I'm going to Auraxium my first weapon !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bonom Denej, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Bonom Denej

In less than a 100 kills... And as a VS HA it is obviously the amazing Orion.

I mainly play HA (59% of the time, from Dasanfall stats), almost exclusively with the Orion and I'm "only" getting my Auraxium on this weapon being BR38. I actually though I would get my first Auraxium at a much lower level...

So I wondered : When did you guys actually earned your first Auraxium on a weapon ? Was it also around BR40 ? To people using XP boosts I bet it's even at a much higher ranks isn't it ?
  2. Nody

My first was much higher BR but I classjumped a lot at the start so I had three (Medic Assault rifle I can't remember name off, SVA88 and an auto shotty) which came relatively close together (i.e. with in 10 BRs). It's also very dependent on game play; I spent several BRs playing as support medic, I healed a lot, I ressed a lot but I sure did not kill a lot!
    • Up x 1
  3. Turkeys!

I still haven't. Skill level terribad =**(
  4. Plunutsud pls

Would have probably had my first for the Phaseshift already on Ceres, but got bored after 400 kills and switched to medic for a while.

Still no aurax on either char.
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

Hm. My first auraxium is TRAC 5S with UBGL as Light Assault. Can't remember the BR, but it was quite late. I jumped between classes and different weapons a lot, because I wanted to explore all possible playstyles, to ensure that I'm not missing out on anything, and know how my enemies think / what their equipment can do.

That, and I'm an impulsive guy. I often get this flare "OMG T5 AMC is so good at range I'm gonna be a sniper LA headshotting all day every day", buy the gun, then get bored after 100 kills. Then get another flare "OMG Lynx is so good at close range I'm gonna spray lead all day every day", buy the gun, ....

Rinse and repeat :rolleyes:
    Only recently I kinda acquired that auraxium quest, and the number of purple medals in my sig started to grow.
    • Up x 3
  6. Bonom Denej

I did try all other classes. Medic is not interesting to me and I play engi when pulling out a Lightning or a Scythe because it makes sense to be able to repair.

As soon as I'm done with the Orion I'm probably going to go for the NS-15M LMG (which I got in the cheap bundle during Steam Sales). I've only played a few minutes with this weapon but damn, it's good to be able to kill medium and long range (something the Orion can't do that well). I also will probably play way more with the Lasher now. Ever since I'm at 800 kills with my Orion I really focused on the Orion on my HA to get the Auraxium as quickly as possible as a goal. I'm bored with this weapon I must say. Especially when playing against NC, I feel powerless at range X_x. If it wasn't for the NS-15M I would have unlocked the SVA-88 instead.
  7. Nody

NS-15M is nice for VS; it lacks the close range punch of Orion though so be warned for that (I auraxiumed it a few months ago; actually working on doing the Orion atm for my HA). The Lasher I'd park in the "funzies" department and seriously not try to auraxium or you'll rage quit the game :p
    • Up x 1
  8. Vikingo

GD7F in my upper 40ies I believe or perhaps early 50ies, haven't used it since. But as others I changed a lot between classes and still do.
    • Up x 1
  9. Clay

Wow you auraxiumed a weapon.

[IMG]

Please also tell us what you had for lunch today and what pets you have.
    • Up x 1
  10. Titan6

30 more kills until my Orion Auraxium. I used to jump between classes a lot, but now I'm sticking with just the VS Heavy because I have more fun that way.

I've also just about given up on my NC character.
    • Up x 1
  11. DrPapaPenguin

Actually, I can't even remember which was my first auraxium. I think it was the Sabr-13, at roughly ranks 45-50.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ribero

Cut the guy some slack you big meanie :p
    • Up x 6
  13. Horrida Messor

I don't remember actual BR I got my first Auraxium, (probably around 35). It was VA39 Spectre. Now I'm BR 49 and almost got my 3rd one - Ghost (only 21 kill to go). I play almost exclusively as Infiltrator thou.
    • Up x 1
  14. AnnArborBuck

I am BR 99 and have yet to auraxium anything. I enjoy jumping between game play styles too much. I drive all of the vehicles, play all of the classes, etc. Playing the same way for even an hour would bore me, the thrill of Planetside for myself is the vast amount of play styles and things you can do. In any one setting of playing (hour to two) I'll use at least 5 to 7 guns and probably pilot/drive 4 or 5 different vehicles with different loadouts (AP, Skyguard, HE for example). With my membership resources aren't an issue so if I am bored with a AP lightning i'll just kamakazi or simple dump it and pull something else.

TLDR - I play the game to have fun, not grind and auraxium any one weapon

Carpel tunnel is also getting the best of me so I can't always react as I would like so my gun play isn't what it used to be when I was a machine on Counter Strike.
    • Up x 1
  15. JorgeSarcos

I was around BR70 when i got my first Auraxium, my problem was that i bought a lot of weapons with SC early so i wanted to use those instead, but between BR 70 and BR 73 ive got 3 Auraxiums and have 3 other weapons halfway there :p and several others waiting to be even started with :D

PD: Also i always play support first, so most of my time in game is not always killing people.
    • Up x 1
  16. ronjahn

I believe my first was about BR 30 or so. It was with the HEAT lightning. I loved that cannon so much.

I now have over 20 purple medals :)

Easiest: Viper Lightning before it got changed.

Hardest: Razor(NC Carbine that I simply couldnt get the hang of) or Fury harasser(not because of the weapon, but I challenged myself to do it solo without anyone driving me around)
    • Up x 1
  17. Ohmlink

I just auraxiumed the SVA-88 a week ago at BR 61, but I have about 7 weapons with at least 700 kills a piece, I just use a lot of different weapons.
  18. oberchingus

I auraxiumed my Dalton before the first Liberator nerf of 2014.

And I had tuna and quiche for lunch today.
  19. NC supporter

This isn't really gameplay discussion but it is off topic.
  20. Bonom Denej

Wow, so that's how being BR100 is ? Cynical and dull ? I'm greatful that I don't plan to play for that long.

Yeah I can agree, but the Off Topic forum is kind of a ghost town. Many threads that are in the Gameplay discussion aren't gameplay related. If mods feel the need to they'll move the thread.

Wow, did you play tanker since your first BR ?

Don't be mistaken by my thread I also play for fun, it's just that since the Orion pretty much fitted all my need when playing this game. When I noticed I had 800 kills on it I just set a goal to myself to switch to an other weapon only once I've auriaxum'd it. If I wasn't having fun with the Orion I would have switched already... I'm kinda bored with it but it's a beast of a weapon and I enjoy every kill. I realize that "bored" is probably not the best term to use here actually, but I think you'll understand what I mean.

So yeah, I'm glad to get those feedback, I didn't really know if there was a "norm" for this.