Implant Feedback: main offenders

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Liewec123, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Liewec123

just my opinions on the new Implants, i'll try not to make it too long!
    what is good, what is bad and what i think should change :)
    ofcourse this is simply my opinion and everyone is welcome to post their own aswell! :D

the good:
    (things that feel about right)

Safefall
    since it had the elimination of fall damage was removed it feels like Safefall is in a good spot,
    the reduction in vehicle collision damage is an interesting addition.
    (curious to know if this effects damage your vehicle would take or just as infantry.)

Safeguard
    a very interesting idea, could be extremely effective if it stacks with other damage reductions like nanoweave.

Sweeper HUD
    this will be a vehicle/maxes best friend, nothing more to say!
    if i could i would roll the old "Marker" implant into it,
    since Marker doesn't seem to have a place in the new system.

Battle Hardened
    another well rounded implant.

Counter-Intelligence
    it seems like it could be very powerful, i'm looking forward to seeing it on live.

Focus
    well rounded and a snipers best friend!

Vampire
    the addition of now effecting side arms is a good move, i can see this becoming a favourite with stalkers.

the bad:
    (things that feel like they might need changes)

Ammo Printer
    it feels OK but 60 seconds feels a little too long,
    also it currently isn't taking Extended Magazines into account.
    it'd be cool if we could equip 2.

Assimilate
    if i could change it i'd reduce the shield restoration amount but make it apply to all kills, not just headshots.
    currently too good for FPS gods, not very useful for regulars.

Regeneration
    the passive is useful as it is,
    but as with Assimilate if i could change it i'd make the proc effect apply to all kills, not just headshots.
    proc effect currently too good for FPS gods, not very useful for regulars.

the ugly:
    (things that feel like they need huge changes)

Cat-like
    The 10% sprint speed increase is good,
    but the removal of crouched movement penalty is a huge no-no!
    perhaps remove Safe-fall and roll it into Cat-like, without the crouch speed increase.
    Cat-like would now increase sprint speed and reduce fall damage.

Minor Cloak
    this one is the worst offender, stealth for everyone is a very bad idea.
    it needs to change completely from stealth, perhaps make it work like the old "Sensor Shield".
    removing the player from auto detection radar,
    perhaps also making construction auto turrets and Spitfires take slightly longer to aquire the player as a target.
    or even "while crouch walking you do not trigger enemy proximity mines"
    if a rework is too difficult or out of the question, i'd recommend simply removing Minor-Cloak.

also allow me to say, great work on this new system,
    the removal of implant energy was a fantastic decision
    i really look forward to seeing the new implants hit live! :D
    • Up x 3
  2. MaDiv

Could you please link the appropriate post concerning the safeguard implant? Cannot find it anywhere :(
  3. MaDiv

Nvm, I really need some glasses. Missed the in-text addition of the implant.
  4. MonnyMoony

Minor cloak and catlike in their current form are terrible ideas.

Minor cloak essentially gives hunter cloak infils - stalker cloaking for free. Couple this with ammo printer and it makes snipers self sufficient and able to hide undetected almost indefinitely. Also - cloaked engies with AV mines hiding out undetected at enemy base vehicle pads :rolleyes: Minor cloak has the potential to add so much cheese to this game it's unreal.

Catlike. I quite like the idea of a buff to running movement speed, but the removal of speed penalty for crouching is a really bad idea. A lot of people will equip this so that their hit box is reduced and knife wielding stalker infils will become much more common since their movement penalty for crouching to avoid sensor darts will be gone.

IMO - a better idea for catlike would be that as well as the running speed buff - it should also allow you to climb hills with a greater incline (essentially giving you more traction) and perhaps allow you to jump a little further/higher - all of these things are 'cat like' qualities. This would make more of the map available to non-LA classes without being cheesy. It would also still give LA a role in scaling near vertical walls, chasms and trees.
    • Up x 3
  5. Liewec123

yep, as the title suggestions i originally planned to talk just about those two "main offenders",
    but then i had thoughts about the other implants and decided to talk about them all, forgot to change the title XD

yeah i think cloak simply needs rmoving if they can't think of a different function before the push to live,
    i like your idea for cat-like, like you i love the speed bonus but think the removal of crouch speed penalty is a really bad idea,
    walking up inclines and boosting jump sounds cool but i'm not sure how easy it would be to implement
    i suggested simply rolling slowfall into the sprint speed increase for a cat-like implant :)
  6. Eternaloptimist

I'm not on PTS so haven't tried it. But I thought recon dart and motion sensor detection was based on the speed you moved at, so doesn't a catlike infil scutlling around like a fast crab still show up?
  7. Violence777

Not in its current form.
    Catlike removes the "Penalty" for moving crouched. That doesnt mean you can sprint while crouched, just that you can move at normal walking speed while crouched. Note: under normal walking speed a cloaked infiltrator is still invisible to motion detection. Unless I am mistaken, of course.
    • Up x 2