[Suggestion] If you like this game, SUPPORT IT!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Twin Suns

I'll support PS2 but only on this condition. *see below*

You fire all of upper management for making bad business decisions and use the Suit & Tie guys salaries to hire Devs.

Let me know when it's done and I'll support this game again. I think that's fair.

o7
    • Up x 3
  2. Zizoubaba

there's no ******* way I will support a dev team that killed what was one of my favourite all time games ever.

As a matter of fact, if I learn they move on to other studios or publishers or whatever, there's no way I'll support them, and I'll be damn sure to say what I think about them to the people who don't know.

THey killed this game, not today, not this year, they've been killing this game for years now.

The smallest, least, most tiny thing they deserve, is to get ******* fired, even if that isn't the reason (probably, I wouldn't know) they are getting fired today
    • Up x 1
  3. Exileant

;) This was well written, but I have to disagree with quite a bit of it. I have been playing for a while too, the only thing that forces me to take breaks are the drops of new games I want to try. I still make time for this game however. I do not care how long anyone has played this game, there is no way for you to know everything about it. :eek: The islands are just too big. You may get the general idea, but you will always find a better way to improve upon your game play if you truly take the time to. The events are only horrible if you chose to go against the grain. o_O If you pull a standard tank in an air battle, you should be killed unless you are very talented. That is the hidden point behind these events. ;) This give new players the opportunity to learn various arms, without the horror of losing Nanites repeatedly and forcing them to live in a suit for 90% of their session. As far as ideas go, that one was a 10 out of 10. There is no reason for a new player to continue to suffer when it comes to vehicle use. o_O For pro's? This is a grand opportunity to score mountains of Certs via A.A. whilst giving those who struggle using flak style weapons a chance to step outside of their comfort zone free of being hunted by Pro fighters. :confused: Even though the stages are the same, since the game rotates team Warp Gates each visit, it always feels new to me. This game is far from a Failure. Given Implants are back, useful and have levels to upgrade, there is plenty to do. New players are not left in the dog house either when it comes to fighting pro's. Like everything, they just have to learn which guns are effective against everything. o_O Right now, I can make a new character, buy like 2 weapons, and sit back and collect the certs in bone stock, rank and file suits. That is what I am going to do for N.S. Now I would go on ahead and say, someone post on Reddit and call attention here, so we can get an answer as to if the game will be foolishly shut down or not before you make any serious commitments if you cannot afford it comfortably; otherwise I say you should support it buy buying subscriptions weapons, and look pretties. :p I most certainly am going to buy a few horns on my vaca factions.
  4. TRspy007

We all love the game despite it's many faults, it's brought us many epic moments, and it's still the only one of it's genre.

Now, while we love the game, we're not all millionaires and/or idiots. The game is dying. There's no point in buying memeberships for a game we don't know will even exist tomorrow.

I used to support the game, as I'm sure many of us did (props to the ones that still do). But all the devs have brought us is disappointments. Not listening to the community, continuously rushing updates, flooding the game with uncontrolled bugs, and over all ******* the quality of life in the game. All the devs have spent our money on is planetside arena.

DBG is not mature enough to use our money wisely, or even please us to get us to spend on the game. It's only natural we stop putting expenses for a dead horse.
  5. TRspy007

And i can't like a comment twice?? Man you really spoke for all of us out here. I've brought some friends to Planetside, I always encourage others to play the game, despite the fact that many quit after playing for a few minutes.

I've funded the game, most of us have at some point. We've given it so many chances, we've poured our hearts into discussions the devs never read (the post I quoted is an example) only to be disappointed again and again.

DX11 for example, we were all excited, and most of us told the devs, "please, this is your time to pick apart what's not working, polish the game for DX11. Don't rush the patch, we can wait for a proper release. Whatever you do, please take your time with this important update." And so, the devs decide FULL STEAM AHEAD!!! And release a half-***** patch as usual, which scared away a large amount of people who came back to check the major update, and were greated by an abundance of bugs.

The population of this game has been dwindling, there's so much potential in this game, but the devs decide to throw away the revenue we pour into the game to bring to us a game that DOA. It's not like we warned the devs that we didn't want that, after they exposed us to what they did (after months of secretly developing a game no one asked for), but the devs continued, and as a result, we have a new br that no one cares about, that peaks out at about 50 players a day. Nice move DBG, you really managed to grasp what consumers wanted.

