Indar Warpgates Need To Rotate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kitlo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Kitlo

Why don't these rotate on a weekly basis? I come to check out the small update just to get a taste of the tears to be had from pilots (delicious btw) and cannot wait to see the "aircraft weapon fixes(nerfslol)" to the lib. But anyway, once again on Indar, the NC face the VS and TR simultaneously . Granted, it's not always like this, and really not on the other planets. But Indar is definitely more unique and can make a world of difference. VS, with the best and most mobile tank in the game, and arguably the best aircraft get the spawn point with the most aircraft starting resources and the biggest open fields with good tree coverage. TR get the North which is mainly untouched because no one really pushes deeply into it. It's always in the middle by map design. Meanwhile, NC, with the slowest and bulkiest tanks get to fight each other through smalls paths and huge hills. Awesome. Just rotate them. Simple as can be.

On a side note. The track tanks really need to be fixed. Why is it that going up a slope I basically come to almost a dead stop, but I make it, the ground levels out, but because I'm more elevated It still considers me being slanted at an angle or something, keeping me going at a snails pace to just stopping me dead. But I'm leveled! this mainly happens on Amerish.
    • Up x 4
  2. DonSuave

These needs to happen on or before patch 02. I see no reason not to.
  3. FateJH

The NC in Indar really do have the terrible terrain (and terrible MBTs, but I digress).

However, it's their own fault for not pushing north into TR territory. Once you get past Rashnu, it shouldn't be hard to hold that territory due to an increase in natural bottlnecks. Even if you don't get Mao, Howling Pass should be well within your grasp. I am not certain what the situation is west of Tawrich but, if I remember the map properly, they don't have any easy routes to get to Vanu's Peris unless they own Crossroads; hence, the Crown scrimmage is important to them, but not necessarily owning the Crown.
  4. BeefySleet

I remember back in the technical test NC used to be SW, VS were North where the TR are now, and TR was where the NC are. I think warpgate locations are fine as is, NC have probably the best WG location on Amerish.
  5. Achmed20

well i wont say they "need to" ut i'd welcome that change because i really want to to see the left side of the map aswell.
    as NC its kinda hard to get there :)
  6. FoxKeegan

I like how one of the responses basically boils down to "Well they have a good WG in Amerish so it balances out."

But the OP didn't say "NC need to move to another WG on Indar". He said "WGs should rotate" Would you not want to see what it's like battling from that allegedly better WG in Amerish for a bit?

If not, then it sounds like you're blowing smoke and it's really not that great a WG in Amerish and you just want to keep the NC subdued in Indar. :) Rotating all the WGs on all the map would certainly ensure a balance for the terrain.

This is something that should happen. I have never seen the NC take Indar on my server, and it would also expose troops to different tactics to take areas they otherwise wouldn't come to, or at, from different directions. This would make for different gaming experiences.

Anyone who is against this is against balanced gameplay.
  7. LibertyRevolution

Bases you have to hold to warpgate the enemy:
    Indar: VS 5 spots, TR 4 spots, NC 3 spots.
    Esamir: VS 4 spots, TR 3 spots, NC 3 spots.
    Amerish: VS 2 spots, TR 2 spots, NC 2 spots.

Yeah, let me take Indar.. I got to hold 5 spots to cap the VS and another 4 spots to cap the TR..
    Sure, I got 9 platoons in my pocket here...

And you wonder why the NC chose to fight for Amerish?
    Its the only map that is even close to fair..

So... If you don't think the NC gets the shaft.. stop lying to yourself!
    • Up x 2
  8. HadesR

Be nice just for the change of scenery .. Will alleviate some of the " same old same old " feeling
    • Up x 4
  9. Col_Jessep

If for no other reason: THIS. I finally want to see all of Indar.

And Amerish and Esamir are only for farming some ghostcap XP for us.
  10. Accuser

Regularly rotating warpgates would give everyone a fresh fight and negate the obvious terrain advantages/disadvantages that exist (particularly on Indar). I seriously doubt anyone will post their opposition to rotation.
    • Up x 2
  11. The Funk

Not too concerned about advantages but agree that all warpgates should be rotated if for no other reason than to keep things fresh.
    • Up x 2
  12. Hellspawn

Ahaha! Good lord, go take your meds.
    • Up x 1
  13. RykerStruvian

I think a better solution to simply rotating the maps is to give Indar and other continents a lock out period. Indar is probably one of the only continents which is functioning the way it should, that is to say it is extremely difficult to successfully capture (at least on Connery). While rotating the continents could bring in some new scenery for players, fundamentally the continent is working as intended.
  14. Eacaraxe

I certainly wouldn't. If anything, it would make everyone better players for having to know how to defend and attack given hexes and bases from multiple points of origin. If you know how to defend something, you can certainly attack it better, and vice versa. It'd also give folks a healthy chunk of much-needed perspective, too.
  15. MangoPunch

From the latest FNO:

[IMG]
  16. Zorlox

lockout adds nothing to the game if it's just a 'timeout' timer. Much better off just giving each empire 1 default warpgate on different conts that can't be captured similar to ps1. Then making the others defensible warpgates that link to one other gate. This would pretty much create this 'lockout' scenario but it would have to be actively done by players. It would do many things like reducing the amount of continents people are fighting on, it would help concentrate fights, it would give people a reason to defend at least 1 territory if not more, it would also be the same as adding rotating warpgates since it all depends on which ones you capture. Who knows, you might actually see people actively defending otherwise they lose access to that continent until they retake the warpgates. Which we can always hope is actually defensible.

This scenario works out a lot better with more than 3 continents unfortunately. Though something like this will have to be implemented unless they want 1000 players spread out across 10 continents instead of just 3 which is bad enough.
    • Up x 3
  17. LameFox

Don't be silly, warpgates are circular!

While I don't oppose the idea of switching gates occasionally, I guess if they ever intended to make them linked to other continents and cappable it might get in the way of that. Also, the OP's reason is weird. Of course you face both enemies at once... on Briggs our TR even has them team up on us in Indar. It's really not the map's fault, it just depends how the teams behave on a server.
  18. HoriZon357

heh, dynamics would be fun, but seriously I remember when continents had to be earned, just saying. Don't encourage them to fix the sillies and let them slowly learn about neutral conts and swinging WG connections, exactly as you refer, like pside, they will get there---I dun like this carebare fixed locations/always 3 facs on one cont guarantees, that's not war.

On a war note, who remembers LLUs moving on the map for caps, lol, or caves giving access to the middle of someone else's cont, and cave mods running around---nothing like being hunted by everyone, those were fun times when things were not so STATIC...and navigating a base did not require an architect with a masters degree in the squad, and the back door was always open ^^.
    • Up x 2
  19. Hep :)

Once the empire "locks" the island, they should have a chance to select their warpgate, other 2 empires get the remaining 2 warpgates via RAND(). That way you reward the empire for the continent "lock" and provide a frequent rotation.

Once the continent lock is achieved all members of the winning empire should get a voting pop up, and a chance to vote for a couple of minutes. Once the result is known, warpgates should change and all fields reset.
    • Up x 3
  20. fish998

Who cares it's a ghost town.

Even if there wasn't a fairness issue, the warpgates should rotate just for the sake of variety, to let us all see some new terrain and fight in some new areas. It'll help stop the game getting repetitive and stale.

You'll also notice on Indar that TR are in the middle of a flat side, whereas VS and NC both only get a corner. TR have a lot more easy regions to capture near their warpgate, and it's no surprise they usually have the whole of the top half of the map.
    • Up x 1