Implement balance already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SuperSasquatch, Apr 27, 2015.

1. SuperSasquatch

Population balance enforcement should have been implemented a long time ago. This goes for all factions. A lack of balance the main reason people stop playing Oneside. Most MMOs have some sort of balance enforcement.

I won't ponder on how this should be done. That's Daybreak's job.

Hey Daybreak, you won't see any of my cash until this is done. Did that get your attention?
    • Up x 2
  2. Nalothisal

The main issue isn't over pop. It's the quality of players vs the quantity. For instance, some num-nuts think the NC are OP. if that's true why then is our faction so ****? It's because we get hit with the noob players for a non-noob friendly faction. The VS are OP due to the pros who were their since day one and the pros from the NC.
  3. FateJH

Each continent has a fixed number of players per faction that can fight on it.
    For all other issues, go download an instanced round-based shooter of some kind.

Probably not. This forum isn't heavily combed.
    • Up x 1
  4. SuperSasquatch

Oh you mean like when the VS have 50% continent pop on Emerald?
  5. FateJH

Percentages are irrelevant. If there were two VS and one TR and one NC on a continent, the VS would still have 50% continent population. Same for server population. Where are your TR and your NC?
  6. Ballto21

Oh i know. The VS are so OP. I mean, we have the beamer. Clearly this gun outperforms everything.

Sarcasm aside god bless the OPmer!
  7. NoobStylerIGERI

LOL VS OP? yesterday we played on Hossin.
    Fort Liberty. NC 60% Pop VS 40% Pop vs- 48-96 NC- 96+
    We hold that base 4 Hours, with underpopulation :D
    Than Alert was coming.
    NC65% VS 35% still hold that Base..

after 30 Mins.
    NC 70% VS 30% vs got 96+ , still hold it 15 mins.

NC got over 200-300 Player on that base who we gonna loos it.

don`t Thing VS is OP :D

Was one of biggest fight, like old crown..... Was much fun
  8. maxkeiser

Just no, op. No.

This is an open-world, go anywhere FPS. Platoons and squads are free to go anywhere they wish and it has to be like this. We are fighting a war across continents - we don't want more artificial restrictions on where we can go.

No matter where you are, there should never be anything to stop a platoon or even 2-3 dropping on your head. It's one of the joy of PS2, imo (even when you are on the receiving end).

If you desperately want a controlled or 'fair' playing field, you need to be playing an arena shooter - one with teams like BF or Counterstrike.

PS2 will always be unpredictable and often 'unfair'. Just like real life and war.
  9. Czerń

I suggest slower resource gain for faction with continental population higher than 40% (proportional to overpop, for example between -25% at 40% and -90% at 80% pop).
  10. CipherNine

I can't see why population balance mechanic hasn't been implemented already. Spawn queues are easy way to solve this problem. If you outpop the enemy then you should have to wait in queue for your teammate to die before you can spawn again. That way battles can be balanced even if one faction outpops the other by large margin as it is often the case.

I realize some people think spawn queues are bad idea for various reasons, however they can be implemented on only one of the continents. Then we can wait and see whether that continent will become the most popular one.
  11. CipherNine

This "dropping 2-3 platoons on your head" is probably main reason why nobody bothers with elaborate battle tactics. Why bother achieving coordination when it is simpler just to recruit few dozens of average players and zerg stomp the defenders?
    Necessity is the mother of innovation and currently there is no necessity for upping up your team coordination and skill simply because getting more players is easier and more effective route.

I don't mind dropping 2-3 platoons in 12v12 fight but when those guys die they should either sit in the spawn queue or redeploy outside of the region for another gal drop. That at least gives defenders a fighting chance.
  12. Nalothisal

Heh, I never thought the beamer was OP or UP. It fills its niche quite nicely.
  13. SanPelicano

1. IMO, with this attitude, "my cash" means your parents cash rather than yours.

2. Nobody cares your moms cash, Those who are criing about faction pop balance are the casual players. Mostly children who dont like the challange and have low paying potentional.
    Adapt and evolve or perish...

Or choose another server.
  14. Tbone

That's new i thought that each continent has a fix number of players which was 2000 and 3 conts x 2000= 6000/server. But i didn't know that the players/factions were restricted.
  15. FateJH

Let's run with 2100 per continent, just for the purposes of easy division. In this case, the maximum continental occupancy per faction is 700. Only up to 700 of any of the factions can be on a continent at a given time, before the rest have to wait in queues for turnover.
  16. FBVanu

Balance has nothing to do with pop. It is the overall 'perceived and possible' equilibrium that most weapons even each other out.

You could have a zerg of 700 run around in circles, all around the continent, never meeting the enemy zerg of 700, that are running on the other side of the continent.. in the same circle.. A merry-go-round....

The fact that there are NO pop limitations is THE main reason that this game is so much fun, for me, at least.
    I LOVE being in the under pop side.. it is amazing to be warpgated and try to get out to capture that nearest base.. in a clear under-dog position..

If you always have equal pop, you will have a lot of boring stalemates.

If DBG does not get your money, oh well, I'm sure they can live without it. But they get plenty of money from everybody else, because we like the OPEN world, NO limitations kind of SandBox world...