Indar Warpgates Need To Rotate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kitlo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. KAHR-Alpha

Which is a shame really, Amerish got a lot of interesting bases, but moving around is a massive PITA, hopefully the patch will also solve this if the XP and resource bonuses are continent based.
    • Up x 1
  2. fish998

TBH I've barely been up there. I just want to fight somewhere new.
  3. Dumblediner

[IMG]
    NC strong now.
    • Up x 1
  4. forkyar

5. Tigga

Bah, I wanted VS on the north side of Indar so that they could see how much of a pain Quartz ridge is!

IMO once somebody conquers a continent it should be locked for a period of time, and when it unlocks all ground should be neutral and the warpgates randomised. Ideally we'd have "home continents", but until then rotation is good.
  6. Calisai

VS had north Indar during Tech test. As a tanker I already know how annoying the north is. Lots of land to take quickly, or lose quickly and an annoying trench in the middle.

I'm just glad for the shake-up of the fights. It will at least keep things a bit more interesting until meta-game is introduced.
  7. Pinchy

ALL warpgates need to rotate.
  8. Eyeklops

Yea, but we won't be able to farm Allatum/Ti anymore, kind of a trade off.
  9. Citizen H

Yes, the territory west of the northern Warpgate is pretty hard for anyone based out of that Warpgate to get to. That giant canyon means all armor has to go waaay up north through a little chokepoint. I'll wager after the rotation TR will have control of Dahaka more often than they do now. And Saurva is the only biolab with an external capture point(at least it is before the patch). If you take the territory around it, all you need is to hold 'D' and you can capture it without even setting foot inside. I predict some not so fun times for the already small NC pop on Mattherson.
    • Up x 1
  10. ScrapyardBob

Even if this is only a band-aid until the 6-month plan is complete, it's very needed in order to freshen up the continents.

(Maybe instead of a fixed rotation direction per continent, you should switch it so that 2 of the 3 gates randomly swap places on whatever schedule you're using.)
  11. ScrapyardBob

But until we get a better "meta" game design with regards to locking territories / continents and being able to come at the continent from different warp-gates, it's a good stop-gap measure to keep the maps fresher without changing teams. Even if it makes no sense in the long-term, there's nothing stopping SOE from not rotating the gates down the road.

So it's a necessary short-term fix to spice up the current stalemates on most continents. (The per-continent XP boosts might also liven things up.)
  12. LewZephyr

Good things to come... keep up the work.

Now the big question is:

"What will prompt the rotation? Is this a weekly thing? or on Continent Lock, per continent?"

Thanks.
    • Up x 3
  13. Alrikster

Totally up for warpgate rotation.
    But seeing as continent locks are extremely rare on servers with high population i would rather have it on a monthly base.

The TR currently hold the by far best warpgate location on Indar. it being in the middle of their side just naturally makes them have influence over a larger territory than those, stuck in the corners.

I think its a stupid thing not to have the continent be somewhat round (which is very well achievable with hexes), so nobody has the superior non-corner spot.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ganelon

At least we get defensible terrain on Indar. Now we have to use the Crown as a chokepoint to prevent the other factions to get from capping our easy to cap bases on flat land.
  15. Deschain

Vs had the north warpgate in beta, cant expect to have it again.
  16. Diamond Sword

The way

The way this was said, it makes me wonder if they are physically moving positions, or just rotating the layouts a few degrees.
  17. Hideandrun

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  18. SKYHEX

Yo mean to tell me that after all that time, when I have even managed to fall in love with Vanu Archives and Lithcorp Secure Mine for their base design and find every opportunity to play in them, you will be rotating the bloody WGs?
    [IMG]
    Btw, I am quite sure we will see the same NC forum characters whine about their new position. This time, it will not be "too cramped and CQB", but rather "too open, nerf air moooar NAO" It was like that in beta and will be like that now. I can see it already.

The only good thing is that now we will finaly get rid of Allatum camps on VS. Say hello to Tawrich changing colours like a disco ball even more!
  19. Lavaflow

Why isn't Indar going the other way? this is reverting back to how it was during the first half of Beta. It would make more sense to me if it went the other way.
  20. St0mpy

Thats going to be an unknown till we see how theyre redesigned the crown