I'm considering quitting Planetside 2 after 500+ hours

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lilleAllan, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiladelphiaCollins

and what makes you think any such "fix" to improve how NV looks at low settings isn't going to have a similar impact on your performance?
  2. ACE McFACE

Usually public service announcements are about something important.
  3. Jaes

Just from looking at the picture, I highly doubt there is a much the devs can do to improve it more than what you see. It looks more of a texture render distance issue with the scope in particular that depends more on your hardware than what the devs put in there. They could probably tweak it a little bit, but it still wont look like what it does on high.
  4. lilleAllan

High Graphics quality settings enable all kinds of effects - I only care about IRNV.
    And the terrain is already rendered - It's just that the IRNV filter decides to block it all out on low.
    I consider it pretty important that nightvision sights are completely useless on medium-low graphics settings.
    It doesn't have to look as good - I don't really care about that. I just want to be able to see longer than 10 metres.
  5. PhiladelphiaCollins

That's my point...the reason it looks and functions better is because of those quality settings...

Enable those settings...even just while looking down the scope (technically unfeasible as it would require a restart of the graphics engine every time...)...would likely just end up with you losing those 15-20 frames while scoped.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think it sucks...but stomping around and making demands just seems unproductive. Expecting zero drawback to it seems unreasonable too.
  6. WaiZen

Here's my rig :
    i5-650 @3.2 Ghz
    GT340
    8GB Ram

My GPU is crap, compare to yours, I wish you knew the exact model of your cpu though but I manage to play on:
    GraphicQuality 5 - High
    Shadow off
    Flora off
    RenderQuality at 85%
    And everything else on low.

I get around 40-60 FPS everywhere except big battles where I get 25-40.
  7. Luperza Community Manager

I have them looking into the issue. We'll get it fixed. ;)

BUG: IRNV scope not functioning properly at low graphics.
    • Up x 9
  8. Wintermaulz

thankyouthankyouthankyou
    • Up x 1
  9. lilleAllan

That's fantastic news. Thank you! I am in your debt!
  10. mina5

IRNV scope is useless ...
    anything below 4.0 is useless . (ok on smg or shotgun 1.0 scope is needed )
  11. IamDH

12. Hitback

K, bye.
    • Up x 1
  13. Wezdor

While you are at it, it is actually worse on medium settings. Have them fix medium too please :)
    • Up x 1
  14. SOE-MOD-08

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.