[Suggestion] ideas for LA toolslot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Jack tha Man, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Jack tha Man

Yo peeps.. i got a suggestion for a tool that can either swap with the ifiltrators scan tool or work as a la tool
    Here it goes....

Some kind of a target designator tool to mark targets for bombing... Since u sit in good places to mark vehicles and aircraft's this would be awesome as a teameffort tool... Mark the target and let ppl with lock On weapons deliver the blow.. kinda. Like soflam in bf3? Tell me what ye think.. I would also suggest to increase the fuel of the jetpack since you can almost never get ontop a tower in one go.and since its the future I would think that this should be thought of u know.not a major inc but just some since all you do otherwise is fly As high as u can and stick to the wall of the tower ceiling BTW is that a bug thats gonna get fixed? Hehe I'm typing on my phone so I don't bother making this pretty ../jack

p.s I don't want ps2 to be turned into bf3 tho some ideas work well here aswell since it's really coming from actual warequippment. And laser designaton is incredibly important for rl ops jack out

Id like this to be a straight forward thread that posts ideas directly towards getting the LA class a good workable tool.

no big Discussions about none related subjects like other classes.
    Wellplanned and good ideas is what id like to hear so that The SOE team got less to read bout...think they got plenty as it is ^^
  2. Silver Pepper

Pretty much this. I think it was suggested back in Beta, maybe? Although that would require a re-jigging of how render distances and damage works. But it'd be awesome to maybe have an alternate firemode on Liberators to allow them to fire onto a lased target, or something.
  3. 01101010

Deployable jump-pads similar to the Engy turret where you would only be able to place it when green. Limit the range to 50m or 100m or whatever and make them destroyable.
  4. Jack tha Man

Hehe yea it would require a functional distance rendering tweak..tho i sincerely hope they are about to fix this? ^^

i think theres alot of potential in this since it opens up alot of new ways to intereact with the rest of the army..making him a key soldier for the front line -
    For instance .. a LA usually infiltrates the front and get pass the enemy lines and from there he got eyes and ears for the most dangerous of vehicle targets approaching the army... he lases the target and then the rest of the army can lock onto it and let the barrage fly..

Or as Silver Pepper states a Lib can lock onto and shoot guided shells towards it.. would be equilevant to smart missiles of today.

tho theres a problem, beeing in numbers...i believe theres like 100 LA in an area where like 20 tanks ought to be that means they will be "Over Lased" tho the IR Smoke could disable the lase and youl have to move the tank since the unguided missles will hit where you last were?
  5. Jack tha Man

This isnt a LAs duty to place these since we already jump over the wall... tho it would be better suited for either Infiltrator or engi?
    Engi chooses between his mana turret?

tho this is a good idea.. well thought of ^^
  6. RayDrazon

There goes the Crown being defensible...
  7. Minsc

I like the idea of something that makes use of our mobility or enhances. Spotting seems like a great role for LA.

Binoculars : work in a similar way as what you suggest, but rely on a change to the spotting mechanic. Perhaps keeping the normal spot but allowing people to lock on faster to targets.
    Adrenaline pump extended : Makes our tool slot actually a suit slot