If the AV Mana turret is getting nerfed this much, then it needs a serious balance buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, Apr 22, 2017.

1. zaspacer

Devs have been making changes/additions for a while now that do not account for people being older (or having impaired vision, dexterity, etc.), running on worse settings/performance, or not using 3rd party performance aids. In addition, they have sometimes tuned things to be *more* grueling for these demographics, specifically because it boosts the performance of those not impacted.

Stacking these changes together makes for a very punishing/frustrating/exhausting physical experience for many of us. The loss of Thermal was a huge one for me in this area (and no, I didn't care about farming Infantry). I've been down the road of progressive acute demographic exclusion before. Accordingly, I am now much quicker to pick up on it and deal with it. It's one of the main reasons I quit playing (aka felt revulsion at the thought of actually logging in > than my craving to log in).
    • Up x 1
  2. DeadlyOmen

Modern wire guided missles have a range of about 4,000 meters.

Why our AV turrent got reduced to a very small fraction of that is a mystery.
  3. LaughingDead

Because after a year of claiming tanks are unfun because "you are killed by something you can't see", AV mana turrets were something tanks LITERALLY couldn't see at infantry render ranges, so they finally stopped being hypocrites and nerfed it.....to just within infantry render.
  4. ColonelChingles

Modern 120mm HE shells have an effective range of 5,000m. 120mm tank-launched missiles can reach out to 8,000m. Modern tank fire control systems can allow tanks to hit with pinpoint accuracy at long range. With spotters and using indirect fire, tank hits @ 11,000m have been recorded by the Israelis.

But yes, in PS2 there is extreme range compression.
    • Up x 2
  5. rasak

I'm quite certain the reason will become fairly obvious when examined more closely.
  6. DeadlyOmen

Some interesting reading is the account of Israeli tankers encountering suitcase ATGMs for the first time.