I'm OK with the Saron but...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyridius, May 25, 2013.

1. Cyridius

Yeah, OK, after the first Saron buff it was buffed again. I don't care really, but if we're going to give VS a weapon like that make it so it doesn't one-shot infantry and reduce/remove the damn Splash Damage. It's an anti-vehicle weapon, and it was mostly confined to that role/a sniping infantry role due to the charge/one shot mechanic, now you can just spray concentrations of infantry and profit.

Keep it's AV capacity, but lower the infantry killing capacity. The Vulcan can't do this.

EDIT; I forgot about the Enforcer, it's just as bad as the Saron aswell.
    • Up x 2
  2. Nyscha

The enforcer can do this and the vulcan can do this to infantry but it does it even better against vehicles.
    Ever been shredded by one in a lightning?
  3. Ganelon

The Vulcan can't do this to infantry, it's also nowhere near as good as the current Saron and Enforcer.
  4. Nyscha

5. Edenwolf

Not at range, no. But the fact still remains, enforcer also 1 shots infantry, and another anti vehicle weapon does as well, the halberd. Also the saron will not 1 shot someone with full armor certs.
  6. Cyridius

That was before it was nerfed, and that's against a vehicle. I'm talking about infantry.

I know this is a big ask, but read before vomiting onto the keyboard.
  7. TeknoBug

^ LOL old video
  8. Nyscha

Still does the same thing on my prowler which is why I keep it on my prowler.
    The instagib minigun.
  9. Cyridius

Yup, I totally forgot about the Enforcer changes, I'm gonna edit my OP.
  10. disky00

I don't know if it was. I just tried the thing out on the Harasser and it is insane. Completely shreds air and ground.
    • Up x 1
  11. Edenwolf

I think it was the cone of fire increase, reducing its effectiveness at long range, close to medium it still shreds teh **** out of every thing.
  12. Izriul

If you want to 1 shot infantry, use the marauder. The vulcan has the highest DPS by a long shot against vehicles, and it's a fine weapon.

I actually own all 3, Vulcan, HRB and ML85. The HRB is alright but it's not what people paid for, nor is the ML85.

The vulcan is my favourite to use by far, and it's not that bad against infantry especially if you burst it, when you just hold your finger down on it the CoF grows and grows, so don't hold your finger down on it.

Nothing beats the vulcan for it's pure DPS, you have to get in close, but you have a fast tank for that. The HRB doesn't do it's big burst like before, and if you start hearing plinks on your tank, move behind cover, before a 1/2 Mag could shoot it's main then jump to the HRB and do a 1500 shot, which is a lot of burst damage. It seems like you're whining for the sake of whining. Yes, it's better against infantry now, but if you want to go pure infantry farming, again, use the marauder. The PPAII is still crap and the marauder or vulcan is better so should we be calling nerf to one of those because of the PPA too?
  13. Cyridius

With the recent changes it no longer wins on DPS.
  14. Cyridius

Cone of Fire and damage/ROF adjustments. It was significantly changed.

It can't kill any infantry unless they're standing totally still. People underestimate the Vulcan's COF, if I'm right not to a building I wont be able to kill somebody standing on a balcony next to me.
  15. NoctD

The Vulcan is getting redesigned like the Saron/Enforcer - its not going to be the same Vulcan after that. Good or bad we'll see when its done.
  16. Zenanii

I guess this is to buff tanks and give them a fighting chance against the heavy influx of new AV weaponry. P2W at its finest.
  17. Ganelon

Let me guess, you tried it in the VR on stationary targets?

Nice try, but no.
  18. DashRendar

This is flinch nerf all over again. Enforcer and Saron were straight inferior to the Vulcan since forever, now they're more even. And the Vulcan just got an additional buff which it didn't ever need in the first place, it's still a ground mounted Tank Buster. Yeah balance sucks huh.