Increase range on repair tool

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by RoaRawR, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Bill Hicks

no. engineers need to be in danger or they can just sit behind a rock and repair. They have to be vulnerable to splash damage or the vehicle zerg gets too powerful. I main engineer and I think its fine.

Medics need to have a longer range only cus people move much more than vehicles and they die faster.
    • Up x 1
  2. JudgeDeath

Funny thou that you cant run over enemy infantry with the magmover but on own guys it works perfectly.

So many times I have tried but allways "lololol went thru me and now I blast you in the backside with a rocket"

Regarding the OPs request, there is a reason why you shouldnt be able to repair vehicles long distance because that enables sitting in perfect cover and keeping tanks alive forever.
  3. Yautja

It needs to be 50% longer atleast.
  4. Xocolatl

What repair needs to do is put a giant green arrow, not unlike the damage indicator, saying WHICH WAY THE ENGY REPAIRING YOU IS AT!

Seriously, it couldn't be that hard, right? They already have the indicator for damage, why not for healing too?
    • Up x 1
  5. ScorpDK

people claiming that the range shouldn't increase because of abusing cover, are either really not playing Engineer enough, or hate the idea of their bomber/ Tank HE rounds not one-shot'ing 2-5 engineers with every shot fired.

Consider this: Normally, standing behind a large, super-armored vehicle would protect you from the explosion, turning a Sunderer or tank into perfect cover. In PS2, damage goes straight through the vehicle and hits you, always. Thus to reduce the damage from AoE, the engineer distances him/herself from it...now standing in even less cover, where anybody could pick them off. If someone hides in a terrain crack below a vehicle, then that's completely viable. Flush them out.