[Suggestion] Implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RockPlanetSide2, Aug 21, 2017.

1. RockPlanetSide2

*Posting here because the class discussion area is just 100% dead*

What are you running on your Infiltrator as far as Implants?

For my SMG Inflitator:
    I have been running Deep Operative 5: the 30% decrease in cloak visibility seems legit. And I have noticed a significant increase at medium range of people not just seeing you running around and laughing as they kill you.
    As anybody else noticed any improvement in their play?

Sensor Shield 5: Just more useful non-detection.
    As anybody else noticed any improvement in their play?

I tried Nightmare out, but honestly with SMGs you are never with in that 5m range and it just seems wasted all the time.

I tried Counter-Intelligence, but it just does not do enough compared to Sensor Shield.

Debating if Ammo Printer would be better than Sensor Shield... do run out of ammo a lot... and I'm sure Nanoweave 5 is not worth giving up for Ammo Belt.

Thoughts? Ideas?
  2. LordKrelas

Well, if you have generally don't suffer from Recon Darts, Motion sensors or vehicle radars, then I'd go with Ammo Printer.
    Sensor Shield is great when expecting detection methods, and at max rank also shields you from heat detection.

Ammo printer at max rank is 1 minute per clip, very useful for extended engagements without support.
  3. Mehanal

I usually run Ammo Printer 4 and Sensor Shield 4, which gives you a clip per every 75 minutes and shields you from devices if you're outside their range of 15 meters.

I find it pretty helpful to be able to actively run around as a Stalker, especially when you're chasing down a lone enemy (but there might be that stray recon device there to give off your location). I've tried Catlike and think it is pretty helpful for certain situations (crouch combat, sneaking slowly around crowded bases) but it suffers if you need to climb terrain or run away from being shot at.
    I have not unlocked Deep Operative yet, and do not want to put more certs into the cert sink yet.

I'm on rank 4 of Nightmare (I know, all of these rank 4's o_O) and am actually pretty excited to try the rank 5 version out. Does it just cloak you if you're closer than 5 meters to your opponent? Does the 2 second timer reset if you're in the 5 meter range multiple times with a few opponents allowing for you to chain cloaked kills? I usually run my Stalker with The President and a regular Auraxium chainblade so my engagements are usually within 2 - 10 meters.

If you ever do sniping, Infravision is a great implant for short ranges - it makes it easier to spot players for your team and also just makes you a more effective support member of your team, since you can track your targets much easier.
  4. RockPlanetSide2

Nightmare 5 is only worth it if you use a knife or you are running around with a pump action shotgun... even the full autoshotguns usually put you out of range for it to trigger.

SMG range is way outside of 5meters.

Deep Operative is bonkers AF... you are just invisible past 10-15meters.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Regen for all plus Target Focus for sniping and Ammo Printer for stalking. I have done very little SMG work but might take battle hardened (I don't have Carapace or Deep Operative but would like to try them).