In Game broadcast caught a Hacker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villanuk, Jun 23, 2015.

1. toast2250

If you see a cheater using hacks hours on end with no effect then you know its all just a facade.
  2. Santonin

While I, like all non-hackers, am ecstatic that they are catching and banning these scum, I have a question. What stops them from creating a new F2P account and coming back with a new character and doing the exact same thing all over again, possibly with a new "undetectable" version of the hack(s)? From what I've read, it's the F2P aspect of the game that is providing the risk-free environment for these scum-suckers to do what they do.
  3. FieldMarshall

[IMG]

A picture of the hacker and his name, adress and phone number irl would also be acceptable.

But honestly though. I really like that they show how they take action against these people.
    I hate reporting a hacker only to be met by a "you wont know the outcome" message.

This shows that they care (atleast a little) about what people really want. Justice.
    Faith in PS2 +5% restored.
  4. Copasetic

They seem to be real but they're not in real time, some of the bans being broadcast actually happened days ago. So I'm guessing it's a DB of recent bans with a script picking one out at random to broadcast every now and then.
  5. Stormsinger

Well, at least they are being monitored. [IMG]
  6. skull4squadron

lol love your sig :)
  7. Towie

I saw this too - last night on Cobalt. It was strangely satisfying to see.

Actually, wouldn't it be good to keep them in the game for a time, disable the offenders weapons (like - cannot damage anything) and make it very clear on the minimap / on screen that there is a hacker in our midst ?

How about placing a special 'cheat' marker that follows them around ?

Just so that everyone can enjoy killing him/her/it for an extended period with no chance of return fire. See how THEY like it eh ?

(Ooo - vengeance is sweet)
  8. 0fly0

It's nice to see them taking care of some hacker but i think they don't take the better one for sending a message, now all i see is big hacker with stupid name, i would love to see a message like " today we ban (well now player on the server) for using speed hack and no recoil assist" give somethink to worry about for those guy who think they are ok if they only play with 2x speed.
  9. Stormsinger

I want daybreak to make a special event out of it. Allow activation of the Tech Plant cannons (The biiiig ones that never move, currently just scenery) - teleport the offending player in front of it, and hold a server-wide random lottery to allow players to man the cannon, and blow them up one last time prior to the ban.
  10. 0fly0

Lol that remind me what they did for guild wars.

11. Villanuk

12. FieldMarshall

13. TeknoBug

Good to see that moderation has been stepped up.
  14. Drag0

I'm glad they started doing this again -- I notice a difference. And I am surprised there are as many as they are -- crazy that so many idiots feel they need to cheat because even if they have 10:1 k:d ratio I don't care and never look so who are they cheating for?
  15. n0pax

I have played for ~15 hours or so in game time since I first heard of this and I am yet to see a hacker banned. I have seen two announcements and both players were stat padding or were using very poor hacks.

Both of their killboards were 100 deaths in a row all to the same player according to PS2 players.
  16. Migs

You guys know this was happening before, they just made it show it put up an announcement
    its not like they suddenly just started banning people

It's great to let the players know its happening though