[Suggestion] Ideas for the Light Assault Tool and Utility by an Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Jellyman_E, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Jellyman_E

I ask you to please read this posting thoroughly before you reply. Please keep posts on topic so that if you think its a good idea so that the developers will see this and consider it. Please like and bump this if you approve for the same reason.

TOOL:
    For the tool slot I was thinking a Grenade Launcher. This should work like the Heavy Assault's Rocket Launchers in respect to how your restricted to limited amounts of ammo say 5 to start, but a Munitions Pouch suit slot that allows you to carry more, but be deployed like the Engineer's turrets. My ideas for the damage it does is based off the grenade launchers already in game the Bulldog and Fury. That being it's best suited for taking out infantry, and if a direct hit it does minor damage to armor.

[IMG]

It has been brought to my attention that the main reason why most play the Light Assault is because the huge amount of mobility this class has, and implementing this would take that away. So I was thinking maybe a Grenade Launcher. I know you have the under barrel ones, but your sacrificing the use of a forward grip or laser sight for that, and its not even a option for all rifles. So a standalone Grenade Launcher, is what came to mind. works just like the under barrel so not able to deal damage to armor but still affective against infantry, or still keep the Fury and Bulldog damage but limit the ammo to 2 rounds, and with the Munitions Pouch you can carry up to 5 rounds.
    [IMG]
    Utility:
    For the utility I was thinking what would make this class unique. Then it came to me, C4. Yes, you guys have it but why does a Medic have it? His job is to pick up our body parts and glue us back together with nanites, not blow stuff up. Heavy Assault has Rocket Launchers for taking down vehicles why does he need bricks of C4? Engineers have Tank Mines and the option for an Anti-Vehicle turret. So again why doe this class have C4? If you were the only ones to use it, it would make you more of an asset to the team.
  2. Daibar

i have read it and i do not want a tool like you describe, our mobility is essensial, a deployable that needs us to stay still would not, in my opinion, follow that line of thought.

the utility section: in the Danish army, we educate doctors to become soldiers as well, they undergo the same training as everyone else, do we teach them explosives? no, but we do offer that option should they choose to continue down that road within the military.
    i would not like the C4 to be a LA class specific item, leave it as it is now, available to all but infiltrators and maxes.

i have made my suggestions earlier in this thread when it comes to tools.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/la-role-discussion.118109/page-2#post-1652867
  3. Jellyman_E

I appreciate reading the post and bringing the mobility flaw to my attention.

I understand in your post you said a doctor would be able to be trained into explosives or any other training he would like to be a part of, but we are talking about a game. Where we are limited to what we can do. If I could, my Infiltrator class would be certified to use C4 along with a turret, medic nanite gun, and a jump jet, but I cant. If I want to take out a tank with C4, deploy a turret, heal, or fly around, I have to change my class. I cant just certify in everything so I could make one perfect soldier. Its so easy to change your class as it is, so why is it that almost every class can use C4? It also minimizes the team aspect of the game. If C4 was given to one class, other classes would be more dependent on each other.
  4. Kronic

The mobile nade launcher is what I had in mind, but it would fire flash and smoke nades. HE nades would probably be too spammy and annoying for people on the receiving end of it. Maybe if they fired nades that had a set detonation timer and didn't detonate on impact it would be okay. But yeah, I think it should primarily be used to fire tactical nades.
    It never made sense to me why medics had C4 either, but I doubt the devs want to take it from them and I'm sure medics have gotten used to it so you may as well let them keep it. At least until their class pass comes around where they're get something new in their utility slot.
  5. Jellyman_E

I do like the idea oh it being used for tactical purposes, but the tool is supposed to have some sort of XP gain. I see it being kind of hard getting XP from shooting smoke, at least flashbangs give an assist. I think flashbangs would be worse than HE if they were spammed though. I believe they have more of a blast radius, therefore the potential of effecting more people. The developers could take the projectiles and tone down the damage and radius of the blasts so to minimize the overuse of the weapon if they had to. The Grenade launcher would have to have a long reload time just like the Rocket Launcher and the limited ammo, so that would help minimize the spamming.
  6. Doggzor

How about it fires incendiary rounds, covers the targeted area in fire for an area of denial effect. Using flash bangs with them could compliment the 2 in some good game play tactics.
  7. Jellyman_E

That would be sweet, but you don't think that could be a little much?
  8. Daibar

hell i'd even settle for something as "simple" as toggleable goggles

Something ala predator vision.

Infrared / thermal / bullet trace / zoom x1.5 / zoom x2.0

you get the goggles, but you cert into the vision type you want.
    only 1 vision can be active at a time and you have to re-equip to change the type.
    the default would be infrared.

Infrared
    default with option to extend the distance with aditional certs.
    default 35 meters.
    200 certs for first +20 meters.
    800 certs for next +20 meters.
    1500 certs for the last +20 meters
    max distance would be roughly 95 meters and would cost 2500 certs to max out.

Thermal
    Then you can pay like 4000 certs to get the thermal with extended range +30 meters and infiltrator heat signature detection.
    it has to be expensive and limited to the LA only.
    the range with the extended thermal would be like max 70 meters where after it would fuzz out like we see today.
    so there would still be a disadvantage to use it because of your generally limited vision.