I absolutely agree with what you're saying man, the few updates we get now aren't significant, or are changes that should've happened years ago. It's clear that the game is underfunded and has no sense of direction.

If only we had proper communication with the devs; SOE used to do ok with that; now we're just in the dark, or ignored when we ask for delays or changes to updates.

We all love the game, it's the only one of it's genre, but we hate the way it's potential has been wasted. I'd love to spend money on the game again, but how can I spend money on a game that's losing players and has no idea how to manage the money we put in to please the customers?

The game has just been spiraling downwards, and it would really take a miracle to get it back on track now. Every year we wish for the best, every year we tell the devs to go right, and every year they go left without stopping. We can't keep on helping a game that doesn't want to help itself. The most I do now to help the game is send people to it, but of course there's the 7 year skill gap between players, and the fact everything is such a grind doesn't help. We would need a massive surge of new players to prevent all of them from being wrecked by veterans, but how can we get that when the game is old, has major observable bugs, and hasn't been properly advertised since release?

It's impossible for us to keep on wasting money for nothing. We have tution, food, rent, ect; we can't afford to throw away the money we have left after for something that is obviously flawed and obsolete.

My thanks dude, you really said what needed to be said, it's nice to see other passionate Planetmans, we all in this together.
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

I want to agree with you, part of me does, but I also disagree. Yes, there will always be something new to try in the game, some new playstyle, a new weapon, groups of people to play the game with... but I assure you that for me personally, I have tried many different things. I've played with different friends, joined an outfit and played with them, I certed into vehicles I wouldn't normally use (Flash, Valkyrie, ESF, Liberator, Harasser) just so I could play the game a bit differently. I made new characters that were on different factions, I even joined multiple servers. When I wanted to try a new playstyle, I made a thread here and asked for people's loadouts so I could try them. I assure you I've tried many different things since I first started playing the game. The one thing that rarely changed is the bases.

Yes, Quartz Ridge got a complete revamp which I was happy for, because the old version was a nightmare. Yes TI Alloys got revamped, but it's worse than it was before. There are still those 3-way centre of the map fights on Indar and have been going for years. Playing a map only to have those areas be the main fighting area for years on end gets boring no matter how much you want to tell a person to try play with a new gun, playstyle, vehicle... whatever it is. Fact of the matter is that the location is going to be the same no matter what because they haven't received an appropriate change.

It's like Hossin. So many people leave as soon as Hossin is the only continent because they simply can't deal with playing there. It doesn't matter what fiddly little things you give them to try and make them stay. New weapons, new events etc, it won't matter because the environment in a game is extremely important. Hossin is a great example of an environment that makes or breaks a game's population.

Events can still be horrible if you do choose to participate. MAX events are just meat grinders where it becomes a mass of MAX, Engineer, and the occasional Medic fluffing about in the background. Aerial Anomalies mean A2G players that don't even choose to participate in the event, they just like to use free aircraft to farm infantry.

There is no good in telling me that you can 'score mountains of certs in AA'. This is simply not possible. For one, you will need to be either in a vehicle, a MAX, a stationary turret, or as an infantry, some other vehicle with AA. Say you choose to pull a Skyguard, many people have posted time after time at how bad that thing is, because it only acts as a deterrent. You can't sit there and get scores of kills with that thing, even if you park next to an anomaly because for one, you will have to sit parked up somewhere gazing lovingly at the sky in order to try and grab kills. The anomaly then moves across the map, which means you're forced to move too. You then either tackle the spawn system or try and drive all the way over there in the hopes no one is going to kill you. Say you make it. You then have to repeat the process over and over. There are countless threads on how bad AA is in this game because it's acting more as a deterrent than what it's supposed to be - anti-air.

