Ideas for new shield types

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by UberNoob1337101, Jul 1, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

I had an idea for the HA shields that are much different than the standard shields in a way that they are passive or are more oriented towards team-based gameplay. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Passive Nanite Shield Generator : Adds 200/150 shields to your base 500 shields, to a net total of 700/650. The recharge cooldown is slower by 5 seconds (15 total) and on max rank it's the default recharge cooldown (10 seconds) It would also have a synergy with Advanced Shield Capacitor and Nanoweave Armor. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ES Team-play shield : Every shield contributes to the team in some way (Straight up protection, Speed boost, fire rate and reload speed). The NC would have a shield that protects the allies around him. TR get a RoF and reload speed boost, and the VS get a mobility + speed boost or a limited time cloak shield that cloaks people within it's radius. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just some random ideas i put together and hoped it would change the way HAs play towards a hit and run role and team-play role.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ximaster

My idea: remove shields. U make a favor to infiltrators.
  3. Steza

I think they are good where they are, just be smart remember how to take down a Heavy Assault from roof tops or de-cloak fire run and re-cloak for infiltrators, can also just toss a EMP grenade into the room run in and SMG them down. Shoot, run, proximity mine for engineer. A max should be able to hold his own against a 1v1 heavy assault. Lastly the medic, it's always bad to go alone as a medic so bring a friend or engage in long distance fights with them.

Last tip of advice never shoot at them while they are looking in your direction and never attack one in a head to head fight alone. So like if I'm looking at you, you're looking at me don't shoot me and expect me not to pop my shield on you.

On the other side though I like the idea of Empire Specific shields they just need to tweak a bit and not be able to be abused such as a bunch of heavies with the VS limited cloak you can huddle troops together pop it move silently. Then when your shield goes out another heavy replaces it until theirs dies and yours is recharged. Would bring a whole new meaning to ghost capping. Solution to this is maybe not give them a cloak but stick with the mobility say ZOE style, make them move fast at the cost of them looking like a rave party heading towards you.

With the NC same idea as awesome as it is to be apart of a phalanx with max suits in a CQC point. The idea heavies will be able to use it would make max's kind of useless since it can only cover it self not a few people unless they kanga line it up. There is however a way to fix that make the NC shield just cause bullet damage to decrease being fired out of and fired into. So if I'm unloading lets say a pulsar LSW on them I will do decrease damage against them but not be fully stopped by their shield. Vice versa if I'm using a EM1 to shoot at the enemy my bullet does decrease damage since I'm firing through a shield.

Lastly the TR not much I can say on this really but I would rather just see a increase in the Reload Speed as maybe 0.3 off short reload and 0.5 off long reloads. With no ROF increase to balance it out.

My two cents Great ideas though they can be amazing and add a new flavor of teamwork to the Heavies instead of them being the "We don't got a max with engineers sooooo Be our bullet sponge please."
    • Up x 1
  4. Nalothisal

Infils were never meant to take on a Heavy and expect to win. WHY CAN'T YOU IDIOTS SEE THAT?!?!?!?!
    • Up x 2
  5. SamReye

Like the concept. I always envisioned HA to be more of an AV class than both an AV/AP class. It would also be nice if the HA had a shield that worked kinda like the NC MAX shield; bullets that hit the shield would do 50-25%-ish damage. As a balance, the HA would be required to equip his secondary. My only concern with that idea, though, is the Commissioner. :confused: Alternatively, there could be a radial buff that a HA could apply to teammates other than himself that gives an overshield adding 100-300 shields, depending on the charge or something, idk; or it could just give a 15-25% resistance to small arms. Either way, I also liked the concept of ES HA shields, and/or possibly a passive system that doesn't have the same level of power that the HA currently has.
  6. Dargadon

Additional Armor Plating (in terms of mechanic - like passive Resist shield). Occupies ability slot, provides small percentage of additional resistances.
    Reactive Plating (or Layer Shield). Blocking one any bullet. Cooldown 15-30 seconds. Stores up to 2-5 charges.
    Focused Shield (another variation of passive Resist shield). Provides medium percentage of resistances from ONE side. Using ability button will cycle sides.
    Assault Plating. Completly removes shields and lowers movement speed by 15%. Grants increased HP pool to compensate with constant HP regeneration.
  7. UberNoob1337101

This... Take all my thumbs,.dumb infils don't deserve kills in general, they need all the advantages they can get and good aim/good positioning/good bunny hopping skills in order to win, which isn't nearly as hard as infils make it out to be.

As to you gentlemen, thanks for the replies :D I'm currently typing in a phone, but I'm thinking about balancing the shields a bit. Also, safety bump.
  8. freeAmerish

Go and hide behind your shield.
  9. Kulso

I want some ES Shields. The TR can get some kind of shield that makes them shoot faster and reduce damage by 50% with a short duration, maybe like 5 seconds or so. NC can probably get a riot shield that makes him immune to damage from the front, can't use any weapons though. Idk about VS.