I'm Done

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dopy7dvs, Mar 6, 2018.

1. dopy7dvs

Thanks for all the good times DBG/SOE and fellow players. After 5 1/2 years of membership, almost $800 into the game, and 12 characters across 2 servers. I'm FINALLY fed up with all the cheating and the exploitation. I'm FINALLY tired of unhittable Asians, and BR120 players who ONLY play heavy to farm. I'm FINALLY fed up with Planetside 2 streamers who, with their audience, proceed to farm instead of promote the game. Tired of all the weapons I've purchased only to have them nerfed into uselessness.

While playing this game, I've met some of the best people to play with in any community. The idea of combined arms, in a game of this scale, is so amazing! However, with the exception of a few outfits, it has become a farm fest for people who exploit both the mechanics and the poor net code. It has become servers full of people who rarely communicate. Communication and coordination is what makes this game great. Either they CAN'T communicate due to language, or the WON'T communicate because they want to farm. It's just overwhelmingly old.

Anyway, thanks again to both SOE and Daybreak for their amazing game! Just sorry the community couldn't appreciate it for what it is. Sorry the community couldn't help foster new players instead of farming them. That being said, the game for me has just run it's course.

To all the haters who will respond to this post: After all this time, money, and effort I felt I should at least say goodbye.
    • Up x 4
  2. Decimation

The game is fundamentally flawed... I think I and many others feel frustrated because we all felt that this game could have been something truly great... but it just fell short. If it just had a better company backing it, this game could have been amazing.

Edit: Probably should have started by saying goodbye to you... oh well... I'm saying it now. Goodbye and hope this game shapes up.
    • Up x 1
  3. strikearrow

The game is amazing and yes it has bugs and lag issues, but it's still the best game out there right now for combined arms. It really has no competition.
    • Up x 2
  4. Killuminati C

GLHF (not being sarcastic). I get frustrated about these sorts of things sometimes but I wouldn't uninstall. Just login again later and the battles will have changed. I occasionally login and take one look at the map and log right back out, half an hour later I log back in and the fights are amazing.

And as Strikearrow said there isn't anything else like it, and when things are working right it's awesome. Been playing since launch and it's still my favorite game.
    • Up x 3
  5. Decimation

I wouldn't say amazing seeing as how the UI for a lot of the menus is terrible. The UI design seems to ignore basic principles of design and leads to a lot of user errors. I actually have another forum post open for this right now that accounts a recent experience I had while using the building menu from a Silo and an ANT.
  6. adamts01

After almost 2 years and 1/3 if the money I feel the same. I only slightly blame Daybreak though. They've got a pretty awful community to work with, especially on Connery.
    • Up x 1
  7. Killuminati C

I don't think it's just Connery. When something new is brought to the table it's amazing how quickly the community can be trusted to find exploits. Human nature I guess.

Even when they (can't remember if it was still SOE or DBG) got some high profile YT personalities to promote the game the community found out and farmed the new players, thus pretty much making sure those new players wouldn't stick around. Not an exploit but a decent example of why we can't have nice things.

That said there are a lot of good people in this community. Just hard to find ways to mitigate the negative influences in a game with this much freedom.
    • Up x 3
  8. adamts01

I know every server has it's problems, but Connery is really a shot show. It's based in America, but most players don't speak English. Those players also don't care one single bit about gameplay, only farming or winning efficiency. The other thread going on about a Chinese unit continually throwing alerts for their sister unit is a perfect example of a Connery-specific problem. But yeah, the while game is a mess. I primarily blame chronic zerging and a beyond terrible air game. Then you've got a 2x headshot multiplier yielding a monstrous performance gap between old and new players. I haven't lost hope, but I'm not optimistic either. Between the language barrier, purgatory, needed air, and nothing but absurdly lopsided fights, I haven't motivated myself to log in for a few months now. But I'm sure I'll be back eventually, depending on future patch notes.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ares8

Try the Emerald server on a friday or saturday evening and I think you will find the game is still quite fun and people still communicate,joke laugh and have fun while playing for alerts and other objectives. It seems you are on Connery, I used to play there and it's ridiculously stupid some of the stuff that goes on.
  10. dopy7dvs

I appreciate the feedback guys. Connery is, by far, the worse of the 2 American servers. However, Emerald also has it's problems with the Brazilian/Chile crowd. As a matter of fact, an entire outfit mostly of Central Americans (their outfit name may rhyme with reyy) are a prime example of while I left the game. Then you have these Elitefits, who ALWAYS main heavy, with a large number living in Europe. Why are they allowed to play on Emerald/Connery? 150+ ping, good player, heavy main = Farm for them. Just stupid.

