[Suggestion] Implant ot see infilths

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ConradHorse, Jul 28, 2015.

1. ConradHorse

Just a loose thought, the lvl of the implant would increase their visibility. On lvl 4 the cloaked infiltrator would shine as a friendly one (or in a flashlight)
  2. Jac70

I main Infiltrator and this seems like a decent idea. When I am playing Inf I do sometimes feel that it is easy mode, the ability to hide makes things so much easier - allows you to move around with much more impunity.

Only issue with you idea IMO is that the Inf would need some indication that the opponent is using this implant. With the Darklight the Inf is warned because he can see the beam. I think it would be too OP if the Inf was unaware that this ability was being used.
  3. Sharkasaur

okay, if you give the stalkers an implant that drains enemy HA overshields when looked upon, we'll call it a deal. On lvl 4 the HA would have its normal shields drained as well.
    • Up x 4
  4. CorporationUSA

I think you need to make a case for why such a thing is needed.
    • Up x 2
  5. Villanuk

Or use a EMP nade?
  6. Ronin Oni

EMP nades and darklight flashlights are your friend.

We don't need an implant for this.
    • Up x 3
  7. Konstantinn

Within short distance, same distance and effect as flashlight only 360 degree it wouldn't be bad.

Or time limited implant like in PS1 where you activate and for short time while you have energy (like HA shield duration) you can see infils.
  8. Zeiban

Ha, ha, ha... no. INFs already have enough counters to the cloak already. Why do you need more?
  9. FieldMarshall

Wouldnt this be a blatant p2w implant?
    I mean, the lvl4 one you are suggesting makes cloaked infils easier to see than normal infantry...
    • Up x 1
  10. ezaroo

If you give me the implant to hide from thermals we were meant to have but was deemed op against tankers you couldn't leave farm mode for a second to make sure they didn't get C4ed...

Then we can talk about it, however your idea is stupid and would either never be used or cause no one to ever use infiltrator. Perhaps that is your goal? Did you get shot in the back by an smg? Here's a hint, if you bet shot in the back no implant will save you... You got flanked and out played, the same player probably could have got behind you as a max...
  11. Exitus Acta Probat

Only if there is a implant to obscure darklight and "your" implant idea with rank 4 being total invisibilty to darklight
  12. Dualice

So essentially, what you're asking for is an implant that renders an entire classes' primary means of effective operation useless?
  13. Necron

I would take it... as long as body shots from BASR killed from any range...
  14. Jubikus

More counters for something that doesn't work against experienced players anyways do to trained eyes and a loud sound when used the class already has 100 less shield baseline than the other WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!
  15. Takara

No thanks.
  16. Goretzu

Far too P2W.

The Darklight has some drawbacks, this does not (other than being unable to take another powerful Implant such as Sensor Shield).
  17. MarkAntony

Use your eyes. Infils are easy to spot unless they are crouched and then guess what? you aren't supposed to see them easily.

i wouldn't. first it would make BASRs into boring easymode and second it would nerf the hell out of any other infil playstyle than sniping. and the infil community gets enough flack for supposedly only sniping as it is.
  18. stalkish

What OP wants:
    Planetside 1 darklight

^Scroll to 6:48
    As you can see your view range when active is severly limited making you an easier target for ranged attacks, the toggleability somewhat negates this. Any cloaker within this range is lit up.

However, you will see in this vid also the reason why we had such a darklight implant, the cloaker could cloak permanently, was completely invisible when crouched and still, and could shoot while cloaked. It was however permanently restricted to a sidearm only.

I dont think this level of darklight is needed in PS2 due to the unclock to fire, not complete invisiblity even in deep cloak, and the limited span of the hunter cloakers cloak.
  19. breeje

this implant already exist, it's called look at your screen you dumb ****
    • Up x 1
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

while we're at it, give me an implant that protects me against headshots. getting tired of being one-shotted by longrange sniper campers with no skills

/s
    • Up x 1