In other news, Higby is reducing the spawn timer to 7 seconds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Jul 23, 2014.

1. UberBonisseur

2. Crashsplash

7 seven seconds wow, so I have to sit about doing nothing for all that time! I'll get bored and log off, I'm tellin' ya.

Why is this game so SLOWWWW!
    • Up x 13
  3. sindz

0/10, would not read again.
    • Up x 2
  4. TZK204

Why 7 seconds? Seems like such a random number. What makes it better than 8 seconds or 6 seconds?
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

I predict forumside will lash out and rebel against these changes, claiming they will destroy the game and ruin the battle flow, but fail to explain why.
    • Up x 13
  6. UberBonisseur

It's a great change and here is why:
    • Up x 1
  7. Covah

It's better because it's bigger than 6 and smaller than 8.
    • Up x 5
  8. Llamar

Dying just has no penalty in this game. Eventually you'll get ******* ribbons and certs for dying.
    • Up x 13
  9. novicez

great change, more crops to.... oh I mean infantry to play with. :D
    • Up x 1
  10. Zeblasky

Because punishment for dying is already too small?
    • Up x 2
  11. Iridar51

Why there needs to be punishment for death? Dying is enough punishment.
    Unless you're talking about suicide tactics, but they can be fixed in other ways than making all respawn timers unnecessarily long.
    For example, to discourage C4 suicide bombing, player who killed himself with C4 can be denied getting XP and credit for enemies that he killed with that same C4. Or have an increased respawn timer after suicide. Or both.
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

Then why have a timer at all? :confused:
    • Up x 4
  13. DatVanuMan

You damned drivers/pilots, thinking we infantry are to be played around with? Infantryside will strike back! And by that, we mean the devs who will ensure no one has any fun:eek:
    But really, I like this change. Gets me to the fights even more rapidly. And to all those who will dislike this, BETTER THAN PULLING A FLASH;)
  14. andy_m

Barry Sheene was #7
    Kevin Keegan was #7
    7 is just one of them lucky number thingies

It is also a Mersenne prime number

And the lowest dimension of an Exotic Sphere

7, seven... I love it :D
  15. crusaderx11

i highlighted the area under that thinking you'd written something in black text lol
    • Up x 1
  16. andy_m

ditto, but I then realised it is all in the sig
  17. Chipay

Everyone knows it's because 8 was scared of 7 because 7 8 6
    • Up x 3
  18. Obuw

If they knew what they were doing they'd look at how it's done in PS1 and make it start at 7s and increase up to 30s if you keep dying repeatedly within a short timeframe.
    • Up x 8
  19. GhostAvatar

Because they wanted something in between 8 and 6. So 7 it was.
  20. novicez

Soooo orion is now considered an aircraft/vehicle? :eek::eek::eek: