I'm normally pretty chill about this game, but...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, May 27, 2020.

1. adamts01

F*** Bastions during off hours

F*** Spitfire spam

F*** Orbital spam

You can't fix this mess soon enough.
    • Up x 8
  2. MichaelMoen

Yeah, oh yeah, and I can imagine yeah but haven't really encountered them being spammed.

I was even singled out by a Bastion once. Was in a Sunderer with a Ranger, trying to hide under trees on Amerish and still kept getting plonked by it's Daltons. I don't know for sure but to this day I still believe that some players purposefully play on potato settings which removes all foliage, so there's no point in cover.

And oh yeah the Spitfire spam is insane. I've seen point rooms with about 6 or 8 of them.
  3. Johannes Kaiser

Gotten so far that this night i actually had a dream about a base defended by 1 Engi and dozens of spitfires. :p
    • Up x 2
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

Maybe it's the server I'm on or the times that I play, but I have never seen the Spitfire spam people have been talking about. More of them? Sure, but never whole rooms full of them like people have been sharing pictures of.

Orbitals are annoying, but manageable. In an hour/hour and a half session if I die twice to one it's a lot. I honestly think I get more frustrated by teammates "helping" than by the enemy's. Nothing worse than pressing up to an enemy-held building only to have some brainlet drop a strike on it and blow us all to hell while the other team sits inside and laughs at us.

Uncontested Bastions are really, really frustrating. It sucks to have an otherwise good and even fight killed by one. Found out last night that if they get positioned well they can shut down multiple bases while barely having to move. I don't know how effective the Colossus is going to be at deterring them but I'm interested to see how it changes things.
    • Up x 1
  5. Johannes Kaiser

I've not seen stuff like the worst spam pictures either, think the maximum I can remember is ~6 in one room.
    OS spam has decresed noticably since they cam out, again based on personal experience. Sometimes they are used in a smart way, sometimes they are just TK-machines.
    Bastions are in the odd spot - as exemplified by something I saw yesterday - where they can decide and/or kill a fight, but as soon as the enemy has a spawn inside (Router, usually) and they all just lock down the point room, there's little that gets them out of there and the bastion is completely useless (while the pilot on that way later was like "did what I could, you infantry should have been better". Granted, he did what he could (which is, in this case, nothing other than a few TKs, heard for a while he shot at our spawn), but defending Xelas North with 30 people while you got about the same number of opponents sitting neatly stacked on the point isn't really an option thanks in part to them doing a very good job and in part due to base layout. So, in essence, they can kil sh*t, but beyond that they are utterly useless, unless the captrue point just so happens to be an open air playing field (which most aren't).
  6. Liewec123

my problem with spitfire spam isn't because there are rooms filled with them either,
    but purely because they are freaking EVERYWHERE,
    i like to take the time to flank and attack from angles that the enemy might not expect,
    that just isn't possible now, every corner you turn, every ledge you look over *BEEP BEEP!*
    spitfires are freaking everywhere, you simply can't flank anymore.

my problem with bast@rdions and OS spam is far more simple, it ruins the game.
    you're trying to play a tactical FPS game and some noob is right clicking the minimap to nuke the entire base,
    get that c%%p outta here.
    • Up x 2
  7. KhlorosTesero

To be fair, its really generous to say this is a "Tactical" FPS, im not saying you cant use tacticas, but the game is very much a slug fest more so then tactical. I personally dont have an issue with OS or even bastions as a concept, the issue i do have with them is how they actually work. Personally i dont think they should destory anything or even damage anything thats inside but they do, also the fact they fling you out of existence is a horrible mechanic.

Bastions i dont have a problem with other then i wish there was a way for troops to engage the basition to either weaken it or destory it, kinda like in BF2142 where you could board the bastion equivalent and destroy it from the inside.
    • Up x 1
  8. NotziMad

That's true, but :

a) that isn't what the game was intended to be
    b) it's moved from tactical sandbox to arcade shoot em up over the past two years, more or less since SOE changed name.

The game was supposed to cater to different playstyles, managing to make them "cohabitate". Today ... not so much.
    • Up x 2
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

I've taken a break. No point in getting wound up about it.
  10. Liewec123

yeah thats my main gripe with bastions, they're pretty much invincible and they know it,
    every primetime they go to the biggest fight between the other 2 factions and they just farm hundred of kills,
    that c%%p wouldn't happen if we could actually take them down.

and when you come back wrel will have added the ground equivalent of Bastion, Colossus,
    another thing to ruin fights XD
    • Up x 1
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

I think any time I come back to this game I just expect disappointment. I don't expect my next return to be any different.

Bug-filled disappointment and yet more content that makes me leave for another 3 months. I don't even remember the last time I spent money on this game. I just haven't had any reason to anymore.

For the past few years now, I leave for 3-4 months, play for a few weeks or months, leave for a while... rinse and repeat. I just get so burnt out.

I really want to enjoy it. It's my favourite game... but bastions and OS that I can't at least have some counter to, after a while the frustration just piles up and the game becomes unfun.
    • Up x 2
  12. Liewec123

i hear you, its so incredibly frustrating.
    someone said in game yesterday (while an NC bastion was hovering over our VS/TR fight far away from NC territory, melting everything with impunity.)
    "Bastions are the worst decision DBG ever made"
    but i had to correct them, WREL is the worst decision that DBG ever made.
    all of this fight ruining c%%p is just the symptom of hiring
    an idiot youtuber with no game industry experience to be your freaking LEAD DEVELOPER.

they need to boot him out already, he's done enough damage,
    get Higby back in to fix the mess that the youtuber has caused!
    [IMG]
    "FU Bastions!"
    • Up x 2
  13. Villainous Hydrosa

Good news on the horizon:

Colossal tanks are anti-bastion, and multiple can be pulled at a time, so if your outfit has some available, you cap person tell said bastion to f*** off!

Your prayers have been heard! They're gonna replace the aux spitfire with a deployable that reduces explosive damage, simultaneously removing spitfire spam AND reducing the threat of HESH spam!

Nothing on OS' though. I personally with they'd increase the time it takes to make them, or the time between uses.
  14. KhlorosTesero

Honestly i still hate the idea of bastions AND the idea of the new tank. Its only being added to benifit a very small group of people in the game, outfits and the pople that are granted access to use them. Overall, as a player that just likes to hop in and gun people down. I have not used anything that was provided in the escelation update, and proably wont use anything in the tank update either. Because i wont be able to even access it. Both of these ideas are freaking stupid.
  15. Blam320

"Very small group of people."

I'm fairly damn sure that solo players are the minority in Planetside; most people play in Outfits.

As for you not being able to use Bastions and Colossi on account of being solo... well... too bad. Join and Outfit and play the game like it's meant to be played. They might not cater to your specific playstyle, but that doesn't automatically make them "stupid." It just means another aspect of play - and at that, an aspect that's largely been ignored since launch - is finally getting attention.
    • Up x 1