I'll Finally Admit it: AA is out of control.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jalek

You realize that many of those burster MAX's that suddenly appear are a direct result of your minutes-before tank and infantry farming...
    • Up x 3
  2. Purg

The entitlement is off the charts. The one thing in the game that can counter me and disrupt my farming, I have to be able to counter it to maintain balance. ESF can already mangle Phalanx turrets, make a mockery of Skyguards but now it has to be able to feast easily on the MAX as only a speedbump to continue farming.

Waah, 4 AA MAX make it hard for me to farm. Tell that to tank drivers who have 4 AV Turrets pointing in their direction, at least you have the opportunity to escape. Tell that to infantry who have 4 NC MAX sitting in a shield gen in a Bio Lab. Lotsa hurt going to happen there to break through.

You're not some magical mystical fairy, crapping on the enemy from the skies while nibbling sweetly on cotton candy. You're an expendable unit in a game that doesn't need to be overrun again by lolpodders. You can still rack up massive kill streaks (just ask the OP) while we have the muted ability to try and discourage you from feasting on us. Instead of wanting a challenge to survive, you just want to go back to easy mode. If you're unable to participate in a fight because the group you're attacking is fielding too much AA then get your butt on the ground and help do something about it.
    • Up x 6
  3. NoXousX

Flying isn't like tank battling where you can just huddle up close and destory things as a team. As soon as the AA starts flying everything goes to hell. I hate the teamwork argument with respect to air because it doesn't exist because it can't exist. The extent of air teamwork is stacking numbers and flanking.

You're flat out wrong about a competent squadron taking out unorganized AA. I fly with some of the best pilots in the game every day, and we can't even pull that off. AA outscales aircraft.

And even if we did take them out... who cares. They'll be rezzed and full health again by the time we repair and come back.
    • Up x 4
  4. Onetoo

A dogfight that doesn't take place near some terrain, sounds like a boring dogfight.

The best fights (IMO) take place around mountains, bridges, bases.
    • Up x 3
  5. Jalek

I see infantry more and more focusing on AA, because if they try to just fight armor and infantry, they'll get slaughtered from the air.
    For a while it was rare to see a Skyguard pulled or MAX's outside of towers, but now some pub squads have multiple skyguards.
    Is that because the AA weaponry changed? I don't think so..
    • Up x 1
  6. holycaveman

LmAO. I have little time flying compared with infantry. Probably 10 % is flying.

So I speak with experience in that its much easier on the ground for me. Tanks are the easiest. Go figure. LOL.
  7. Villanuk

This a classic example of why the game gets ruined imo.

Because you cannot fly around strafing everything unopossed you shout NERF instead of trying to change the way you play and learn to adapt to the enviroment. I have just started using the MAX and yes if you fly in a straight line and close then what do you expect? but then if you use another tactic, which im not going to offer but better pilots do, then a MAX is a sitting duck. Its not rocket science, use the aim and use your brain.

Stop with the easy option of shouting Nerf just because you dont want to be shot down while slaughtering what you can without any resistance. Every class, gun and machine has a nemesis, just change your game to adapt.
    • Up x 6
  8. holycaveman

Here is what i don't get. I have 90 percent of my game playing on the ground. I never have problems with esf. I don't know for the life of me why everyone on these forums cries the blues about rocket pods. I have more difficulty with tanks, infantry and av turrets. Not to mention infiltrators with sub machine guns.
    • Up x 3
  9. Stargazer86

Flak is annoying, sure, but it's really only going to kill an ESF if they stick around and attempt to hover for kills. You can easily escape AA with half your health, if not more, if you immediately burst away as soon as you start getting hit. I kinda think that's the point.

Now, Liberators, on the other hand, could use a buff. They just get torn to absolute shreds nowadays.
    • Up x 3
  10. holycaveman

Clue for you, why do you think air got nerfed?
  11. Jalek

Maybe you're not on Connery, where you simply don't go outside if you don't want to get attacked by an ESF?
  12. Tekuila

People like you are such jokes.
    • Up x 2
  13. NoXousX

Where do you come up with this? It's extremely rare for me to die to an ESF as infantry, and when I do it's because I knowingly put myself in a bad situation.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ghodere

This would be good design, if it worked that way; ground forces take out relatively vulnerable AA emplacements early in the assault so that friendly air can come help overcome the huge natural advantages the defenders receive from base and terrain design.

Of course that's rather the opposite of the way it works. AA MAXes are nearly impossible to pin down and eliminate (and keep from being revived moments later) by ground forces due to charge, the natural tankiness of a MAX, and the ability to hide in any place infantry could, and the defenders are at a disadvantage in nearly every situation.
    • Up x 1
  15. Goden

The only time you probably ever spend as infantry is the time it takes for you to walk from the spawn tube to the aircraft terminal.

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME I have seen you on Connery as TR or VS you have been in an ESF. EVERY TIME.
    • Up x 3
  16. Jalek

You redeploy from the warpgate and the points offered are small stations some distance away from anything. Spawn as close as you can, go to the vehicle terminal, get attacked by an ESF, killing your flash. Get back to the spawn room, then have one hovering outside and often another circling.
    What do you do? Go AA or redeploy again.

Just saying there's some frustration behind the swarms of AA you now see.
    • Up x 2
  17. Sinist

I agree with you Noxous.

Especially with lock on rockets, rangers, turrets, and tank shells as well adding to the Burster threat.

With the new lattice system and battles becoming more concentrated, the AA problem will only get worse.

I am a damn good pilot, and there are only a handful of people that play the game with as many kills in the ESF as me. It is a struggle to get close to large battles, nevermind participate in helping my team in some way.

AA is too strong.

Wether that be Bursters/Rangers or the lockontime/damage of Rockets. It all needs to be tuned.

I think a good place to start would be to reduce the range of Bursters, Rangers, and AA Turrets. And a 10% damage reduction. I would also make lock on rocket's have a slower travel time so they are easier to outrun if you make the decision to do so.

Flares could probably go to a 15 second activation at max level.
    • Up x 1
  18. xen3000

If teamwork cannot work with air, then air should not compete directly with those that do require teamwork (tanks/infantry). I agree that infantry/max based AA is rather ridiculous right now with its persistence compared to air assets, but air should not be able to solo better then ground assets. Something needs to be done about ESFs along with the AA issues you bring up.
  19. NoXousX

That would have been true closer to release, but I am on the ground quite a bit these days. Dodging flak 24/7 gets tiresome.

You would find me on the ground a lot more if shotguns were nerfed and MAXes weren't so damn OP and the best at everything. The reason I was never on the ground initially was because it just wasn't fun. Infantry were fodder to vehicles. Infantry is actually semi-enjoyable now but no-skill instigibbing needs to fixed. (noob tubes, claymores, shotguns, scats)
  20. ent|ty

I normally dont attack or camp spawns ever.. But PS2 has forced me to, out of self-defense.. There's like Lock on rocket guys and AA Max that will sit in there all day firing at you, in relative safety.

I dont mind most AA, but I DO have a beef with lock on weapons.. But since everyone likes them so much, I doubt they're going to be removed from the game. So instead, I just remove myself after getting shot down 3 times by LOCK mechanics and not skill.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.