Implants have been reworked again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Ash87

Alright Forumside:

[IMG]

Click the image to learn more...
    • Up x 3
  2. sawrecoilisop

LOL, I just want them. PUSH THEM TO TEST SO I CAN PLAY WITH THEM. thx

Oh, and crafting? How's that going to work?
  3. Ash87

Apparently their uses are all getting reworked.... Read: They are going to look at the conc/flash/emp immunity items, and the Awareness one... Otherwise known as the implants from which about 80% of complaints originate. The other 20% being people disliking the fact that you can spend money on implants.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tommyp2006

So what they're saying is [IMG]
    • Up x 8
  5. ST4LK3R

Edited:

They still look the same to me.

IMO they should add only these implants:

Safe Landing
    • Reduced fall damage.
    Ammo
    • Causes killed enemy players to spawn ammunition pickups. Does not apply to explosives.
    And may be this:
    Sensor Shield
    • Makes the player undetectable to enemy radar unless sprinting.
    • Makes the player undetectable by enemy motion sensors unless sprinting.
    because of all the rader dart spams. I think the rest of the implants are either ezmodes or hard counters.
    • Up x 2
  6. TheGatorfan2

By golly we're going to make them consumable somehow and you're going to like it!

In all seriousness, this is a step in the right direction, so long as they rethink/remove some of them (like the awareness one). My only question is what does "acquired directly" mean?
  7. Dragoon_Hunter22

Step in the right direction! Well, they are using some player feedback it looks like. 1-2% at most.
  8. Kanil

If they must be consumable, then making them work like every other consumable in the game is an obviously good step.

This now seems a lot less painful and frustrating.
    • Up x 1
  9. f0d

imo it wasnt how we got the implants that was the problem it was the actual implants themselves that was the problem

Awareness
    • Auto-spots enemies who damage or kill you.
    • Auto-spots enemies that you damage.
    awareness is still there and imo it should just be removed
    • Up x 2
  10. Aesir

You know, almost all the Implants are Infantry use. I know there were no Vehicle specific Implants in PS1 ... but I would like to see stuff like a range finder and what not, it could really, you know, be part of specialization.
    • Up x 1
  11. CrashB111

How we got them was the cause for the original outcry of hate.

Making them "rented" items that could have been bought with SC or certs was a straight Pay2Win move because it would have meant that those paying cash for implants could constantly keep them burning vs those who paid certs and unless they were constantly earning certs wouldn't be able to keep the implants and level their gear at the same time.
  12. f0d

there was also a fair amount of hate for awareness also
    i did not have any issue with how they were earned - but i did have a MAJOR issue with awareness
  13. AzureKnight

The only one I'm against is the one that auto targets enemies that damage you. That rather destroys sniping. though I suppose the counter to that is cloaking and that removes the spot instantly...
    • Up x 2
  14. DamageKing

Still a consumable. Still greedy. It's like not paying certs for weapons but paying certs/sc every time you want to reload. Still a ********. Any kind of "random drops" element is also very damaging for a game. If SOE wants to finally kill this game, then by all means, implants are a good way of doing that.
  15. JesNC

What exactly is so greedy about free items in a free game, which are by design not even required to be able to compete?

Just trying to understand your sentiment here...
    • Up x 1
  16. DamageKing

How easily you dismiss advantages provided by these implants. If you think they are not required to compete, then there is nothing to discuss with you. And "free" argument is a non-argument.
  17. Kunavi

Audio Amplifier
    • I can live with others using this but if I only get to choose 1 Implant this won't it.
    Battle Hardened
    • I'd pick that up even if I had to pick only 1.
    Enhanced Targeting
    • Yeah, NO, don't need that. You get enough visual clues as to the state of the target.
    Range Finder
    • I suppose a dedicated Sniper would want this? By now though I'd expect the experienced ones don't really need it.
    Ammo
    • No need at all.
    Awareness
    • HORRIBLY BROKEN POS. If this goes in I want ALL my Stealth/Suppressor Certs back. Do you want to completely strip PS2 of any sense of "Tactics" in any shape, way or form, SOE? Why don't you just make square arenas, throw us in, have a Count-Down and let us stand still and fire at the other guys in open ground? What are you thinking?
    Quick Use
    • While the concept it good, extending it to explosives seem way too much. Still I wouldn't pick it unless they reduce the C4 use by too much to bait us in getting this.
    Sensor Shield
    • The mere existence of this is nullified by the broken above "Awareness" Implant. The problem? It's just as broken and if I had invested in Proxy Radar ETC ETC I'd definitely want my Certs back the moment this goes in.
    Safe Landing
    • As LA I'd pick it up, MAYBE, but I see how it's just a convenience item.
    Stealth
    • Why this is not part of the "Stealth" package for ALL VEHICLES eludes me completely, as Vehicle Stealth is very lack luster TBH, I've been trying it extensively. On its own it's OK, can't really say it's OP or broken, all you need mostly is for the target to bleep once on your Map. Bleeping once in a while is enough to go get them. Again if it weren't for Awareness I'd consider picking this, potentially even over Sensor Shield.
    Thermal Reduction
    • Two things here : Give me back my Thermal Vision and Night Vision Certs from EVERYWHERE! Crap cost me 200 on each Vehicle! Second, I like it but I wouldn't take it over any of the others I was positive about, so far. Especially not over Awareness. One last thing, I noticed this is "Infantry Only", does this mean other Implants carry their benefits to the person's VEHICLES?! Are we serious!? SOE are you serious, you want to do it this way?
    Clear Vision
    • Cool, but no thanks.
    EMP Shielding
    • Less cool, EMP is pathetic. No thanks.
    EOD HUD
    • Give me back my AI Mines Certs. No wait, as TR it's like the other 2 Factions already have these. No matter then, nothing to read, proceed.
  18. dvizer

This needs to be taken off the list. Its a killcam via the stealth implementation method.

Awareness
    • Auto-spots enemies who damage or kill you.
    • Auto-spots enemies that you damage.
    NO THANKS
    It removes skill i.e flanking an enemy and rewards idiots who have this equiped
    • Up x 2
  19. Being@RT

It means you can buy the batteries directly, no RNG involved.

And I think this is important to emphasize since people haven't trashed the idea for it yet:

So, not only is the system still consumable (through batteries), but they've also introduced the concept of random lockboxes ala Korean MMOs.

Gambling is good for monetization, but I really really really really really don't ******* want it in PS2.
  20. Zagareth

Do I get that right: Instead of "buying/acquiring" implants all the time to have a persistant buff, you now have to "buy/acquire" batteries to power your favourite implant(s)... you can get implants by random "drops/sales/whatever" but then you are definitely forced to power them with bought batteries (certs/SC)?

1. Step: get a random implant from any scource
    2. Step: choose one as your favourite implant
    3. Step: place the implant in the right spot
    4. Step: Buy a battery with certs(?) or SC to power the implant for a limited amount of time for a temporary and specific buff
    Step 4 reminds me to the in game boosts:
    Want more XP and/or rescources over a certain and limited time? Buy a boost!
    Want a specific buff over a certain and limited time? Buy a battery! ( = constant drain of certs or SC during the time of your buff)
    Well, SOE has all rights to make money with its game... and we have all rights to dislike certain business models. Personally, I'll judge it later when it will be released...
    • Up x 1