If you like this game support it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Dec 18, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

I am writing this as a plea to other players.

If you like this game in beseech you make a 5 dollar purchase in dbc.

To keep this game alive and devs coding they need to show that it can be profitable.

A 5 dollar purchase will give starving soldiers nanites for an entire year.

Do your part so this game can still be great.

And it is the holidays so donate 5 bucks to our lovely devs and our favorite investment firm.

I'm not asking you why you won't donate. I'm just asking you to be a member of the community and support a product you enjoy playing.

Nay say if you want but you will just be exposing your immaturity.
  2. Bindlestiff

Put a cosmetic in the game that I fancy, I will buy it.

Make the subscription rewards worthwhile for a veteran player, I will subscribe.

Add significant content into the game that isn't just a rehash of weapons, and isn't something that breaks the game like the Gatekeeper, and I'd consider both of the above. Content like: battle islands, ICL, capturable warpgates, more continents, completed resource revamp, completed mission system, new base designs (with new base buildings AND types), more empire specific content (vehicles, weapons, structures).

As it stands, I love this game but will not contribute a penny more until they start delivering a game that is progressing (in the right direction).
    • Up x 14
  3. MikeyGeeMan

Thank you no reason to post then. Please avoid being immature. You don't like the game fine. You don't want to play fine. But don't try to persuade others to not donate because you have your panties in a bunch.
  4. Haquim

Well how about this? I spent several hundred bucks on this game, and they proceeded to make things worse.
    If I could have the game back as it was 6 months after launch id be happier
    • Up x 3
  5. YoungPedro

Last time i checked beeing a informed consumer was a good thing, calling other people immature just because they don't share your opinion on a forum doesn't make you look all that grown up yourself.

I'm on Bindlestiffs side on this one, i got all the cosmetics i need and their anniversary 40 Dollar 'deals' scared me away for good. Once the game starts going into the right direction i might go back to become a paying customer, until then i leave it to folks like you to support a game that might end up dead next summer.
    • Up x 5
  6. Bindlestiff

I do love the way you are so quick to defend something that doesn't need defending. My post was neither immature or a demonstration of having my panties in a bunch, and nor did I in any way state that my opinion and reasons for not spending more on the game should be adopted by the wider audience. 'I' is not 'we'.

Apart from that, you completely misunderstand the point of my post. I love this game, it is like nothing I've ever played and even with the ridiculous bugs we've all suffered, and after all of the imbalance we've put up with, we still play. But it is like a car that I've driven into a wall; it has a few dings, it runs, and it gets me from A to B. Do I want to pay for the privilege of having the car look cosmetically better but ultimately drive the same way? What benefit am I getting from that? The car is still getting me from A to B, so why bother?

I may still be tempted from time to time to buy a fluffy dice for the rear view mirror, or buy a new stereo for it. And certainly if I were to be offered the chance to fix my car and give it an all new interior at the same time as maybe getting an ECU remap, for the same price (or just over) in a monthly plan that fits my lifestyle? Well that is a hell of a deal and I'd bite your hand off to take it.

For me - and perhaps just me - I feel the same about how I spend my money on games. Planetside 2 offers me the chance to play the game as it currently sits (so that is me driving my beaten up car from A to B) and right now I don't see a reason for me to start on the road to monthly contributions since I'm not sure of the direction the game is going (cosmetically the game may get tidied up by that promised shiny new interior turns out to be made of cloth and plastic, not leather and wood, and the ECU remap leaves it running worse than before). There may be a cosmetic or two I like - pink camo for example - that I'll gladly buy, but it won't be because I am thinking of the makers of the cosmetic when I buy it. When was the last time anyone bought an accessory for a car, lets say fluffy dice, and did it because they wanted to support the manufacturer of the fluffy dice?
    • Up x 1
  7. Eternaloptimist

I subscribe annually. And I agree - support the game. Then at least you earn the right to criticise (if you must)
  8. breeje

i support this game
    and all a want for Christmas is DBG to stop whatever they are working on and balance all the weapons
    let all the weapons be fun to play with

please DBG Santa, i have been a good boy
  9. Bindlestiff

I subscribed for 24 months, and probably dropped well over £200 in Station Cash / Daybreak Cash purchases. Easily the most I've ever spent on one game.
  10. PlanktonSG

No worries i'am sure many of us had "bought" this game at least 2 to 3 times the average market price of pc games if not more.
    • Up x 2
  11. Savadrin

I do feel that subscribers should have more weight when it comes to game changes if opinions were ever counted. We are the ones who are putting our money where our mouths are, and we allow this game to continue to function.

Overall, I really don't like the F2P model at all, but it seems to be going that way. I much prefer sub games.

The big catch 22 about "fair weather support" is that without support, changes don't get made and the game dies. With support, the game may still change in a way that you don't like.

I'm not saying people should do one thing or the other, and I completely understand why people feel wary about subscribing when they aren't getting results.

For me, the $15 a month is far more than worth it for the time I spend playing. That's like, one day's lunch around here, on average. I also spend a bit on weapons, because even if I still suck, I'd like to suck with the weapons that feel good in my hands.

One thing I can't stand is the people who can't or won't contribute a cent, and haven't historically, whining about a game that they're literally leeching off of other players to enjoy. Get off gaming welfare if you want to complain validly, because these games are not cheap to produce.
  12. Alchemist44

No.
    I used to. I spent more money on this game than on 10 AAA titles. Things got worse and stale. I just check the forums sometimes in the hopes of seeing something new, but i only see decreasing player numbers.
    Id not support this game in this state if I was a new player.
  13. Imperial Sect

I've put a ton of money into this "free" game, but I've bought all the stuff I liked in the store and the sub rewards just don't look like they are worth the price to me, if they made those better I would probably sub to this game.
  14. Zombo

what is immature about only paying for a service you like? thats only sane thinking
    getting upset about people not paying for a game, and calling them immature because of it? to me that kinda sounds immature
    • Up x 2
  15. MikeyGeeMan

funny there's 900 other threads that user could have responded to. But they chose this one so they could persuade other people not to donate to the cause. And the user does have their panties in a bunch. Why even post then? Because people like that feel empowered when they can persuade others to join them. Hey better idea. Let's all not support the game so they can shut it down. Then they will get the message. Pfft stupid logic.

It's immature to try and derail a good thing because your not happy. Wrong thread to complain in. But hey. It's all par for the course.
  16. LodeTria

But I'm already a member.
  17. BamaRage

Agreed, I spend money on the game because I like the game.
  18. Greiztoph

How about if people want to spend money on the game they can and those who do not can choose not to without you shoving ******** down their throat.
  19. Azawarau

I got the year long sub a year ago and then accidentally got it again because the thing didnt cancel last year

My job here is done ._.
  20. Moridin6

been subd awhile and just dropped in another 60 for "special" items
    this is one of the few games i play so its worth it, gotta have my swag