It's good that you feel the game is always new to you whenever the warpgates rotate, but it simply isn't for me. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will agree at just how bad it is for their faction to fall victim to the dreaded corner in Esamir, where a faction is trapped between both Andvari and Mani. Their fights are literally just those two locations, the same few bases around it. Not to mention the northern warpgates have the least lattice link travel time between one another so it's easy to get gated, especially if you're again, in 'that' corner. Even if you don't, you're still going to be stuck fighting at at least one of those two locations. Even if Andvari gets captured, you're still trapped at Snowshear Watchtower or Jaegar's Fist eventually. Amerish has the same feel, NC Arsenal, Heyoka Chemical Lab, Chimney Rock... no matter where your warpgate is, you'll end up fighting at a commonly fought at base, or a biolab. The only time it's easy to fight at less fought at bases is to play at some wonky hour, and this means there are very few players which defeats the object of an MMOFPS. You come online for big fights not tiny ones.

New players are 'left in the dog house'. They either join an outfit that people will deem a 'zergfit' or they play alone, die a lot, and then leave the game. It's not about weapons, or implants, or what equipment they have. It's about experience. New players do not have even a year's worth of experience playing the game. They don't know all the things veteran players do. This is what puts them off. New players are not on equal footing with older players when it comes to knowledge. This is the problem, not the equipment they do/don't have.

It's like when I go back to playing Battlefield 4. It's an old game and there have been 2 new ones since.. but people still play it. Despite owning that game for over a year I still consider myself to be a new player because I don't play it often. Every time I play it I'm reminded why I shouldn't bother. It's not that I don't have a good weapon, some attachments, or vehicle gear... it's because I don't have enough experience compared to many of the other players who have clearly continued to play the game since its release, or somewhere around that point. I lack the knowledge to play well in the game, so I die a lot. This is the same problem PlanetSide 2 has. The game is so old, the majority of its players are 1+ year players and any new player will get mashed unless they're that dedicated to the game... which is going to be very rare.
    • Up x 1
  7. Beerbeerbeer

It occurred to me—since everyone wants this ship to completely sink—that if DBG doesn’t outright pull the plug, hackers will be the final nail in the coffin.

No support from the players means this game will indeed be left on cruise control and I bet hackers will have a field day destroying this game. They already are, but this makes it a certainty.

It’s an open invitation to hack this game. Who the heck is going to police it now? Break out your hacks and go to town.
  8. TRspy007

No one wants the game to die, that's just how the devs have ****** it over, the ship has sailed now. There's not near as much hackers as your implying, who bothers getting stats for a game that no one knows, and that's dying. Quit being dramatic and stupid.
  9. Beerbeerbeer

Not now, but word will spread that no one is watching this game and it’s a free-fo-all. Just like the final days of PS1: hackers galore.
  10. adamts01

True. This is the point where community volunteer moderators are needed.
  11. CapEnTrade

yup
  12. Skraggz

I have had a sub for 2+ years, I have bought cash shop items including holiday packs, I will no longer support a game that they are actively killing the dev for. I have pulled my weight on support. I unsubbed yesterday and will no longer give them money. I dont want this ship to sink, STOP blaming the player base because we will not continue to throw money at them. It is not the player base fault for this. Things like this is always UPPER MANAGEMENT and giving the money to misuse will not fix this issue. Stop living in this delusional world. If the servers go down it is 100% DBG fault, can give them millions of dollars, but at the end of the day if it is misspent the company will end regardless.
    • Up x 1
  13. Twin Suns

Robbing Peter to pay Paul is not how you run a business. i.e Taking money from PS2 to make Arena.

So Mr. Epstein this is the price you pay. Good luck (not really) on your next scheme to recoup you're personal investment.
  14. Beerbeerbeer

Not supporting this game just means that from here on out, however long that may be, will be filled with countless sabotaging hackers considering this game is now officially unpoliced. I watched this happen in PS1.

Be careful what you wish for.
  15. Skraggz

You are incredibly dense. You do not REWARD crap management money for their crap service. The game will still go down hill because they don't know what the hell they are doing. EITHER WAY the game will go down hill. Regardless if we give them money or not. You want to go broke supporting the game, go for it, it will not save the game as funds are ultimately directed at management's discretion.
    • Up x 1
  16. Beerbeerbeer

Planetside Arena is ancient history as far as everyone is concerned. The mistakes made by whomever: management for chasing down that played-out genre, the devs for creating an utterly crappy product, has NOTHING to do with Planetside going forward. That discretionary ship has sailed.

EQ (another DBG legacy game) lives and survives with the small player base that supports it. Planetside could, too. I lived through PS1, I’ve seen what happened when it gets FULLY NEGLECTED. PS2 is an imperfect game, but it’s still the only thing like it in existence and I would hate to see it tread down that same path, where PS1 became a game of hackers.

