Ideas for alternatives to MANA turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Kid Gloves, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Lokarin

Two Words: Petard Mortar!
  2. Hexcaliber

Personally I would like to see a deploy-able that blocks night vision over a small area, or reduces the range at which it can be used to spot troops, some of the rocket spam from air vehicles gets a little silly as its incredibly easy to spot players using NV, a little too easy. Given all the tech the factions use, its mind boggling that no one has any sort of ecm, to counter electronic aids for spotting troops.
  3. witherstaff

a turret with a head protector. While I do find it amusing to see my headless corpse still manning my turret while I'm waiting to respawn it gets old fast.

A no shield's variant so you don't stand out as a sore thumb.

A turret with adjustable legs. I don't know how many times I've gotten killed while trying to find a level spot to place one. Even inside with flat floors you can't place them in many places.
    • Up x 2
  4. Azren

Mana turret with full front shielding and some extra side shielding.

Mana turret with AV weapon.

Cloak field.

Motion sensors.

Radar disruptors.

EMP mines.

Spitfire turrets.
    • Up x 1
  5. SilverElf001

Harpoon Turret. Fires a long range harpoon with significant bullet drop. Can be used to immobilize enemy vehicles, or can be fired up to a hard to reach spot to let allies tight-rope walk up to that area. Must reload after each shot, firing again despawns previous harpoon.
  6. Commissar Gaunt

Shield generator = happy sundy drivers :) make this happen!
  7. SixVoltSamurai

You know, this could be as useless as the MAX flamethrowers in beta, but damn if I wouldn't use the hell out of this turret.
  8. SixVoltSamurai

Engi's have plenty of AV options, it would be overkill to give them more imo.
  9. Azarga

I'd like another AV option on top of those we already have. Could free Utility slot for something other than AV-mines (right now I see them as a Must Have for Engies in almost any situation). But I see your point.
    What about #2 and #3 then?
  10. SmileyBomb

AA and AV turrets are great options. You sacrifice two options to get an advantage over one. You can kill infantry, vehicles, or "scare" aircraft. This is similar to how a MAX already operates, but as an engi you suffer from the dreaded "shoot me" shield, less armor, and the inability to move and shoot. It is also on par with HA missile launchers that have AA lock-on, AV lock-on, or no lock-on (seems to do more damage without lock-on).
    • Up x 1
  11. ytman

I want an Anti-Air turret that shoots EMP pulses that freeze liberator guns.
  12. Serell

All I want is a turret that can hurt vehicles. Then I'll be the happiest engineer :3
    • Up x 1
  13. Daejin

As long as NONE of the veriants have an explosive round that deals AoE. So sick of randomly bein' OHK'd by an explosion 10 meters away.
  14. NoNeutrality

Deployable cover! Pweeeeese!
  15. Vargos

Yeah, I'd even settle for hurting just a little. I don't need to be able to 2-shot a tank, but whittling it down a bit for "deterrence" might be nice.
    • Up x 1