[BUG] Incredible Briggs Lag.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan101, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Spartan101

Just making this thread to see if anyone else is experiencing incredible lag while on Briggs.
    I'm in WA and I can get a solid, constant 300 ping to Connery but on Briggs it can vary from 150 to 6000 ping and these massive ping spikes can last for 30+ seconds.
  2. SerialNumber1221

its called using telstra co-lo to host the servers hehe or thats what i suspect

when i was in sydney, on dsl i had a 10ms ping to briggs and usually did not have too many issues

now i have NBN fibre but the playability on Briggs is worse as my ping is a lot more because my NBN house is in Tassie...

i always do better on Connery these days and hardly touch briggs, because of lag as well as very low population

personally i think its time briggs got consolidated into Connery or they offer us the server transfer token in depot...

Briggs just doesn't seem to have as many big battles consistently like Connery
  3. ShortRovnd

Not everyone likes having big battles everywhere, particularly players with older CPUs.
  4. Jetlag

Not everyone likes to play a competitive multiplayer game on 300ms ping, in fact I have trouble seeing how anyone could enjoy that. I have had too many bad gaming experiences being gimped because im trying to play on US servers.
    I doubt i will ever play another game which doesnt have a dedicated Australian server.
  5. SerialNumber1221

yeah thats true and its up to individuals what type of battle sizes they like. personally i like the big fights.

the point i was trying to make is that this game has bigger battles than any other game and Briggs just does not showcase that anymore. Maybe some nights, yeah, but most of the time, the big battles are few and far between.

I guess it will just come down to cost in the end. Once the cost of keeping Briggs alive becomes comparable to the revenue from trhe server, they will be forced to think about it's future.
  6. SerialNumber1221

i think it just comes down to connection type and speed.

The game also compensates well for variance in connection speed from my observations. I have a 250ms+ ping to connery and perhaps 70ms to Briggs (used to be 10ms in Sydney) but I have no problems dropping people on Connery and that is because the client side hit detection in combination with the game's ability to handle connection variances is pretty solid - for me anyway. It won't be the same for everyone though, that's for sure.