[Suggestion] Implant and Class name idea (non-controversial i promise)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Sep 8, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

ok, so i had a brilliant idea today in physics class

currently, as far as i can tell, implants are gained by....pretty much random stuff.....sometimes it seems like you get stuff for doing specific things...but normally its random....

my idea is to tie implants into the type of facility and the name of the facility. for example, if you fulfill X criteria while fighting at a biolab, you have a higher chance of getting a regen implant, if you fight at an armory, you have a higher chance of getting a rangefinder or something and so on and so forth.

might be an interesting way to solve the problem of aquisition that some people, like my brother is having with implants

my other idea is to rename default names of the Classes to be faction specifc, i got this idea from another thread that actually had to do with nerfing the medic...but i think it could be fun to call the VS medic the "Necromancer" since it fits with their theme...here are some other names i thought of

VS heavy: Knight
    VS infil: scout
    VS engineer: architect

NC Heavy: blitzer
    NC infil: Raider
    NC: Engineer: mechanic
    NC medic: "Doc"

TR heavy: Juggernaut
    TR infil: Commando

the ones i left out i dont feel need to be changed.....or i couldnt think of a name for them.
    • Up x 1
  2. AdmiralArcher

any thoughts people?
  3. Verviedi

Why not?
  4. zombielores

Like the NC medic, "Doc" just has that corporate feel to it like their not all telling you everything.
  5. AdmiralArcher

its also more colloquial and down to earth like the NC are suppose to be, i figured they should be named something that fits more along the lines of being an actual rebel group
    • Up x 1
  6. zombielores

When you say "Doc" (pretend I'm doing the quotation mark with my hands) it kinda sounds questionable, I'm just saying and it's my opinion but yes I would like default names changed to something other then load out 1 or 2.
  7. AdmiralArcher

this will be the name of the actual class, not the loadout

you could call the NC medics just...medics, and then call the TR medics Corpsmen if that is better
  8. AdmiralArcher

shameless bump for more opinions
  9. Ronin Oni

Uhm

Implants should feel random I hope considering that's exactly how it works.

Every so many XP ticks & XP gain (need both ticks and overall combined XP between them) you get charger or implant.

I think those 2 alternate.

When you get an implant, it's a totally random roll for what you get.

To get what you want you can combine any 3 implants to get a new one of the same tier, or 5 to get one of the next tier.

The entire system of what you get is based around being random...
  10. AdmiralArcher

it would still be random, but you would just have a higher chance of getting a specific one based on where you fight

im talking about like....tiny precentages

it would probably still be random