(IDEA) Turret Enhancements

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InsanePsycho, Jul 7, 2015.

1. InsanePsycho

Would there be any way you may be able to add upgrade options for the turrets? They definitely need enhancements.
  2. ColonelChingles

They had this idea pop up with "outfit ownership" of bases.

One idea was that outfits would accumulate points from successfully doing things. Then over time outfits could spend these points to fortify bases (among other things). This would give an incentive for outfits to defend particular bases.

As such outfits would be able to either upgrade base defense turrets or reposition them (place an AA turret there instead of an AI turret for example).

And then the powers that be looked at that and proclaimed, "forget that, too much work". And instead they left it where outfit symbols that no one really knows (I barely know what the symbol of my own outfit is) were slapped on to structures that no one really looks at.

To this date, I have never heard of an outfit redeploying to save a base for any other reason than that there happens to be a good fight there or strategic interest.
    :(
  3. InsanePsycho

That would be cool, I should have been more specific I meant deploy-able turrets.
  4. Steza

You can upgrade them under engineer certs, but that just extends how long you can full auto until it over heats. Be nice to have thermal on it. Though I do like the idea someone using the turret one handed while looking through binoculars.

I just use my AI MANA turret as deployable cover to shoot from.
  5. AshHill07

They're not even the outfit logos though, they're just previously available decals you can set as an outfit logo. Its even more stupid with outfits like the one I'm in (252nd) because our outfit logo is in the god damn game files. Can we use it? Of course we can't.
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

the auto turret should come in multiple variants:

"Spitfire" machine gun (default)
    "Ravager" canister shot (closerange shotgun)
    "Executor" grenade launcher
    "Defender" auto-cannon (midrange anti-tank)
    "Redeemer" rocket launcher (longrange anti-tank)
    "Intruder" flak cannon (midrange anti-air)
    "Hellraiser" lock-on rocket launcher (longrange anti-vehicle/anti-air)
    "Sorcerer" electronic weapon system (EMP grenade effect/minimal damage)