses *meaningful* enough to encourage people to go fight against 2:1 or 4:1 odds.
  6. Stewart

Yeah in Beta anyone in the SE on Indar could never take the Continent for some reason that WG is just a bad location. NC was in the SW they had the map all the time.
  7. FuzzMD

Yeah, and Matherson is the exception. NC is getting rolled on every other server. Seems like the only reason NC on Matherson do well is because they have a slightly higher percentage of the pop than other servers (who average <30%) and they have GOON, which seems to run a lot of big ops and go toe to toe with TEST and The Enclave and hold their own. Those are literally the ONLY reasons NC does pretty well on Matherson.

See also: The fact that they spend like 90% of heir time warpgated on Indar because of its horrible layout.
  8. Fireborn

This is interesting.

VS on Indar will now have the only tech plant that is threatened across map-thirds, due to Regent Rock's absurd hex coverage. Though, this will likely just mean that much more Vanu Air.
  9. Davelantor

While i like to get back to rat maze back

Why **** with us NOW ?
    Warp gate rotations will just disconnect players from the game further.

Why bother fighting or calling a place home when SOE just tries their best to make the game as stupidly easy as possible ?
  10. Revanmug

I wouldn't fix because it would require a total remake of the south section of Indar. Nah, it's best to just use warpgate rotation more often until we get 1-2 more continent and change the meta about it. Have 3 continent as homeworld and link them to the other continent with capturable warpgate.

That section of the map will still be ****** up but at least, the faction having the waprgate link to it ain't force to actually go through. If they do, they might do with enough force to push out those horrible canyons. It might also not be a 3 way fight which would help greatly.
  11. Accuser

It would help if there were a back way up onto the cliffs, or elevators, within the SouthWest Warpgate "no go" zone. That would allow SouthWest AA and tanks to get up on the cliffs and establish defensive positions.

There's no meta-game, people who play a lot are getting bored of taking the same bases over and over in the exact same way every time. Rotating warpgates will help to keep things a little more fresh with no development costs required.
    • Up x 1
  12. HvcTerr

Oooh! Jump-pads!
  13. Haya jii san

Again with the "vanu = best" $%^&* ... rly. TR is so overpopulated that every region pretty much resembles a swamp from all the mosquitoes flying over it. If you like the faction then roll a toon and get over it. This starts getting annoying. If they were that bad, they wouldn't outnumber us 3 to 2 every time.

On a sidenote, i think the rotation idea is just great. Good job :)
  14. JibbaJabba

Objectively...

There are 4 corners to a continent. There are three factions. In some cases terrain can help but the fact remains: One faction on a continent is going to get screwed by virtue of being between the other two factions while also being furthest from the unclaimed fourth corner.

Currently one faction is screwed on all three continents. I'm not sure how things ended up this way but I'm glad to see it change. Better balance is better gameplay for all three factions.
  15. EWarren

If the rotation map goes live:
    Good for the NC - northern Indar is a pleasure to fly. Might actually see more people in the flying boxes.
    VS gets the shaft with the SE Canyons. This is almost a hidden nerf to Magrider's mobility.
    TR gets to fight over Tawrich with the VS - that is going to be refreshing. Taking the backroads to cap Spec Ops and overlooking the Tawrich valley is going to be fun.

Air battle over Tawrich on a daily basis for sure.
  16. HoriZon357

That's a great start (temporary fix to a static monotony) to what could be a new beginning for Planetside, next would be WP connections to other conts that are neutral, where the real war may being, and guaranteed sanctuary is a thing of the past. Let the real war begin, VIVA THE RESISTONCE!
  17. NuGundam

Well, it will be nice to finally see what the TR side of Indar looks like.

Taking Indar on a full server is practically impossible.

I look forward to the VS finally finding out what it feels like to have Tawrich CONSTANTLY taken because it is so close to the other warpgate.
  18. NinjaPirate

To those wondering, the VS held the north Warpgate on indar originally, back in tech test, then they started switching around gates to test how each faction performed in each one, besides the obvious fact that whoever controlled the north had a massive advantage they came to the conclusion that the SE Warpgate pretty much entirely negated any mobility advantage the VS had, so they put them on the SW Warpgate during the later Testing stages while allowing the NC into all the narrow Chokepoints of the SE Warpgate where they Were Supposed to use their superior Front armor, but yeah, it is quite obvious that the SE is just not a good place to be, regardless of faction.

Hopefully this will be a breath of fresh air for people, but it still wont fix the game.
    • Up x 1
  19. MGP

Waaah! Indar rotating the wrong way. I was hoping to get the SE warpgate!
  20. Deschain

#!

At 29:04 see Map.