Improvement to the Infiltrator Dart

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NordicTiger27, Nov 25, 2012.

1. NordicTiger27

Please developers - Either give the infiltrator a laser designator (a la PS1) or let us spec the Infiltrator dart to the following:

Allow an infiltrator to laze or designate (for purposes of this post, we'll assume they allow us to spec the Infiltrator dart) priority targets for any affiliated friendlies in vehicles.

Teammates in towers and in tanks would see a waypoint-like light beaming from the ground with a circle icon in the light where they should aim in their particular vehicle in order to hit the target point. This also applies for Reavers and any Galaxy/Liberator/Sunderer gunners using a grenade launcher turret.

Liberators with actual bombs would have a lock-on target that they can repeatedly hit. I would toy with allowing certain infantry rockets to lock on as well.

The cert levels would change the designator as thus:

Cert 1 - Unlocks the designator. Target for tanks and others is fairly large, meaning a wide area bombardment. Liberator lock on range is 300m and lock on is fairly slow. Locked on accuracy is moderate. Target lasts 20 sec. Target shows to all squadmates.

Cert 2 - Target for tanks and others is narrower. Lib lock on range is 450m and lock on is slightly faster. Locked on accuracy is better. Target lasts 25 seconds.

Cert 3 - Target for tanks is narrower yet. Lib lock range is 550m and lock on is faster. Locked on accuracy is better. Target shows to all platoon mates.

Cert 4 - Target for tanks is pinpoint. Lib lock on range is 600m and lock on is fast. Locked on accuracy is within 10m.

Cert 5 - Infiltrator gains two firing modes, one is a pinpoint target for tanks and 3m accuracy for liberators, other is area target for tanks and 30 m accuracy for liberators.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I feel this would bring infiltrators more into what I think is a team class than a mostly solo class.
  2. Hetzau

I would be satisfied if they first fixed the bugs associated with the darts.

First of all, when I fire he dart, it seems to float in the air for couple of seconds before it decides to speed us.
    Second, if I want to cover longer ranges, the dart just disappears.
    Third, why oh why would I use the right click on the gun when it's worse than having a cross hair?

I like your ideas and I would add that the designated targets' flares be rendered useless while targeted by the Infiltrator.