If you guys don't want C4 to be nerfed...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Thrustin, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Wolfwood82

You are going to have to use a different measuring stick then just C4 when gauging what is "worthy of the colossal cert and resource cost".

Right now, you are comparing apples to pits. MAX suits will always net you more potential firepower and more potential kills then a block of C4, that is what you pay for. Anyone who can't figure that simple logic out is either blind or voluntarily ignorant for the sake of a weak argument that will get them absolutely nowhere.
  2. RogueComet

Damn you still take 89% dmg with flak armor maxed? If flak is maxed you should take maybe 50% imo. Level one should still die to C4, level 2 should leave you at 10%, level 3 at 20%, level 4 at 30%, level 5 at 40% and there should be a level 6 (1000 certs) to leave you at 50%. Level one is just the beginning, to shrug off demolitions (grenades and splash dmg from tanks) just a little bit but for the few certs it takes, it honestly shouldn't be much.

Is that fair to you? Damn I like this idea of buffing flak armor a bit more now that I think about it.
  3. Daibar

i made this for my outfit

[IMG]

The suit is max rank.
    here's how you read it.
    the numbers indicate how many bars you lose when within the distance to that explosive

Meaning that with maxed flack armor, standing right on top of a single C4 bar, you'd lose all your shields and 6 bars of HP.
    leaving you with 14 bars.

i still dont get why on earth i would lose more shield when using the nano weave at 5 meters distance, i just did, i tried it out 5 times because i did not believe it myself.

the test was done in the VR room like this-
    • placed a marker.
    • put c4 on it.
    • stepped out to the right distance.
    • Detonated the explosive.
    • Counted the bars afterwards.
    when in doubt, redid the test.

you should be able to survive 1 bar of c4 when wearing a maxed out flack armor suit.

you don't make with 2, it's instagib.
  4. HeadshotVictim

your tabular is nice. thank you for that.
    Do you have one for MAX-suits as well?
    MAX-Flak only gives you 20% resistance against explosions at maximal rank
  5. Daibar

nope, i design my strats and tactics without having a specific class in mind, that way it gives my outfit a better chance of getting a successful run.

but if i'm not too tired when i get home, i can do it again with a max suit on.

i guess i can shoot at the C4 to detonate it, wonder if it'll despawn if i change class
  6. Daibar

but correct me if i'm wrong, but a max has 2000 hp right?
    the C4 does 1400 damage, shouldn't that leave the max with 600 hp? or 3-4 bullets worth of hp?

then subtract the 20%(280) from the 1400, because of the armor, leaving a block of C4 to only cause 1120?
    that should in theory leave the max with almost 880 hp remaining.

buuut i'll see if i can find the time tonight to look it over.

i'll get back to ya
  7. Dreez

C4 needs to have a deploy-timer of 5 seconds implemented. Any actions taken during those
    5 seconds should reset the timer. Just like hacking a turret or display, a proper planting of C4
    should require a timer.
  8. Suiradezza

Just like planting C4, hacking a turret or display should cost 100 infantry points.
  9. Evil Monkey

If C4 costs the same as a tank or MAX

Then, by the same logic

(a) tank or MAX should deconstruct when used, just like C4
    Limit should be 1 vehicle or say 3-4 infantry

(b) tanks or MAXes should pay a cost per shot, like C4
    Each tank shell fired, 50 RP or so (you need 5-10 shots or so to kill a tank)
    Each MAX magazine used.... maybe 50RP per magazine? A MAX magazine can kill more than a grenade, so 45+ is reasonable

(c) Ammunition on MAX or tank should be limited, like C4
    Maybe 10 tank shells per tank - enough for 1 vehicle kill - like C4
    1-2 magazines (MAX) - enough to kill 1-2 infantry for sure, more if you aim right (like C4)
    • Up x 3
  10. HeadshotVictim

sure a 5 seconds deploy timer... I guess you never tried to use C4 in your life, right?
    If you have no idea what you are talking about:
    Piss off, srsly.
    It is hard enough right now to c4 decent players, a 5 sec deploy timer (what should the time be needed for anyway?) is completely absurd...
    you have obviously no idea what you are talking about. You jsut flap yur tongue around making suggestions to enhance the power of mentally disabled tank drivers (like you if I am any judge of character)
  11. Daibar

lets just agree that we read what the description says on flack armor for Maxes.

50% reduction.
    i just detonated a block of C4 at 1 meters distance and the result was close to what i expected, half the health of the MAX went away with 1 C4.

[IMG]
  12. WookLordz

I'm confused... do you need to spend resources to blow up a tank? I thought you could blow up a tank with rockets? Rockets are free. Doesn't ONE tank mine blow up a tank? How many certs is that? Your argument is not valid.
    • Up x 1
  13. Evil Monkey

You expect a valid argument? Welcome to the internet. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
  14. Wolfwood82

-cough- this is the LA section... What rockets do you speak of? Rockets are free but highly limited in their own ways. Killing a tank by yourself even as HA is difficult, and the tank has full control of the fight the entire time. The problem with LA and C4 is that the tank does not have control over such an engagement, particularly when ambushed. This causes grief among tank drivers who are use to being able to drive off and repair when their health is down a bit.

One tank mine blows up a tank, thanks to people like you, that tank mine is now visible from 15m away while in a tank. Next patch they will add a cartoon mickey mouse hand that floats above it pointing down and another hand that hovers next to it shaking a no-no finger at you.
  15. LibertyOne

You have to nerf it before you can read it.
  16. Mythicrose12

I had a nice laugh from this paragraph. My youngest daughter loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (or what ever it is). I can just hear/see Mickey's voice telling the tank driver "Are you sure you want to drive here?" while his hand points to the mine.
  17. TeknoBug

^ LOL Mickey Mouse.

The blinking light on the C4 is 100000000% pointless, why did they even bother for that extra line of code and extra graphics effect for something that won't even affect the use of C4 at all? People hotdrop C4's and detonate them on the spot, no one I know of would just lay it on the ground and wait.
  18. Stargazer86

...what is the issue here, again?

I mean, I don't see tankers taking any consideration for the fact that they've just killed a dozen infantry without issue. Why is one person killing them suddenly not allowed after they've just racked up a double-digit kill streak?
    • Up x 5
  19. Thrustin

Someone put it nicely:

I think this sums it up very good
    • Up x 5
  20. [HH]Mered4

Personally I am paranoid every time I pull a tank, since they die so easily to everything :D

Not when I pull a harasser or a lightning though. Thats full speed ahead, DONT STOP EVER. And life is good.

I vote NO for c4 nerf or cost increase!
    • Up x 3