I'm glad someone's having fun.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naejin, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Naejin

Playing as TR, Running with my squad last night, trying to hold a generator while it overloads. Suddenly a VS infiltrator shows up, telporting around and moving through the walls, and kills the entire squad. We redeploy. I'm at the terminal changing my load out and I get killed by a VS LMG throuigh the spawn room sheilds. Redeploy and pull a tank. Tank is C4'd by a TR Light assault. (No enemy in sight.)

Hacks, bad game mechanics, 4th Factioning? Seriously, what's the difference? The end result is the same. Bad Game Experience.
  2. T0x1s

Probably just Higby playing around
    • Up x 3
  3. Captain Kid

I've seen the teleporting, I think it is some kind of lag.
    Oddly they have no issue killing people while lagging like that..

There is also A LOT of speed issues; all of a sudden players moving very fast for half a second. Like the server is catching up or something.

On top of that now emerald has high ping issues making these issues even worse.
  4. DQCraze

It's not lag the hacking at late night is real and obvious. I'm not talking aimbot, I'm talking about visible ground clipping and stuff like galaxies flying through the sky at warp speed ramming everything. The chat lights up with complaints, reports go out. Happens pretty frequently. When 1 guy can hold a platoon off a cap point for 30 min plus to the point where people bail, you know something is up.
    • Up x 1
  5. Salojin

I do not say this sarcastically, but, tweet about it.

SOE does not respond to their forums as much as they do Reddit or Twitter, let alone their own in-game reports. If you want to have this issue quickly addressed, you would need to 'tweet' about it.

If that sounds like a poor management option, you would be in agreement with many others. However, sadly, it's been declared the most effective by even (Our Lord and Savior) higby.
  6. Vixxing

• Up x 1
  7. Champagon

This is one of the reasons why i don't play late night on Emerald, too many 1v1's and wayyy too many people using overlays and what not to get the upper hand. Let alone obvious hacks. Plenty of youtube videos
    • Up x 2
  8. Yuukikun

Funnily enough, his K/D is still 1.1, which shows just how bad and desperate hackers are. Quite funny imo.
  9. Alizona

I had a very weird experience the other day. Mind you, I'm east coast US and play on west coast US server (because that's where I lived back when I started the game). So my latency/lag is not the best.

But the lag is usually okay for me, which is why I don't complain about being unable to switch servers anymore. It's usually in the 120-160ms range.

But the other day I was at an enemy base, and I started firing at manned turrets with my Mana Anti-Vehicle portable turret. The definitely knew they were being fired upon from somewhere nearby, because they started coming over to my location (infantry). But when they got to me, it was VERY apparent that something was amiss, and they couldn't see me. I was very easily able to dance/bunny hop around them and kill them. Person after person came over, and not a single one of em was looking at me or shooting at me. They were firing, but they just looked lost. I don't know if that makes sense, if you can picture what I mean... but normally for me, the enemy is swift. I don't wear armor (Utility Pouch for four C4's instead) so I'm always a breeze to kill (0.48 K/D). So this encounter was so different for me it was quite obvious something was wrong.

I immedately had the thought... "I bet they think I'm one of those hackers!" and I wondered how I was appearing to them. Before I could ask, I was killed. So either the effect wore off, whatever was going on, or else they simply were firing randomly and got lucky.
  10. Vanon

Same. Emerald is playable to me up to around midnight central. Thats when there are two many guy's shooting me through floors for me to care.
    • Up x 1
  11. Haquim

That looks like some serious bug exploitation. There is a post in the support-forum of a guy whose account got banned while he was "testing" a bug just like this one, even got a video of it:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ked-for-experience-a-bug.198280/#post-2892376

Seeing that this character was generated only a couple days ago and has the Beamer and Knife in the top three weapons, it would seem to me that somebody found out how to reproduce the bug and created a new account just to ruin peoples day :mad:.
  12. Ragnarox

That was on Miller? Last night some dude was teleporting all over Warpgate with his VS infiltrator. Forgot his name. And I am too lazy to start fraps :)
  13. Vixxing

No this looser was on Cobalt...
  14. Naejin

The point I was really trying to make, however, is that to the player it doesn't matter whether it was a hack, an exploit, lag, bad hit detection, bad game mechanics, etc--they all result in a cheesy kill and a definite lack of enjoyment. Which is a shame, because when those things are less prevalent this is one hell of a game.
  15. Darkwulf

The teleporting is from the player desyncing from the server. It is caused by some hardware issues. I have this issue and I play fine for about 30-40 minutes and then I start lagging out. On my screen everything looks normal. To others I am teleporting around. I can usually tell this is happening because I notice I start killing people who cant hurt me.

I then have to log out to desktop and log back in to fix it. Ive been playing like this for a few years now and support simply cannot fix the problem and does not know why it is happening, even though I have sent them all information regarding my system and connection.

I am 100% sure it is a hardware issue because my wife plays next to me and we share a connection. She has never had this problem and is usually the first person to tell me to relog because I am warping around.

Anyways in a few weeks I am upgrading my mobo and cpu to intel and have my fingers crossed that it fixes my problem. It is very annoying but I think some people abuse the issue and have even figured out how to create it.
    • Up x 1