[Idea] Scavenger Belt

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by gunfox, Feb 14, 2013.

1. gunfox

A new Suit Slot for the LA:

What does it do?
    It gives the LA the ability to pick up Ammo from dead enemies. It also lets the LA pick up things from the ground and dead bodies, and use them for himself. For example:
    -Mines
    -C4
    -Ammo Packs
    -Various grenades
    -Rocket Launchers (Only when the HA died with the RL in hand, and only one rocket inside)
    etc.
    Multiple (3-4) ranks of the belt, every rank increases the picked up ammo, and increases the amount of scavenged tools you can carry by 1.

I think this would be a blast to use, and would greatly add to the idea of the LA being a Commando behind enemy lines.
  2. Mythicrose12

This would be a bit much as it would drastically change the LA.

Mines : We do just fine without them. Honestly I wish only inflitrators had mines but engineers seem to get all sort of explosive love. There would be much QQ if mines didn't trigger as a LA passed over it to "acquire" it. Just as much if a LA can take mines/C4 from a dead opponents inventory. I personally would hate having my C4 taken from me when I've not used it. It's already bad enough to set two bricks down and have someone else set them off. Also consider the outrage as LA loot AV mines from engineers.

C4 : All classes should be able to pick up their own C4. Similar to the mine situation above, I believe there would be a large amount of hate to loot C4 from bodies. Also consider that the C4 is attuned to the other person's radio frequency. Pick it up and they trigger it...you go boom. Unlike mines, I don't see people preplant C4 in many places except for Biolabs. Too costly to lose to a rogue grenade, rocket, etc.

Ammo Packs : Use weapons with extended magazines and enemy engineer ammo packs. Very rarely do I run out of ammo when using an extended mag Nova before I die (but I don't play overly cautious either).

Grenades : Use a weapon with the UBGL. Resupply with ammo packs. I see enough grenade spam as it is. You can cert the grenade bandolier to carry an additonal two grenades.

Rocket Launchers : Definately not. LA can already troll unsuspecting tanks and with some luck already damaged sunderers (or an UBGL with C4).

While it would be fun to everything, it would break gameplay. We'd no longer be light assaults but a combination of a flying engineer with a one use rocket that can't repair things.