I'm sorry, but are you ******* kidding me?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by LanceHavenbay, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Kcalehc

Don't wait till you get right up against the sundy to click to place the first block. Start the click when you're a couple of metres away running towards, or dropping down on it. By the time your arthritic C4 arm is actually tossing it, you'll be close enough. That 1 second you save may make the difference.
  2. blzbug

Or due to the janky C4 animations, that 1 second may cause your C4 to plop on the ground near the ams instead of right on it. Now you've wasted your trip and probably wasted your 100 resources as well. You can try to go back for more, but if you die...goodbye C4 and 100 resources that arbitrarily despawn into the ether.

If SOE wants to make my C4 magically despawn when I die, then make 100 resources magically reappear in my account...

One of the early responders in the thread was boasting about how they're flush with resources. That's nice for you. If you happen to be in the SW corner of Indar (currently the NC), you have really schitty infantry income. Unless you hold Allatum, which is always under contention. With no Allatum, you get about +22 inf resources. It takes 20 minutes to earn 1 brick of C4 at that rate. Wasting C4 due to missed tosses or death-despawns is frustrating and economically painful. SOE needs to either refund the resources or let C4 stay with no ownership (can't detonate). Changing C4 to a fast animation wouldn't hurt either.
  3. InterSpectra

Guys, hey guys! I think I found out why we toss C-4 so bad:

4. Flashtirade

i blame vanu
  5. blzbug

Maybe we need an "Improve Wrist Strength" suit upgrade? Having said that, the vanu made a pretty good toss in that video.

I never see tanks with top armor. I wonder if that saves them from 2xC4?
  6. InterSpectra

No, I didn't include it in the video as it wasn't the highlight, but the tank promptly blew up afterwards. Vanguard shield would've saved it though.

I also have my Skyguard lightning with top armor, made sense to do so.
  7. Zeekez

This, and learning how it flies. It takes almost a full second to "throw"
    For instance in this video I clicked to throw the moment the sundy turned towards me, sure it's a risk but hey it's only 100 resources and I have 30+ of them if you keep up on it.

And once you get the "feel" down you can really do some damage

8. belthazor3457

Oh, can I ask for stuff related to C4 in this thread?

More. Give me more of it. Let me carry 4 at once. Will make me a very happy camper. But if you do that THEN give me the icarus jumpjets and also get a carbine weapon cert that lets me shoot through aircraft window glass, I will love you long time.

Pleeeeeez SOE? Pretty please with sugar on top? Moar C4? Utility belt? WE'RE THE MOST NERFED CLASS IN THE GAME!! =*(**

• Up x 5
  9. NaySayer

I just wish they let the damn things work. I have to always press the trigger 5-10 times.
    • Up x 1
  10. InterSpectra

Explosions, more explosions!

11. WookLordz

I also suffer from this issue. Sometimes I have to press my mouse button 3-4 times to toss the c4, and I know that we're not the only ones.
  12. WookLordz

"user error" lol. OK. The only thing less reliable than tossing your C4 brick when you click your mouse, is warping between continents during an alert when you click the warp button.
    • Up x 1
  13. Wolfwood82

There is a rule of development called the 1/10th of a second rule. If the player doesn't receive some kind of feedback that his command is being carried out within 1/10th of a second, they typically spazz out and repeatedly hit the button.

You'll notice the same thing at cross walks, person walks up and pushes the button, sometimes more then once because nothing changes so they have to make sure that their button push takes. Compare that to pushing an elevator button, the light immediately turns on around the button and you get that satisfied feeling that your command is immediately being carried out.

So really the easiest fix to this situation is to create an immediate and obvious effect that triggers right after you click to toss the C4. The current animation is far to subtle, your arm disappears for a moment and eventually comes out with a block of C4. Some beeps or some other audible noise when the button is pushed would go a long way towards fixing that eternity feeling.
    • Up x 1
  14. ZEPLN

But you can get used to the click spam and still reliably deploy C4. Unless you lack the ability to adapt. In which case, I kind of feel sorry for you, and yay Darwinism!

I'm not saying the function isn't broken, but when has forum QQ ever solved anything in this game? Just adapt to it for the time-being until it gets patched. I hope C4 is in the light assault revamp tbh.
  15. WookLordz

Ummmm.... yeah. Was I complaining, no, I was making a joke, which apparently went way over your head.
  16. ZEPLN

You didn't make a joke. If you call that a joke, I pity you.

You made an accurate observation which I agree with. Get off my back bro.
  17. LanceHavenbay

The delay is programmed in. It is working as intended, even if it is a pain sometimes.
  18. LanceHavenbay

I'd like to see a thrust pack. Like, a super jump pack. Shoots you super high up and a guaranteed safe landing upon next surface touch. However it recharged slow, etc.
  19. LanceHavenbay

I got the joke. :)
    • Up x 1