[Suggestion] ideas for Trident

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Jan 22, 2022.

1. AntDX316

I've carried my thoughts over from here after reading the issues people were feedbacking: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside..._off_the_bat_if_the_tridents_are_going_to_be/

Option:
    It would work if you can use a base spawn to teleport into the Trident like the Biolab but then it would become a mini biolab.

Option:
    Maybe a new vehicle carrier like a mini-bastion platform would be an answer to the highly elevated Trident entrances? It should only be used on Oshur and not the other conts for balance. Just as if they are going to add swim gear and submarines, it should be Oshur only pulls.

Option:
    Maybe if there was underwater hacking at the base of the trident determines spawn options for the faction up at the Trident? This would then force people to battle at the bottom to keep the natural spawns up on the main level available?

There has to be ways to shoot underwater like in other games. It doesn't have to be 100% realistic. 100% realistic is worst.

I think there should be at least 2 or 3 of those to areas to cap at the base, not just 1 or 2. Coral and other things could make it better than to have everything "in the open".
  2. Demigan

I would rather they dump Oshur entirely and just focus on improving the core gameplay. Redesigning spawnbunkers, making it enjoyable to be outpopped through mechanics that slide based on (local) pop numbers, rebalancing A2G and G2A, adding secondary objectives to bases, giving infantry dozens of utility options to enhance their gameplay and give them a better chance not to be steamrolled by vehicles etc. All such changes would have a larger, longer lasting and more effective change of the gameplay than even 3 new continents would do for the game, and for less effort too.
    • Up x 1
  3. TR5L4Y3R

personaly i don´t mind Oshur but yea, agreed with the rest ... i mean for how long are we asking for coregameplayimprovements now .. i stopped counting at this point
  4. AntDX316

That can still happen while not dumping Oshur. Oshur is great and they are doing a great job on it.

The Planetside Arena hopefully showed the Devs to Not pursue a Planetside 3 unless it looked like Unreal 5 with Planetside 2 Stats and Outfits transferred over. Destructible environments and terrain like Battlefield.
    [IMG]
  5. Demigan

You forgot procedurally generated continents, mass attacks by AI controlled aliens and Borderlands style weapon variety!