[Suggestion] Ideas From A Newer Player To This Class

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by FlameGankin, Mar 9, 2013.

1. FlameGankin

1. Advanced Equipment Terminal Hacking
    Currently the cert tree gives you faster hacking speed on terminals, turrets, and generator(maybe not sure) in increments of 10% and ends at a 50% boost to hacking speed for 681 certs in total. To me not only is it boring to to cert into this tree, it feels pointless as well. I have yet to come to a situation where i have really needed the 30% extra speed (what I'm currently at). It makes somewhat of a cert dump that could be better spent on some certs in the ammunition belt tree. To make a better tree i purpose this system:
    -First Cert: Grants ability to hack Terminals, turrets (including the ones made by engis) and increased generator overload speed.
    -Second Cert: Increases speed of previous cert and a boost to Control Point hacking(Not to big)
    -Third Cert: Increases first cert speeds further. Grants the ability to 'jack' unoccupied common pool ground vehicles(excluding sunderer more on that shortly)
    -Fourth Cert: Increases first cert speed again. Increase common pool ground jacking slightly. Allows faction specific hacking on ground vehicles. Allows jacking on ESFs.
    -Fifth Cert: Allows jacking of manned ground vehicles. Allows sunderes to be hacked, disabling their utility slot for X amount of time but doesn't jack it. Allows a hack on liberators, weapon locking them for X amount of time.

I think this would allow infiltrators more things to hack and increase their use on a battlefield. In my opinion allowing the vehicles to be jack does two things 1) Drivers are going to be more cautious before they start repairing and might go further from the battle to avoid being jacked. 2) Drivers will keep on the move to not get jacked and they wont be easily able to camp something unless they feel risky.

2. Recon Detect Device
    Certing into this feels a little better then the advanced equipment terminal hacking, but there are some problems. i could put 50 certs into scout radar for my flash and it will be more effective then the Recon device (if it shows the enemy position regardless of movement which i think it does). In my opinion the dart count should be buffed by two on the standard and another device put in. (Not my idea and credit goes to another poster i cant find any more T_T. very sorry i forgot your name) This would be a place-able device similar to the engi turret that functions as the scout radar would. You'd have only one to place and they last until destroyed. It be moderately sized and give off a small hum that you could hear from a close distance. This makes the recon dart seem fairly viable because it cant be destroyed and you can spam it, but gives you a viable side grade. Perhaps the new device could also cost resources or have a timer on it to prevent spam further. Also i think it be neat if this device could be hacked and counter hacked (more on that next) put the only one at a time would still apply.

3. Counter hacking
    It be pretty cool if there was another cert tree based around counter hacking and hack prevention. In theory there'd be stuff like longer hack times, showing the infiltrator trying to hack the thing on radar similar to spotting them, maybe even a tiny EMP trap that goes off once the terminal is hacked and functions as an EMP grenade but disables the device for a short time though that's admittedly pretty strong. Perhaps there could be a one use device that disables counter hack measures on the thing in question. I don't know what these hacks should be limited to though.

4. Things to hack
    Right now i feel like there's just not much use for me after I've hacked the few terminals and small amount of turrets. It be neat to have some kind of doors that need to be hacked open to allow alternate paths of attack for others, some control panel that once hacked causes turrets to heat up quicker and cool down slower, something that disables the announcer voice that says generator compromised etc, something that doubles spawns for the facility but requires the infiltrator to sit there and be vulnerable for a good bit of time (Perhaps making the hacking bring up a UI in which you have to match something to another with 4 other choices like Blacklight retribution or the kind from mass effect. That way youd be able to hack quicker if your better at it) but it would only be for the spawn delay system.

5.(this ones very minor) Flashlight and Forward Grip, as well as other sniper troubles
    Why? Why would i dump 100 certs into either of them? Though i guess the forward grip for the VS and TR standard rifle since you cant just OHK on headshot like NC. Also why is there a sway on rifles like the phantom? At least make it a much lessened sway since its a lighter rifle, but it just makes this rifle feel less useful, though it could be my sniping inexperience.

6. Cloak Certs
    Right now cloak is just a flat increase on Regen time and the nano-armor is a bit more dynamic though as an infiltrator i don't know why you'd be getting shot, maybe explosives i guess. Id much prefer an increased fuel reserve like the LA gets for jump and drifter jets. Id also like to see some more dynamic options to the cloak module, perhaps a surge cloak that boosts your speed, maybe a cloak that gives you thermal vision, maybe even a jammer cloak that disables the mini map of close by enemies. These would all have smaller fuel reserves of course making them sidegrades not upgrades.

7. I'm a military trained operative skilled in the art of stealth... Right?
    This is kind of a joke point and i really doubt I've ever died because of it, but god damn am i loud as all hell! From shooting my recon device to cloaking and decloaking to spotting an enemy (which i think should be silent for infiltrators kinda like they type it in on a device or something) seem like I'm some kind of alarm clock making sure every on is awake. That and the glow lights on NC seem silly. Again I'm really doubtful this has ever lead to my demise and it might just be because it contrasts more from the other classes.

All in all i think this would give an infiltrator better control of the flow of an individual battle making a kind of shadow battle between infiltrators as the more see able battle rages on. Thanks for reading and putting up with grammar mistakes i probably missed and i really hope i didn't come across as 'buff this class'. Ill keep on playing my new favorite class and hope it becomes more fun for all to play :D!
    • Up x 3
  2. pieman2945

Love it! But how would the counter hacking work? What, when you hack something, it activates a counter hack? Other than that, full support
  3. FlameGankin

I Imagine it would work like hacking does now except it would bring a menu up when your down and you can select from a list of counter hacks that you've unlocked. Perhaps it would be a cert tab and you could cert into multiple countermeasures making them more effective as well.
  4. FlameGankin

To clarify counter hacking would be used on things that are under your factions control, i.e. terminals. Just realized my wording could lead to a different idea.
  5. pieman2945

Would they occupy a slot?
  6. FlameGankin

Not sure on that one. Originally i thought of it just being a menu that opened up once you finished the counter hacking and gave you each option you certed into, but forcing a player to choose might make for some more strategic planning. If they were to occupy a slot they could take place of utility or they could have there own slot for the counter hacks which could make for a new suit option allowing you to carry more of them like heavies have for rockets or engis for mines etc. I'd love to hear more opinions on this and the other things from some other players as well :D