[Suggestion] Ideas for pistols

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Nov 7, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

Pistols are something that caught my eye since I've got 4 of them on my TR main mostly because of the differences between performance of both ES and NS pistols. So here's a few ideas to buff ES and nerf NS pistols (Going to explain later in the thread why are they a bit too good).

ES pistols now get a barrel attachment (Long barrel) which improves ADS accuracy, increases your minimum damage by one tier (You do more damage at longer range), but suffer worse hip accuracy, bloom and you are revealed at a longer distance.

Another addition that should be made are scopes for ES pistols. Come on, NS ones get scopes, but ES ones don't?

I'd like for Rebel's damage to be increased to 334 and it's mag size reduced to 8, Cerberus gets improved accuracy, T4 AMP gets 24/25 rounds and better accuracy, Mag-Scatter deals 800 damage maximum, directive beamer gets infinite ammo but only 16/15 rounds before overheating, President gets full auto and the directive mag-shot gets insane velocity buffs and deals more minimum damage.

And lastly, ES attachments. NC deals more damage over range and have better velocity at cost of more bloom per shot, VS automatically reload (Kind of like the heat reload, except it automatically drains your ammo) and are more accurate but also fire slightly slower, and TR? They get lockdown or something. Could give their semi-auto pistols 2-burst fire mode, while burst/full auto get increased fire rates.

And now... the revolver nerfs!

So, why are revolvers OP? It's because they are extremely easy to use and can out-DPS primary weapons in some scenarios, especially when there are headshots involved or if enemy has 400 or less health. They are the most widely used except for starter pistols, and kill as much (not to forget, you have to spend 1000 certs or 799 DanK bucks to get it). They're simply too good to be secondaries, but not good enough to be primaries.

I'd say that they should be made mostly ADS, so hip-fire CoF and bloom are much worse and Commissioner/Underboss now take a bit of aiming skill to use, kind of like a Gauss SAW among pistols.

Thanks for reading?
    • Up x 4
  2. ColonelChingles

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  3. Pikachu

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. asmodraxus

but but

NS Pistols are the VS main side arms, because none of the VS side arms are any good compared to the NS
  5. Pikachu

[IMG]

[IMG]
    0.50 bmg pistol
    • Up x 1
  6. Joexer

+1 because this was everything i was gonna say in my pistol thread
  7. RedArmy

Pistols are easy to think of when we look at calibur in relation to empires
    -TR are using the 9mm, theres ALOT you can do with it. uber accurate, High rate of fire, extended mags? not a problem with 9mm. just imagine the TR handguns as the Glock and the Beretta.
    -NC are using the 45ACP, Much bigger round, less ammo per mag but still a ton you can do with it. the problem is making it managable withough having a drum fed handgun that only holds 30 rounds. imagine the NC hadguns are the 1911 or 10mm
    -VS use the lazer equivalent of the 40. yea sure its ok. but nobody like the 40 so we will make it into lazers instead cuz lazers are cool. VS set phasers to DISCO!
    -Revolvers are a different story due to the size of the round. a 357 is the size of a 9mm, however the weight of the round is more than double. so although traveling slower, it has alot more mass that needs to slow down using YOU to decelerate. it works in a similar way with the 45acp and the 44magnum.
    -My question - why cant we get a 50cal pistol?
  8. Joexer

First off TR uses 9mm and 10mm in the case of the emperor. Ala striker ps1.

NC should have a 50 cal pistol in the Rebel. But damage should be increased. And mag size reduced
  9. Zombo

I've seen a review on the double-barrel M1911, the front sight flew off after the first 200 rounds,
    piece of garbage, but still awesome

also it's kind of weird that the VS have the pistol with the highest damage-per-shot (Cerberus) rather than the NC, i love using the Cerberus, the only good silenced pistol VS has for stalker cloakers, besides the beamer (yes i like the beamer, call me crazy, but once i even shot down a mossi with it)
  10. PasitheeVS

[IMG]

New Vanu Technology: The Beamer 2.0

(didn't find a good pic of a purple brick...)
  11. PasitheeVS

Forgot: The NS-69 NREF

[IMG]

Still better than a Beamer.
  12. UberNoob1337101

*bump*

Also, what's up with all the VS pistol hate? I think the Beamer is pretty good, Manticore is basically Mag-Shot and Cerberus is basically Rebel, while Spiker is basically Desperado-

Though, the lack of difference and originality is kind of stupid. They should be a bit more different.
  13. orangejedi829

I just wish they would fix the Mag-scatter. I realllly want a mini shotgun sidearm, because shotguns :3