In-game Moderation? This is unacceptable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Forblaze

They have the unique title "Operative", not Corporal. TR and NC both have the Corporal title so that would be silly.

It's kind of shameless imo. They have no anti-cheat so they need to spam broadcasts and parade their GMs around so we feel like they're doing something.
  2. KlyptoK

If they are choosing to remain visible, it would be nice if they had different camo or were a "4th faction" NS force Colored entirely Yellow / White etc.

The have observer mode that lets them fly around like a camera.
  3. Scrambles1

Goosefraba. I'm glad they are in there finally. A tank is a small price to get rid of these turds ruining my game.
  4. Freyar

Strange. Someone get a screenshot.
  5. Ashnal

OP is going to whine about one death?

Deaths are a dime a dozen in this game, no sense whining about a singe on of them.
  6. Wombat

AHAHAHAHAAH ahaha

ahahaha

1 HA snuck up behind you while you were obsessing about a GM and killed you while you were in a tank.. and you're blaming the GM. Oh man, thats too good. I bet that GM laughed his *** off. It's even funnier that you're raging about it... Let's pretend GM's are a bad thing because you died... yea hackers are way better.. lol
  7. lilbabygiraffelegs

I think it's awesome that they're there.
  8. KenFGX

Well, you have been warned
  9. ErrantPilot34

I wonder if they could add some feature that if you shoot at them you get a distinct noise, and a message which states "You're shooting a Moderator, they cannot die"
  10. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

i'm not even mad. i just think it's abnormally stupid that GMs appear in game COMPLETELY IDENTICAL to a normal player. No different name color, no special costume. It's disruptive to the battle and the game. I am very glad that GMs are doing their job but this is a terrible way to do it. They should have a GM toolset that doesn't require them to be visible at all.
  11. gunshooter

They're visible on purpose to try and imply that they're doing anything at all about hackers
  12. Virtual0Slayer

Simple 'lazy' solution: have GMs have a permanent HA shield but with a none empire color. Something like Golden yellow or pure white.That way you cant miss him but cause hes a different color you will just go on ignoring him.
  13. Crator

Just guessing, but they might be looking like normal players in order to detect hackers. Yes, they announce that GMs are labeled with operative but as the OP found out, it's not immediately apparent they are a GM. It's a trap for hackers imo.
  14. Kurreah

If they are on as admin, they are not "playing" the game, they are working.
    Their actual personal accounts that they use to play on would not have the privileges of the admin account.

Given the number of morons saying that SOE don't have any form of anti-cheat system in place, I'm not surprised that they decided to manifest the admins visibly this weekend.
  15. Maderas

I agree to an extent. A friend and I both kept wasting ammo on a GM who was running around in the middle of an amp station battle on Connery earlier. I can appreciate that SOE wants us to see there's actually GMs around, but I don't think it's necessary for them to pop up in the middle of battles to do so. I'm sure they have better ways to detect hackers than eyeballing them like a regular player would so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I don't think you'll see them as much after the double XP weekend.
  16. wwwyzzerrdd

i saw this earlier tonight. my friend and i were playing on lan during a huge battle and some guy was spamming the same text that pops up to warn you about server restarts, saying things along the lines of:

"hackers beware, hacks are not tolerated"

"you cant kill admins stop shooting me"

"i am a beast player"

unfortunately i dont have screens, but i assumed it was a global message or at least to everyone in the area because it popped up for both my buddy and i and people were talking about it in area chat
  17. TrenchDigger

can you guys whine and cry any more? Really this is what you are going with? Millions of threads about hackers and some poor baby can't kill a GM and comes to the forums to moan.

Get over it. Put your big boy pants on and let SOE deal with the cheaters anyway they see fit. Would you rather them not there and let cheaters run wild? I thought so.
  18. Zenben

This bugs me too. Was in an infantry firefight and our entire side got wrecked because everyone turned around to shoot at the enemy GM behind us. I would be totally fine with them making their presence known if they just looked different. Give them a special model or just make them bigger, something to distinguish them from normal players.
  19. Stride

I was thinking about the constant GM broadcast spam. Why would they need to appear as a player when they could just float around as a invisible camera or something. Also who is genius that figured announcing where they are monitoring would be a good idea? Seriously why do I care or need to know and if it is to catch people hacking then why the hell would you announce it?

All the GM spam today was to say the least quite pointless and annoying.
  20. Dubious

Next time, save your ammo and drive him over

I get weird looks from infantry all the time when I come with my lightning and dont shoot them but rather try to run them over :p