I may be dense, but most of you are myopic.
  17. pnkdth

I've been here since 2012, alpha squad member, subbed for years, bought new cool stuff. I've watched their initial promise change, lose focus, scrapping the road map and doing what they wanted to do anyways. I've seen the vision of PS2 get scrapped in favour of pumping out near identical weapons and gradually removing almost every single faction trait in the name of balance (and caving to the stupidity of loud voices within the community). You could almost feel the moment when PS2 lost direction and became reactionary rather than moving forward with a defined vision.

Not since EQ1 have I felt so attached to a game BUT what we have today is not the game I've supported for years. The important distinction between EQ1 and PS2 is that the former has a team who know what the hell they are doing. I mean, Wrel is at the helm now and he's a youtuber. The EQ1 team is extremely good at what they do because 1) they kept delivering content their fanbase loved while the PS2 team seem to revel in making poor decisions despite warnings/adding things NO ONE asked for 2) they know their game inside and out thus are very good at making the most out of the engine and game mechanics. I tend to try and work with what I've got and adapt but there's a limit. With EQ1 they even had the foresight to keep private servers like P99 up and running which has paved the way for TLP servers (and with their monumental success Blizz followed suit with WoW).

I am grateful and happy with the time I've spent in this game but I do not see why I should fund it at this point in time. There's a reason why venture capitalist have a saying "I do not invest in the idea, I invest in the team." Obviously this is not entirely true but the point is a great team will with a poor idea will more often succeed than a mediocre team with a great idea. Or to bring it to a single word, DBG has failed in execution. Great idea, great potential but that's as far as we got.

Also, to put this in a positive, it is not many F2P FPS games which actually last long these days, much less as long as PS2 has managed. Personally I wish everyone involved the best of luck and it has been one hell of a ride.
  18. Exileant

;) I just think you might be overplaying the game because it is so good. Hahaha! However, it might also just be the way you are wired. There is nothing wrong with the way you are wired, I only say this to point out that there are people out there that are just more prone to get bored faster than others. Tends to happen with the smarter variety and people with very good memory. o_O I am smart but my style of play counters my memory of specific areas. ;) To dominate, I use reactionary tactics, this prevents me from ever truly learning a specific base, I need the enemy to play and produce my tactics. The upside to this is I feel as though I am fighting each battle for the first time. :( The downside is I have to stumble upon hidden spots, and I am quick to forget them unless I am repeatedly exposed to them. You seem to be more calculating. If you learn the area you have a major advantage picking out the top spots and raking mountains of kills, but you will get bored eventually, because you will always revert to what works. o_O For you, that seems to be those same spots. If you are hiding you are not fighting, and if you are not fighting head on, you are not gaining head on battle experience. In short, you will get crushed by the more experienced. ;) As far as Beta's go, the game has been changed regularly enough to where everyone is in the same bag. The experience you are falling prey to, not not honed from just this game, it is fashioned from years of playing shooters period. There will always be people like that. It will just take you time to get to that level. :( Everyone, and I MEAN EVERYONE has taken their lumps to get where they are now. Do you know how many lightnings I had to lose to get the hang of a Skyguard?! Do you know how many times I had to die to learn how to plant C4, properly? The Flash, Liberator, and Infiltrator were the only things that somewhat came naturally to me, because I am a Vehicle and stealth user. :D The new players, link up with the old players, and the Old players teach them with vigor. Next thing you know, you have level 20's killing it like they have been there for years. Give yourself time. By time I mean a year or 2. You will get passed the 'Bored" feeling and then one day, it will just click. :cool: You will be running the field on enemies, trying to hold a base; you will look up and realize, you are the only person on your team there.

:eek: At that moment, you will feel great pain and elation as light cuts through your house, and 6 wings burst from your back. The more you participate, the more you will learn, the more you learn, the less you will die, the less you die, the the better you will feel, the better you feel, the less bored you will be, the less bored you will be, the mor-- *2 Hours later* --otroast you will eat, the more potroast you will eat, the more horse power my 80's Screaming Eagle machine will make, the more-- *12 hours later* --And that is how God will be surprised that he no longer has to destroy the world because we have achieved world peace.