I'm in two minds about spawn at WG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Eternaloptimist

Since we automatically log in to the WG every time I now pull LA (for getting out of trouble fast) and then hit "Join Combat" so I let the game choose where I go. I have found that there is a certain fun factor in just being parachuted into something without pre-selection and in playing more LA. But it results in one of three things:
    • Sometimes I get into a really good fight I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have chosen under the old system:) ;
    • unfortunately I also spawn all too often to a Sundy that is just about to be overrun/blown up or to a fight where my faciton is hopelessly outnumbered and quickly mopped up:mad:;
    • other times I don't join combat at all, just emerge at a nearby base - there appears to be no drop pod function ensuring you get straight into a fight:confused:.
    Yes, I could press Redeploy but for one death it doesn't often give any better choice of spawn locations than before, so I thought I'd embrace the change and do something different.

How does anyone else find the new spawn on log in system?
  2. Erendil

I hate it. It was a stupid change that wastes time for anyone who doesn't want to pull a vehicle from the WG as soon as they login.

Before, when you logged in you'd get a nice selection of spawn locations, many of which were along the front lines where decent fights were going on. And if you wanted to pull a vehicle from the WG you could spawn in right away and go pull one.

But now, if you don't want to pull a vehicle from the WG, you have to hit redploy right away, which wastes time. And then, all of your spawn locations are near your WG, so if there's no fighting there, you have no good spawn options. If you wait you might get a decent "Needs Reinforcement" location, but otherwise your only options to get to a good fight are:
    • Join Combat, which is completely random and could spawn you at a great fight or a terrible one. Or no fight at all. And maybe not even on your current cont.
    • Pull a vehicle and drive/fly halfway across the cont to get to a fight
    • Redploy skip across the map, which will likely require a half-dozen or more redeploys before you get to where you want to be.
    tl'dr: it saves you one mouse double-click and one spawn loading screen if you want to pull a vehicle from the WG. For anyone else, it adds a bunch of time wasters before getting to a fight, up to 1-2mins depending.
    • Up x 2
  3. LordKrelas

Whenever I logged in, 50% chance I was at a ghost cap, or near dead fight, or on hossin for either of those.

Warpgate login, means you don't have to redeploy, if you logged in for your outfit, or squad, or if you just logged in, do you have to worry about being on the literal wrong side of the map, if you even spawned on the right continent.
  4. Liewec123

this!^ QFT!

they spawn you at the WG so you need to waste half of your resources (if you even have the resources) simply to get to the fight,
    or spend a good while redeploying repeatedly if you're like me and don't give a duck about KDR :p

DBG seem to love making us jump through unnecessary hoops simply to play the game,
    first they gave us artificial queues, trapping people in the VR for minutes before letting them play,
    and now if they're lucky enough to not get dumped in VR they're dumped at the WG instead!

are they trying to convince people not to bother?
  5. CutieG

The warpgate thing is both good and bad.
    It's really good to give more of an MMO feel. You jump in and see people preparing to fight and can interact and stuff.
    It's bad if you just want to get fighting ASAP.

What really annoys me, though, is redeploying from VR, because you cannot select your loadout when you do that.
  6. JobiWan

I don't mind it because I generally join a squad when I log in and I can hit insert and deploy near the squad lead. I don't get the need for the change though, seems pointless, especially when so many other stuff needs fixing.