Something like that might bring up the need for the LA.
    but you know you have to have someone who plays LA to fully use a tool like that, because not everyone will want to use 4000 certs on a class they hardly ever play.

Bullet trace
    just like they upped the bullet trace in daylight, this should allow to pinpoint the direction more acuractly, like, leave the tracer longer in the air and have it dissolve slowly compared to regular fade.

zoom 1.5 and 2.0
    it is pretty much self explaining.

because to me this would be an option that leaves us mobile and gives us some extended purpose in regards to being a flanking class and assault.
    we would be the sweepers and sniper hunters.

but who knows what they'll bring in when they revamp the infiltrator.
    • Up x 3
  9. Corezer

your idea for an LA utility is to nerf every other class (besides infil)

that seems a little self serving...
  10. Corezer

A couple of things I would like to see added to the LA class.

"Drifter" JJs:
    What we have now, easier to use much like the surger makes vehicles handle more easily. You can take more obtuse routes than with the "Racer" and be more readily able to act in a less than predictable manner. The tactician's choice. Increased capacity and recharge 60%

"Racer" JJs:
    Increasing Thrust and recharge instead of capacity, these will get you places faster. However, the increased speed comes with increased momentum, increasing your turn radius and causing you to need more fuel (which you have less of) to change direction. This means more moving in straight lines, less flying around things but better flying to them. The objective rusher's choice. Increased movement and recharge 60%

"Combat" JJs
    Changes momentum and recharges faster instead of capacity, also uses sprint CoF. Still wont be as quick to ADAD as on the ground, and you will have the distance clearing ability of level 1 "Drifter" JJs, but the ability to round corners when under fire and fight effectively from the air is hard to under estimate. The front line fighter's choice. Momentum change speed and fuel capacity increased 60%, sprint CoF used while space bar is held.

Instead of giving LA a tool, they could have the Nano Regen Device as an "F" key ability in addition to the space bar jetpack. This would augment the medic by creating a more mobile class to give healing on different parts of the line and in areas hard to get to by foot due to enemy breach or what have you. Meanwhile the medic could have their NRD replaced with an ACE tool that constructs a Nanite Emission Post. The NED would act much in the same way as a healing grenade, except permanent until destroyed or replaced somewhere else. This would leave the Medic still viable as a fighter with the assualt rifle, and a boon with the ability to revive, and a better healer with the ability to provide medical services across more of the line. LA would get some survivability in medium range fights (although not as good at any range as a shield, a little "lighter" duty, IE Light Assault) and the ability to bring some healing to the fight would make them a more viable team selection, we would also get the ability to carry C4 without neutering ourselves completely as fighters. Still not as logistically feasible an option as a rocket launcher, but it would give us some much needed flexibility as combatants

NC Carbine: AF-21 Warfighter
    Damage - 167@10m 125@60m
    Reload - Short 1830ms(1.83s) long 2400ms(2.4s)
    Ammo - 30/150
    Recoil - Vertical .4 Horizontal .225/.225 angle 0/0 no bias 18 decrease 2.25x 1st shot
    ADS - Speed 75% still .1/move .3/jump 3/crouch .1/crouchwalk .25
    Hip - still 1.25/move 2/sprint 5/jump 7/crouch 1/crouchwalk 1.5
    Bloom - ADS .06 Hip .12
    Misc - RoF 652 Velocity 460 Bullet Drop 11.25

Designed as an answer to the LC2 Lynx and VX6-7, insert description for mouseover here

Realtalk - it's an 800rpm carbine in NC flavoring, meaning designed more for range. It doesnt have the TTK of an 800rpm carbine up close, nor the spray power, but will outperform say the mercenary. Doesnt have the horizontal recoil or the first shot multiplier to match the mercenary at a distance, but will perform better than a vx6-7 or lc2 lynx at long range. give it access to the standard cqc carbine attachments, adv laser, spa, etc.

TR Carbine: TRAC-8
    Damage - 143@10m 100@60m
    Reload - Short 2960ms(2.96s) Long 3500ms(3.5s)
    Ammo - 40/200
    Recoil - Vertical .3 Horizontal .25/.25 Angle 25/45 left bias 18 decrease 3x 1st shot
    ADS - Speed 50% Still .1/Move .35/Jump 3/Crouch .1/Crouchwalk .25
    Hip - still 1.5/move 2/sprint 5/jump 7/crouch 1/crouchwalk 1.5
    Bloom - ADS .05 Hip .1
    Misc - RoF 845 Velocity 420 Bullet Drop 11.25

Designed for maximum leathality up close, insert description for mouseover here

Realtalk - it's a TR 845rpm carbine. its pretty bad at range, made sure of that to balance out 845rpm with a 40 round mag. that being said up close it's pretty beast looking on paper. wont beat the other 845 rpm carbines at range due to even wilder angle variance than the lynx with just as much max and very high horizontal recoil, but the bigger mag gives it premium spraying power for hipfire stylists.
  11. Wolfwood82

Just give us AI mines and we'd be much happier for additional utility.
  12. Takoita

Grenade launcher like the UBGL one but as a primary weapon with different ammo options sounds like a good idea. Not with the current projectile dysfunction on UBGL though.