I did delete all my characters also. BR117(TR), 113(NC), 96(Vanu)...so "logging back in" isn't an option. LOL! Just ENTIRELY done!
  11. dopy7dvs

I was watching a Twitch PS2 streamer recently. I'm watching him farm under the caption "NC supposedly bad weapons". I'm astonished as to how the game plays for him and what I'm seeing on-screen vs when I play. He proceeds to comment, as he's playing, how much of an advantage he has with his computer vs. the average player. He gets 175+ frames per second! I see him in game and he kills me. I PM him and ask if his computer gives him an unfair advantage (rhetorical because he just said it in-stream). His response "I love farming sh**ters like you". I'm like "hunh"?
    Another streamer spends his time in an Air-Hammer Reaver, protected by Air-to-Air Reaver buddies, flying between infantry fights....farming. I've NEVER seen him even try to take/defend a point. Uses maxed our racer chassis, extended fuel, fire suppression. Farms infantry, when in air fight runs (racer), hides (friendly player made base), or gets buddies to help. As a result, his stream is an on-going session of 100+ kill streaks! This is exploiting is it? No...I recently saw him in game and guess what he was doing? A HESH Vanguard, with Cannister secondary (and gunner), spawn camping a fight 48-96 vs. 1-12. And this is what new peeps, via Twitch, get to see about PS2. No wonder we are where we are with the game...
    • Up x 1
  12. Towie

Yeah - the 'open World do what you want' is PS2s biggest strength and weakness. It can push the frustration level off the scale.

It caters well for those who want to join a squad, follow orders, meet objectives - but it caters just as well to those who want to lone-wolf snipe a vehicle terminal, create a Harasser pack, Dalton Lib the hell out of emerging tanks etc. etc. - all perfectly valid playstyles in PS2.

There was a notable player a while back who posted videos of this exploits - he had a very high k/d and was constantly being accused of hacking. On watching his videos there was no apparent hacking that I could see. But he did play very selfishly, on the outskirts of a fight picking off the easy targets. Any sign of trouble and he was out of there. Valid ? Of course.

It's great that people can do what the hell they want - but this can lead to immense frustration too...
  13. Bojangles02

I have also seen vets crotching a lot, ether they infil smg or snipe, same people always crotching heavy, and it’s rare to see vets in light assault, I play all fits in game, and I have no respect for smg infil, if I get killed by a heavy I’m like ok but if u kill me with engi or light then u get respect especially 1v1, I have come to the idea that most vets actually fear getting wrecked by low rank, yesterday there was a tr vet I had played against the day before and we had some 1v1s and all the time on the crown he would not change out of a max suit and he know why and so did I, another. Vet crotch that happens in most games is they will not play on there own, I have seen this before if not in a squad then some won’t even play until they have full team or they go snipe not capture or defend, or they hunt in pairs never giving fair 1v1s......FEAR is what it is, it is only a matter of time till the people they wreck get better and want there revenge and that is what they fear the most. I don’t care about ur kd, what I care about is have u got skills, I respect skill not camping. So let’s see who got skill and who don’t?
  14. strikearrow

Compared to many f2p games, the UI is very good. What the game needs is a downloadable manual that is updated every patch.
  15. strikearrow

I agree, I hear people in pug squads bragging about their lifetime 3+ k/d and then I hear they play with 100+ FPS and I'm like ya that k/d is meaningless - do it with 30-60 FPS and I might give some respect. Asian players with low FPS still get the high latency, ping benefit so they also get no respect from me.
  16. dopy7dvs

Just an FYI: Many people have no idea what the audience sees on their screen, watching a streamer live, ISN'T what the streamer himself sees. In other words, a streamer can control the content his audience sees while playing. What does this mean? It means an stream audience CANNOT detect a cheat from a live streamer, even if they're cheating. So many say "I didn't see it while watching their stream!". Pro tip: You weren't meant to.
  17. Roxxlyy Community Relations

I know I'm only addressing one of the issues from the original post, but I did want to disseminate some information here about servers.

We are working on allocating space in our Tokyo based data center to open up an Asia-region server. When this happens (no ETA to share yet, unfortunately), we'll be offering free one-way transfers for players that want to move to that server. From there, we evaluate whether we want to set up a ping-lock or take additional action.
    • Up x 12
  18. strikearrow

That's good, but I was under the impression there there was already an IP lock. Apparently not. I guess I'll have to stop reporting Asians playing on Connery and screwing up that server.
  19. Towie

...now wondering if a Russian server could be on the cards ;)
    • Up x 1
  20. iDante

well main reason i ve stoped playing is heavy assaults, this class is just imbalanced powerhouse with best weapons that require little to no skill and best ability ingame which to make it more ridiculously OP regenerates to half every kill.