[Suggestion] Increase Cert Cap

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kontrollo, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Kontrollo

Logged in after the patch and first wondered how I managed to hit exactly 10000 Certs, thought it was a funny coincidence. I was hovering around that when I last played so I didn't think there was more to it.

Then a while later, I realised that I haven't gained a single Cert despite doing quite a few things.

So turns out there was supposed to be a Cert cap for non-members at 10k but I was somehow able to go above that before? In any case I thought it was higher.

The reason I am usually at around that number now is that I want to invest into ASP as soon as I hit the max. rank. Not being able to go above it by ~3-5k to then invest into things I actually want to Cert feels needlessly stingy.

Alternative suggestion: Reduce ASP Cert cost for non-members.

And no, I am not going to subscribe to a membership (which is mildly p2win). I do buy DBC here and there, however, and that should be good enough to not have this kind of problem.
  2. JibbaJabba

"no I'm not going to give you money. Now go pay money to a dev to get me what I want so I don't have to give money"

Good Luck :)
  3. LodeTria

Missions used to be able go above the 10k cap, but only missions. Everything else stops at 10k
    Just spend your certs on something lol. Having ASP be delayed by a few days won't ruin anything, since that's what you're saving for.
  4. Kontrollo

Can you read? You've even quoted it. It's not like I don't support the game at all, so I suggest you get off your high horse.

Yes that's what I'm doing now. And well, before the patch I was somehow able to gain Certs beyond 10k so I was able to keep it around that number, sometimes a bit above and sometimes a bit below. It's not like the game is unplayable now, I've lost a few Certs and it's more tedious now. That's it.

But let's be real here. An arbitrary and inconvenient cap on Certs is not going to make me want to subscribe. The opposite is the case, and the responses here are not helping.
  5. JibbaJabba

There is an existing solution to your problem. It costs monthy money. You want the dev to spend money to make a change so you don't have to pay this.

And I have to get off my high horse? LOL your entitlement and utter lack of self awareness is stunning. And getting even more raged at everyone who comes along and suggests it. :p

Like I said... good luck.