[Suggestion] Improve the Light assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Oktavian1207, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Oktavian1207

My suggestion to improve the light assault comes from the trailer :death is no excuse.
    I think the fun to play the light assault and the expieriences were even better if they could hold on on enemy warplanes, and they should fly higher and faster, maybe that all is going by a new jetpack for 750certs or sth

Here to see what i mean:

look at 1:19
    and maybe there are some other ideas for the game like jumping from one gal to another or shooting the pilot out of his cockpit.

or check it out here:
    [IMG]
  2. TriumphantJelly

All classes should b able to do that.

Buuut engine limitations.
  3. elementotrl

Just give gaming twenty more years
  4. Oktavian1207

well i thought just only for the light assault, because some classes may be overpowered like havy with rocket launcher,
    in this case it might be usefull if only secondary weapons could fire wehn you hold on an enemy warplanes
  5. Iridar51

Gaming? People can already do that in Titanfall, and pretty sure it's not THAT hard to implement. It's no different from engineer mounting his turret.
  6. Redwave

I agree with OP that the Light Assault needs a little more improvement, both to make it more effective and fun. For example to this day Light Assaults do not have an ability. I'm not talking about jump jets, I'm talking about the F key ability. Maybe it could be smoke released from your jump jets that you can make a gate away with or when you are spotted by an enemy it removes the spot. Or maybe like sticking to walls for a short time (these ideas were from Demigan in his Light Assault Revamp Ideas thread). Another thing is their grenades are somewhat effective and somewhat useless. The smoke grenade is very useful when you throw it close by yet it disappears to the other dimension when you throw it far away. The flash grenades are useful when the enemy is staring at it, but if not then no. These grenades need a fix. Light Assaults also need a unique tool like the rocket launcher, medical applicator, etc. Med kits and C4 can be used by all classes (Except C4 for Infiltrators, cuz that's just cheating), there is nothing unique to having those things. I would say that compared to other classes' stuff almost what we have is useless. The heavy's rocket launcher, the medic's healing aura, the engie's sticky grenades, and the infiltrator's detect device, yet all we have is buggy smoke and flash grenades. If the developers or whoever is in charge of all this puts their head to it and stop adding crap to the game to slowly make it P2W they can do a good job like they did with the rest of the classes.
  7. Redwave

And the part that makes me mad is that if they are having such difficulty coming up with ideas to revamp the damn class, then do some research and look up ideas players have written. I've seen threads with some fun and crazy ideas that would make the LA class 100% more effective, seriously. But instead they want to add some dumb *** dual wielding Akimbo **** that makes no absolute sense. It goes by allowing the LA to dual wield 2 weapons at the same time at the cost of your jump jets.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! The Light Assault class is not Light Assault without it's jump jets and without it they are ineffective seriously you just dropped us 98% with that ********. I might as well start playing Heavy Assault today, again. And now whomever we kill will get our exact location...................................................It is sometimes difficult to find a nice little spot to kill enemies sometimes they are so good that they cannot even tell where you are yet you just give our location like that? Unacceptable. Other SOE games are doing better than Planetside 2, I wonder why...
  8. DHT#

All they need to do is have it so you can "ride" on the outside of an enemy vehicle by going up and pressing whatever your enter vehicle key is. From here, if it's something like an aircraft or harasser, you can shoot at the pilot. They should get a fair amount of damage reduction from the vehicle.

Should fix collision issues and provides more AV options.

Think of it as jumping on an enemy tank / wraith in the halo games while you kill the pilot inside.
  9. Doublefrost

All I'd want is the ability to stick to horizontal or vertical surfaces for unlimited duration, Cling to ceilings, walls, cliffs. (With full accuracy and ability to aim/fire all weapons.) That would give tremendous tactical flexibility. I'll have to get back in game to see how broken things are at present, but I can tell you right now that when SOE started removing a lot of the indoor and outdoor ledges that LA could get stuck on the class got a LOT weaker. You're not that combat effective while actively jetting and you lack the extra hitpoints and firepower classes like HA have for slogging on the ground.

Mind you, most of my play experience was tech test, beta and the first few months of release. Wound up quitting the game when LA got repeatedly nerfed while OP classes got repeated buffs. I'm quite disgusted that LA still needs to be fixed after all this time.
  10. Redwave

I know exactly how you feel man
  11. questorhank

this would be awesome
  12. FrankHH

That doesn't have anything to do with engine limitations, it's simply because the devs didn't want to make the LA that awesome.
  13. Covah

It absolutely has everything to do with engine limitation and performances.

But they COULD do it, yes.
  14. FrankHH

I don't see how making the LA go faster and higher has to do with "performances"
  15. Sixstring

So I'm just going to go ahead and ask what exactly would be the counter to a facehugging LA? Would you just speed up and let the windshield wipers do the rest? How would an LA even get in that position? C4 is already too much power for LA's they shouldn't be able to do basically the same things to aircraft that they're doing to tanks now. Infantry who can fly have a HUGE advantage in this game LA's don't need more advantages they need a few bricks worth less to be honest.
  16. odie361

my opinion is make the LA class more of a sabateur,example: have him sabatage a AA turrent in a base, doesn't destroy the turrent but give it a negative effect like traverse at a slower speed, same thing with vehicles, once they have no c4 they still sabatage a tank or sunddy, the tank might accerate slower and the suddy might spawn units with random primaries weapon they have available. as for a special uniquness for the class i always thought they needed something like taped magazines where every other reload is 50% faster but the non boosted reload is 50% slower, let me know what you think just my .02
  17. FrankHH

A counter would be actual infantry fighting turrets on tanks, that do some damage instead of "Aah! That stung me!"
  18. FrankHH

That would be more fitting for the infiltrator.
  19. Iridar51

Well, how do tankers counter C4 already deployed on their tank? Apart from Vanguard shield, there is no counter to that. Key to survival is to prevent the C4 being placed, or kill the player while he's in the process of planting C4.

Same is here, simply don't get in a position where LA would be able to facehug. Maximum flying altitude for LA is barely 30 meters anyway.
  20. MrJengles

Taped magazines sounds like a pretty cool attachment option, under ammunition. SOE really don't make as much creative use of attachments as they could. If you'd like, maybe make a new thread for that to get it some more views - I'll throw in a like / post.